Media Jon Anik tired of negativity from MMA fans, might leave in 2026

This was the same guy who was on Twitter bitching at fans for saying Nicco Montano was a horrible champion and the UFC needs to strip her. At the time she had won the belt and was just sitting around not fighting. Then she finally had a fight scheduled and she was hospitalized trying to make weight. The fans were being brutally honest, and he was going back n forth with them taking up for her and was kinda shitting on the fans.
Rogan will be the first one to tell you that it is hard to actually score a fight while commentating. Also, the fans are allowed their opinions, even if it doesnt line up with the Great Jon Aniks opinion.
And Football isnt much better. The only difference really is they know for sure who won. But acting as if they are so much more professional than MMA fans is silly. How many riots have they had? How many disasters have they had. Fans in general are going to have conversations about the sport. And based on my little experience with Anik, he kind of asks for it. If he chooses to leave, so be it. Hes the very definition of a company man. So his opinions are hard to take serious.

EDIT:
He meant American football. WOW... Ok my point still stands. Maybe not the riots. But, has he not interacted with Football fans much lmao. They are just as crazy. And while he will be defending the crooked refs for whatever crooked call they made. The fans will do the same as they are now.
Also... did this motherfucker just call us lowest common denominator?

He mentions going to NFL after I honestly do not think it would be better for hate from a fan base

Guy should just stick to his commentating job instead of doing these podcasts and reading what idiots have to say on the internet.

and I don’t think the nfl crowd will be much different.

Yeah....

but NFL games aren't decided by someones perspective. MMA scoring is subjective, NFL Scoring is not. the officiating is subjective. While I don't watch the sport, I'd bet that's what people argue about most. (whether a ref call was a good or bad call)

I appreciate the passion but I'm getting to a point at 45 years of age where I don't know how much time I have left in this MMA space because if I go do pro football like, I'm not necessarily going to be dealing with lowest common denominator all the time. I don't know man, I just feel like there's a lot of malice and disrespect from the fanbase.
this is an insane thing to say in comparison to football fans (!!!!!!!!) but he's absolutely right. "lowest common denominator" is a phrase that comes up a ton in mma discussions

I don't know what's funnier, that he literally called the UFC fanbase the "lowest common denominator" or that he thinks he would have a potential future as an NFL commentator.
He's definitely not ready to be an A-level commentator bro 😂

Meh let Don Frye take his place i dont care, just put on good fights that my eyes can see

Yeah....

but NFL games aren't decided by someones perspective. MMA scoring is subjective, NFL Scoring is not. the officiating is subjective. While I don't watch the sport, I'd bet that's what people argue about most. (whether a ref call was a good or bad call)
Well you said it, whether you're an NFL, NHL or NBA fan, you know very well that after pretty much every game the losing fans are crying about what was or wasn't a foul, red card, penalty shot, etc... MMA is not unique in this, but yeah on top of ref error you also have incompetent judges which I suppose adds to that. Also the nonsensical match making and favoritism of certain fighters over others, whereas in other sports every team has the same schedule... yeah I suppose you're right, MMA is extra fucked up.

Every mma youtube comment I see regardless of topic is:

Tony Ferguson is the type of guy that...[insert line]

I don't know what's funnier, that he literally called the UFC fanbase the "lowest common denominator" or that he thinks he would have a potential future as an NFL commentator.

If he's talking about it like he has the option, he's already gotten offers.

Good. He is only entertaining when reading an ad from one of the UFC's scammer sponsors.

He mentions going to NFL after I honestly do not think it would be better for hate from a fan base

NFL fans get angry at players, coaches, refs and league officials in that order precedence.

It's rare for commentators in the mainstream sports to take consistent heat from fans unless it's someone like Don Cherry, who's always talking about politics.

I mean, I agree that fans overreact to close decisions but quitting your job over it? Thats just a clear sign you spend too much time on the Internet.

People have argued about a close decision since early days of boxing. Shit happens in sports. I don't even think the negativity is that much for DDP/Strickland. Most here was actually good discussions.

bro thinks it’s hard reading hate comments at 45… takes a lot more to write them at 45. You’re welcome you ungrateful shill

bro thinks it’s hard reading hate comments at 45… takes a lot more to write them at 45. You’re welcome you ungrateful shill

He made a comment on his podcast about the pack of unhinged idiots that Strickland attracted who've been running wild on social media for the past couple of weeks.

Nothing ridiculous about what he said in context. The outrage is hilarious.

Look at this fucking forum. The majority of people here hate the majority of fighters. It's non-stop negativity.

Back