Jon Jones’s GOAT legacy

It’s a hard thing, it’s a hard question, the gear and all , also his behaviour isn’t exactly exceptional, I personally hate the entire goat debate, different eras , different weight categories, it’s so hard to call
But to me Jones legacy is that like him or not , he’s walked into some huge barbecues , massive pressure and he’s always got it done , people hate on him and I can see why , but his talent and will to win can’t be questioned

The measure for an asterisk is not USADA level testing, is failing those tests that other fighters passed.

It's about an equal playground for fighters.
Well eight of his opponents have popped, so....

MMA has been rife with roids from its inception when fighters were making $500 a fight.

If you think fighters are not taking, you are very naive.

Is there any scenario remaining where Jones’s legacy would take a significant hit? Would a loss to Stipe or anybody else at HW affect it? Or would he have an excuse due to his age and mileage?

Could anything happen to bring Jones down to the level of GSP or Fedor, for instance?

If Jones beats Stipe, he retires as GOAT for eternity.

If he loses to Stipe, he still remains in the discussion.

If Jones beats, Stipe, but then faces (and loses to) Pereira — Pereira retires as GOAT :D

Well eight of his opponents have popped, so....

MMA has been rife with roids from its inception when fighters were making $500 a fight.

If you think fighters are not taking, you are very naive.

Sure other fighters are roiding, but "others do it too" just isn't a viable argument when you get caught breaking the rules that others seem to obey. Did it ever work for you?

If I say there's an asterisk next to John's career is because of what I've been seeing from the media, the fighters, the MMA forums etc. not because I put it there. If they wouldn't be talking about it neither would we.

Sure other fighters are roiding, but "others do it too" just isn't a viable argument when you get caught breaking the rules that others seem to obey. Did it ever work for you?

If I say there's an asterisk next to John's career is because of what I've been seeing from the media, the fighters, the MMA forums etc. not because I put it there. If they wouldn't be talking about it neither would we.

If eight of his opponents have popped, statistically its not, who is obeying the rules; its, who is not getting caught.

Ken Shamrock said it himself, you have to be pretty naive to not know whats going on in MMA and pro-sports.

Lol. Didn’t he pop again more than likely. His latest tweets that he deleted are very weird. “Don’t kill me”. Just wow.

If Jones beats Stipe, he retires as GOAT for eternity.

If he loses to Stipe, he still remains in the discussion.

If Jones beats, Stipe, but then faces (and loses to) Pereira — Pereira retires as GOAT :D
Your avatar is sick.

If I saw dude walk into any environment looking like that, Id walk away, quickly.

If you take out him pissing hot he's the GOAT, but there's always that time he pissed hot. hehe. Still my goat.

Is there any scenario remaining where Jones’s legacy would take a significant hit? Would a loss to Stipe or anybody else at HW affect it? Or would he have an excuse due to his age and mileage?

Could anything happen to bring Jones down to the level of GSP or Fedor, for instance?

Down to the level of GSP?

Consider this:

Attachments

• Resized_Screenshot_20230329-033011_Facebook.jpeg
    Resized_Screenshot_20230329-033011_Facebook.jpeg
    280.2 KB · Views: 4
GSP's Opponents' Combined Win/Loss Record:
Wins: 494
Losses: 71

Jones' Opponents' Combined Win/Loss Record:
Wins: 417
Losses: 171

Khabib's Opponents' Combined Win/Loss Record:
Wins: 295
Losses: 114

You can’t be the GOAT when illegal substances were found in your system multiple times

Jones' Opponents' Combined Win/Loss Record:
Wins: 417
Losses: 171

Khabib's Opponents' Combined Win/Loss Record:
Wins: 295
Losses: 114

This doesnt indicate much, probably more pertinent would be records when they fought.

Fighters like Rampage are still out there fighting for $100 and a happy meal
upload_2023-3-29_15-59-55.png

Attachments

• upload_2023-3-29_15-59-18.png
    upload_2023-3-29_15-59-18.png
    282.7 KB · Views: 2

Assuming your data are true, your forgot to mention his 2 losses (and not by decision).

Among those 2 losses one of them against a former LW... and by TKO in the first round.

Not only he lost against a smaller guy, but he didn't even manage to get a decision.

But yeah the GOAT {<jordan}

Assuming your data are true, your forgot to mention his 2 losses (and not by decision).

Among those 2 losses one of them against a former LW... and by TKO in the first round.

Not only he lost against a smaller guy, but he didn't even manage to get a decision.

But yeah the GOAT {<jordan}

Every single person Jon Jones ever faced was "the smaller guy."

In both fights were he faced someone his own size, they were controversial wins, or most people thought he lost.

We'll see what happens when he faces Stipe Miocic.

He's going to lose eventually, if he keeps going too long like some do.

I think if you remove the peripherals his in cage stuff is at a point any loss will end the run, but won't change its greatness, imo, until someone does more.

All the peripherals considered, his legacy is a weird one already. Lot think it's already too tarnished to hurt any more.

Every single person Jon Jones ever faced was "the smaller guy."

In both fights were he faced someone his own size, they were controversial wins, or most people thought he lost.

We'll see what happens when he faces Stipe Miocic.

Same weight category + never missed the weight.

I don't care about the rest.

He's the GOAT but multiple losses would definitely affect his standing. I don't care about the PEDs. A staggering percentage of fighters have used PEDs throughout mma history. Some people are just naive and don't believe their favorite fighters ever tried to get an edge.

He's the GOAT but multiple losses would definitely affect his standing. I don't care about the PEDs. A staggering percentage of fighters have used PEDs throughout mma history. Some people are just naive and don't believe their favorite fighters ever tried to get an edge.

I get what you're saying. I make the same argument with Pereira.

But a lot of Jones' opponents were smaller, older fighters come out of their prime.

The closest thing Jones faced to an in-prime fighter, his same size, was Alexander Gustafsson — who took Jones down — and in many people's eyes won the fight.

Pereira came in, with only 6 MMA fights, and KO'd the same -sized Adesanya.

He's fixin' to KO Adesanya again.

I get what you're saying. I make the same argument with Pereira.

But a lot of Jones' opponents were smaller, older fighters come out of their prime.

The closest thing Jones faced to an in-prime fighter, his same size, was Alexander Gustafsson — who took Jones down — and in many people's eyes won the fight.

Pereira came in, with only 6 MMA fights, and KO'd the same -sized Adesanya.

He's fixin' to KO Adesanya again.
Well I definitely want to see Adesanya get faceplanted. Most of Jon's early opponents like Shogun, Machida, Rampage, Rashad, none of those guys were old. I don't care about Jon's size either because he made weight every single time. Jon is naturally a LHW he does not look good physically for HW in comparison.

Back