Rumored Jon Jones Announces Next Fight Date - November 9th - Madison Square Garden

I think he meant Jon is the only champ not to fight the interim champ.
How does that change what I said? Randy did fight Brock instead of Nog and Woodley fought Till instead of Colby.

I mean take away Tony I guess as Conor didn't defend at all and just came back and fought Khabib who'd ultimately won the new title. I still think he deserves a mention anyways though as the UFC ignored Tony's interim title and were forcing him and Khabib to fight for a vacant one instead of just promoting him and having him defend against Khabib. Both Conor and Tony were being stripped which was nonsensical. Tony's later injury makes their decision to strip him too valid in hindsight, but they were stripping him before that ever happened.

They've ignored interim belts when it suits them. The interim belt is first and foremost to sell a PPV when a champ pulls out/can't defend on a PPV card like they need to, and afterwards is whatever the UFC wants it to mean or not mean.

As we're seeing here by them having Tom defend. Tom's not defending because he has to, but because it's a British PPV card, Tom's British, and the UFC's decided to hold it at American time so the card needs to be stacked to ensure the British are willing to still be out at 6am. If Tom weren't interim champ he'd be on this card regardless for all those same reasons.

We're definitely being force fed this fight, but it will be fine and we'll all move on.

Whether Jones immediately retires or not is the most interesting bit!
It's impossible he doesn't retire and not fight Aspinall. Unless someone from left field like Ngannou returns that would take priority.

I don't know what's more hilarious, Juicehead and Goofapotomus pretending that anyone outside of jons last remaining fans actually caring about this match up, or the desperate damage control by said last handful of his fans on every one of these threads.

It was more of a general statement than trying to single you out. There really are Tom Aspinall fans here and I can tell who those are. Then there's probably some posters here who really do care about merit and I don't have issue with that but I understand how the UFC operates and all they want is money. If you pay attention though you can tell the other like 70-80% of this noble attitude about merit is just rooted in hatred of Jon.
None of them want to acknowledge that Tom is only defending because it's a British PPV the UFC is trying to stack because they're playing it on American time and they need to motivate the Brits to stay out till 6am for Leon/Belal.

Which Tom would have had to co-main event anyways even if he wasn't the interim champ.

And even if Jon was defending against Tom he'd never be defending over in England so this fight at this time would never even be happening regardless. Tom would still need to be fighting somebody or waiting out for Jon and we're right back at November or later anyways.

It's just absurd critcism all around which is how you know it's just rooted in anti-Jon hatred.

None of them want to acknowledge that Tom is only defending because it's a British PPV the UFC is trying to stack because they're playing it on American time and they need to motivate the Brits to stay out till 6am for Leon/Belal.

Which Tom would have had to co-main event anyways even if he wasn't the interim champ.

And even if Jon was defending against Tom he'd never be defending over in England so this fight at this time would never even be happening regardless. Tom would still need to be fighting somebody or waiting out for Jon and we're right back at November or later anyways.

It's just absurd critcism all around which is how you know it's just rooted in anti-Jon hatred.
It's all fun, people will have their opinions on everything. I do get lots of laughs though that any objectiveness goes right out the window when discussing Jon and the lengths people will go to discredit anything and everything about somebody they hate.

*Jon's GOAT status is diminished"
"Jon's destroying the division"
"Jon's scared of Tom Aspinall because he knows he murders him"

tenor.gif

You really don't get why the champion from NY wants his retirement fight to be in NY?

After they already tried to have his retirement fight be in NY before he got injured?

It's really perplexing you?
People like to say lots of things. Do you have insider info? If not then it's just speculation. You might be right but you don't know you're right. Also, do people REALLY care that much about Jones to need him to retire in his home state? If he's retiring for sure after this fight even. MSG is also a big target for non-New Yorkers so it's not an exclusively Jon Jones desire.

People like to say lots of things. Do you have insider info? If not then it's just speculation. You might be right but you don't know you're right. Also, do people REALLY care that much about Jones to need him to retire in his home state? If he's retiring for sure after this fight even. MSG is also a big target for non-New Yorkers so it's not an exclusively Jon Jones desire.
It's his home state and it's the most famous venue in the world. It's really not that confusing lol.

Might as well be asking why Tom's fighting on the Manchester card.

Jon did not lose to Gus, nor did he lose to Thiago. You might need to adjust how you judge fights. I agree he lost to Reyes, but 3 judges unanimously gave it to Jon and if you check out Jon's record it's a W.

Jon has 15 wins in title fights and 16 if you count an Interim. It looks like apparently Dana will let Jon do whatever the fuck he wants.

R.4e9ffc18027f61479be2557edae92727
I always liked gus

But he lost the championship rounds and Reyes never had Jones in trouble or rocked
I’m not a bones fan but you don’t take his belt over close fights against professional fighters

Every fight of his always takes 3 years to happen. Wish he would just retire. He’ll probably pop for steroids and postpone it another year or 2

Besides 2021 and 2022 Jones fought every year of his career.

Besides 2021 and 2022 Jones fought every year of his career.
He’s only fought 9 times in 10 years. Now a days he schedules a fight a few years in advance.

Even once a year for a champ is pathetic. Which he couldn’t even do that because him failing for steroids. Then it took him 5 years to move up to heavyweight only to look fat and soft. His last fight was 2 years ago

I always liked gus

But he lost the championship rounds and Reyes never had Jones in trouble or rocked
I’m not a bones fan but you don’t take his belt over close fights against professional fighters

People don't understand if a fighter has a good case to win 1-3 and then clearly loses 4 and 5 they're probably going to lose. With 4 and 5 clearly in his bag Jones only needed 2 of the first 9 frames to get the win to get the win over Reyes.

He’s only fought 9 times in 10 years. Now a days he schedules a fight a few years in advance.

Even once a year for a champ is pathetic. Which he couldn’t even do that because him failing for steroids. Then it took him 5 years to move up to heavyweight only to look fat and soft. His last fight was 2 years ago
How does that make you feel that he still has the most title fights in history?

People don't understand if a fighter has a good case to win 1-3 and then clearly loses 4 and 5 they're probably going to lose. With 4 and 5 clearly in his bag Jones only needed 2 of the first 9 frames to get the win to get the win over Reyes.
And he get slack because he’s the undefeated champion

Back