Media Jon Jones CONFIRMS Retirement After Stipe Fight "Im Gonna Beat The Old Man And Ride Off Into Sunset"

This idea that jones won’t fight people he “doesn’t have an advantage over” is comical. He literally cleared out generations of the LHW division and still there’s a sect of “fans” that are upset. He moved up to HW and walked through Gane (who at the time Sherdog was literally split on who would win pre fight). A decade and a half of dominance aren’t enough for all of you.

Although your right he doesn’t fight those he doesn’t have an advantage over… his advantage is he’s the greatest MMA fighter of all time.
And he's allowed take peds

Yeah but this viewpoint is totally disregarding that the UFC is mostly responsible for it. Dana wants money and he sees Stipe and Jon as a bigger fight than Tom. You want evidence of that? Well Dana just put Tom in a co-main behind Belal Muhammad.
It influenced that decision because Jones can actually carry a card on his own. I am guessing they will wait until Jones retires to really market Tom and that it kills their new hype machine if they let Jones go at it as well as being a risky fight in both regards. I'm sure Dana is a hell of a lot smarter than I.

These fans are the worst man. Makes it not even fun engaging with fans on here anymore. I dont know if it's recency bias or just the way they feel they have to show their fandom. I hated Chael back in the day cuz Silva was/is my number 1, but i never did mental gymnastics in order to reconcile with how he did against Anderson.
I'm used to it. It's always been this way. They were always bashing Fedor at his prime. I just don't engage with guys like that because I know they either aren't on my level of intellect or another bored troll.

It influenced that decision because Jones can actually carry a card on his own. I am guessing they will wait until Jones retires to really market Tom and that it kills their new hype machine if they let Jones go at it as well as being a risky fight in both regards. I'm sure Dana is a hell of a lot smarter than I.
It's true that Jon can carry a card on his own. It's also true though that the UFC has all the PPV numbers and data that come with Stipe Miocic as well. Is it really a question of who's more proven as a draw between Stipe and Tom? UFC has data none of us have access too to make proper analysis. We just have to look at their actions and come up with our own theories.

It's wild to me how they don't have Aspinall headlining in what should be a finish within 2 rounds in his fight with Blaydes over a 5 round point fest between Leon and Belal. Maybe Leon is just this huge draw and I'm making the wrong conclusions.

Always though, UFC is going to make the final decisions. None of these fights ever happen without them signing off on them and approving them and making them with mostly what they want to do. We can put some blame on Jones and Stipe but my ire is always directed towards the UFC when it comes to these types of things.

I do believe Jon and Tom will happen if they both win their upcoming fights. It's possible Jon retires but I think he has pressure on him to destroy Tom and he might even see it might affect his legacy in the eyes of fans if he doesn't. I could be way off. The narrative of being scared is always hilarious to me. Anyone who has ever competed in anything always understands there's a possibility of losing. It doesn't stop you from competing. Jon has had LOTS of fights with some #1 contenders and scary fighters.

It's true that Jon can carry a card on his own. It's also true though that the UFC has all the PPV numbers and data that come with Stipe Miocic as well. Is it really a question of who's more proven as a draw between Stipe and Tom? UFC has data none of us have access too to make proper analysis. We just have to look at their actions and come up with our own theories.

It's wild to me how they don't have Aspinall headlining in what should be a finish within 2 rounds in his fight with Blaydes over a 5 round point fest between Leon and Belal. Maybe Leon is just this huge draw and I'm making the wrong conclusions.

Always though, UFC is going to make the final decisions. None of these fights ever happen without them signing off on them and approving them and making them with mostly what they want to do. We can put some blame on Jones and Stipe but my ire is always directed towards the UFC when it comes to these types of things.

I do believe Jon and Tom will happen if they both win their upcoming fights. It's possible Jon retires but I think he has pressure on him to destroy Tom and he might even see it might affect his legacy in the eyes of fans if he doesn't. I could be way off. The narrative of being scared is always hilarious to me. Anyone who has ever competed in anything always understands there's a possibility of losing. It doesn't stop you from competing.
1. I'm on the same page but maybe he actually sucks as a draw or they are pre occupied.
2. Leon is a draw. Everyone loves a rocky underdog story and he's an exciting fighter who scrambles back to his feet. Life experience and random fans taught me this sells.
3. I have doubt on Jones fighting Tom but its a win win imo for Jones. He went out on his shield against a young lion at the top and always fought the best or he (likely does win) and hurts Tom's stock.

Yeah there is data we don't have. They have some talent to work with again.

Jones fans will be spiraling attempting mental gymnastics around this one.
Way too funny that as has been pointed out before, he's insecure enough to flame random no ones in Twitter DMs.
Also, "Right off into the sunset"
<DisgustingHHH>

In Leaked Private Messages, says he's making 15 mill in the Stipe fight then walking off.
Looks like he's gonna dodge Tom/Curtis.
Thoughts?

Who the fuck is Tom Aspinal, and why should he deserve to fight Jones?
Jones has nothing to gain fighting him at all.

In Leaked Private Messages, says he's making 15 mill in the Stipe fight then walking off.
Looks like he's gonna dodge Tom/Curtis.
Thoughts?

Imagine being so self aware, and at the same time so not self aware, that you call your opponent an old man.

i think jones has done enough in his career that he can choose his last fight (lol if stipe wins). but boy he sure does not know how to manage his image.

Good for him. Bad for the division, not especially good for the sport, but good for him. Get your bag and get out.

This goes without saying, and should not be held against Jones. He has been retired for years.

Dana is willing to pay Jones anything to get the HW belt and defend it so he can then strut about and mock GSP for nit defending his MW belt. Jones is there for the dollar and that is ok.

This is all about GSP and Dana being petty.

Sucks for Aspinall that he has to be stuck in interim limbo while Dana is being Dana. But it is what it is.

I never rated Stipe THAT highly (not the HW GOAT).
I never rated Gane highly compared to Jones.

Jones with all the martial arts knowledge in the world, cherrypicks guys. While a master boxer like Tyson Fury and Usyk don't cherrypick.

If you wonder why boxers get paid 50 million for 1 fight, they fight the best. Jones isn't.

Go on Jon - retire. And take your cherrypicking attitude with you! Maybe the other champions will start fighting after Jon is gone.

Dana White is the Don King of MmA

Last edited:
Back