Rumored Jon Jones Announces Next Fight Date - November 9th - Madison Square Garden

I was ok with this fight at first. But after jones injury I'm not interested because stipe is going to be even older by the time they fight

Reactions: HHJ
Tom can fight again by then. If he beats Blaydes, that's what should happen. Stipe needs to be given a retirement check and sent back to the firehouse
Completely agreed.

I'm not gonna argue too much on Sherdog right now about Jones vs Aspinall, because in truth Aspinall needs to get past Blaydes. Curtis Blaydes is no pushover. Tom has to not get injured this time around, and then he has to beat Blaydes.

But if Tom Aspinall beats Curtis Blaydes, I think these forums will explode with demands for Jones vs Aspinall.

Completely agreed.

I'm not gonna argue too much on Sherdog right now about Jones vs Aspinall, because in truth Aspinall needs to get past Blaydes. Curtis Blaydes is no pushover. Tom has to not get injured this time around, and then he has to beat Blaydes.

But if Tom Aspinall beats Curtis Blaydes, I think these forums will explode with demands for Jones vs Aspinall.
Absolutely correct, it will get harder and harder for Jones to duck, at some point he or Dana will think it's not worth it and step aside. I mean it would be completely absurd if Aspinall wins and expects Jones after Stipe and then Jones wants to fight Pereira or someone completely out of the picture. That would be so absurd that not even Dana could go for that.....right?

Absolutely correct, it will get harder and harder for Jones to duck, at some point he or Dana will think it's not worth it and step aside. I mean it would be completely absurd if Aspinall wins and expects Jones after Stipe and then Jones wants to fight Pereira or someone completely out of the picture. That would be so absurd that not even Dana could go for that.....right?
Jon will have to fight Aspinall or Blaydes after he fights Stipe if he plans on sticking around. Dana has already expressed that he does not want Alex to move up to HW (at least right now). He's their golden goose at 205 and its biggest draw. Not to mention Alex is one of the only 2 fighters in that division who can sell PPV's, Jiri being the other. There's no way Dana and the UFC are going to sacrifice Alex to Jon. Doesn't matter how much Jon asks for it they will tell him to kick rocks before that happens because Alex is more valuable at this point.

I mean it would be completely absurd if Aspinall wins and expects Jones after Stipe and then Jones wants to fight Pereira or someone completely out of the picture.

lol it's completely absurd now, what is going to be the difference next time?

What happens when he calls out DC for his next defense? Because that's a legend and a big money fight?

Stipe wants this fight, I'm glad he is getting what he wants and hopefully he can smoke Jon. I'm not betting on that, but I'm hoping for that.

Stipe wants this fight, I'm glad he is getting what he wants and hopefully he can smoke Jon. I'm not betting on that, but I'm hoping for that.
Stipe in no way deserves this fight, and the fact that it's happening is a joke. Stipe will have not fought for over 3.5 years by November, and he lost his last fight.

It's not like Jon Jones is challenging Stipe's title defense record at heavyweight. I could understand if Jon was going for his 4th title defense at heavyweight, then maybe fighting Stipe to break his record would have some symbolism. But it doesn't.

Jon fighting anyone but the Blaydes/Aspinall winner is an absolute joke and a stain on the UFCs image.

Stipe in no way deserves this fight, and the fact that it's happening is a joke. Stipe will have not fought for over 3.5 years by November, and he lost his last fight.

It's not like Jon Jones is challenging Stipe's title defense record at heavyweight. I could understand if Jon was going for his 4th title defense at heavyweight, then maybe fighting Stipe to break his record would have some symbolism. But it doesn't.

Jon fighting anyone but the Blaydes/Aspinall winner is an absolute joke and a stain on the UFCs image.

Stipe going 2-1 with DC and 1-1 with Francis says otherwise. I like Tom, his win over Sergei was excellent and if Jon wins and hangs around hopefully we get that fight. I like the old dogs getting preferential treatment. Tom, should he hang around long enough, hopefully gets the same treatment one day.

The UFC should have never had Tom fight Sergei for the interim if they had no intention of putting the winner ahead of Stipe. Really stupid decision on their part.

lol it's completely absurd now, what is going to be the difference next time?

What happens when he calls out DC for his next defense? Because that's a legend and a big money fight?
Oh, I agree, It's already one of the biggest ducks in MMA history

who would pay to see this fool beat up an old man?

I still don't really know what Jon looks like at HW, I know he obliterated Ciryl Gane but Gane is lost in any grappling exchange with someone not named Don'Tale Mayes. On one hand coming off a 3 year lay off to become HW champ after not looking good at LHW for a while is sensational, on the other hand, Ciryl Ganes grappling is cage warriors prelim level

Back