News Jon Jones arrested for DWI and Firearm Charges

What will the UFC do?

• Total voters
Jon Jones just giving everyone something to talk about during the quarantine. He has a way of stealing the show. Always trying to captivate the public.

This is going to be a large thread but we all know jack squat won't happen

Oh man the video of the arrest was funny as fuck. After the first fuckup, he should have just said "ok fine, just take me to jail"

In the span of the arrest, he claimed anxiety, short term memory, tried to blame Corona and I think here was another not coming to me at the moment.

Oh ya, claiming to be helping the homeless.

Thanks to another sherdogger reminding me, I can add claiming his inability to count backwards, is because of his daughters dyslexia.
Don’t forget his ADHD.

You’d think he’d have enough experience performing field sobriety tests that he wouldn’t need it explained to him.

I had to find this out from Reddit because Sherdog was down.

<Sansa00>

Because of his past history with the law Jon should get jail time this time. A good 2 years would be perfect but I know that won't happen. Also the UFC should suspend him indefinitely but I know that won't happen either. In fact nothing will happen because Jon can get away with so much
At the very, verrrrrry least, he should lose his driver's license for good. But i'd be shocked if even that happens.
For fuck sake, he drank half a bottle of tequila and then drove somewhere to randomly start shooting a gun.
He is going to kill someone.

At least it wasn't multiple rape allegations like another fighter who shall go unnamed at the moment...

The haters are going to use this to discredit him again.

It was in the middle of a crisis who knows how he was mentally adjusting to quarantine what's happened to friends/family etc. No one was hurt by his actions and given that there's(supposed to be) no one on the roads I don't see how the normal severity of a DUI exists here.
What kind of bullshit is this. Just because no one was on the road it is ok for Jon to get drunk, drive his car drunk and proceed to use his hand gun? Jeez you Jon Jones fans will will defend him til the end of time. I could see him shoot someone to death and you'd defend him for that too.

At the very, verrrrrry least, he should lose his driver's license for good. But i'd be shocked if even that happens.
For fuck sake, he drank half a bottle of tequila and then drove somewhere to randomly start shooting a gun.
He is going to kill someone.
He is very lucky this was during the pandemic because that means less people on the streets and the roads. Still what he did is just insanity. Getting drunk then driving and to top it off like you said randomly shooting a gun.

https://www.koat.com/article/mma-fighter-jon-bones-jones-arrested-for-dwi/31942301

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. —

Mixed Martial Arts fighter Jon “Bones” Jones was arrested on charges of driving under the influence, negligent use of a firearm and possession of an open container early Thursday morning.

According to a criminal complaint, officers responded to the area of 3rd Street and Central Avenue just after 1 a.m. in reference to gunshots fired. When they arrived they found Jones inside his vehicle with the engine on. Jones told police he did not know anything about the shots fired.

Officers noticed signs of intoxication and police say Jones admitted to officers that he had been driving earlier and intended to drive now.

Police say Jones consented to a sobriety test and performed poorly on it. Police add that when he was given a Breathalyzer he tested at least twice above the legal limit.

After Jones was arrested police found a black handgun under the driver’s seat and a half-empty bottle of Recuerdo 750ml behind the passenger seat.

Jones was charged with aggravated DWI, negligent use of a firearm and possession of an open container.

Fucking Jones apologists make me sick. The guy is a piece of shit, when will you get it?
for duis he’s irresponsible but I wouldn’t put him on the level of a rapist murderer child molestor or theif, not a piece of shit

The haters are going to use this to discredit him again.

It was in the middle of a crisis who knows how he was mentally adjusting to quarantine what's happened to friends/family etc. No one was hurt by his actions and given that there's(supposed to be) no one on the roads I don't see how the normal severity of a DUI exists here.
I don’t even believe he was drunk. The only reason he struggled with the counting and alphabet is because his daughter is dyslexic.

Back