Media Jon Jones CONFIRMS Retirement After Stipe Fight "Im Gonna Beat The Old Man And Ride Off Into Sunset"

Good for him.......and good for the rest of us too.

This idea that jones won’t fight people he “doesn’t have an advantage over” is comical. He literally cleared out generations of the LHW division and still there’s a sect of “fans” that are upset. He moved up to HW and walked through Gane (who at the time Sherdog was literally split on who would win pre fight). A decade and a half of dominance aren’t enough for all of you.

Although your right he doesn’t fight those he doesn’t have an advantage over… his advantage is he’s the greatest MMA fighter of all time.
This is what annoys me. Jones already cleared his legacy. The fact that he dominated Gane was the cherry on top. I hate that he's the champ and fighting Stipe with little hopes of fighting Aspinal but the dude is old himself and should have retired after getting the belt.

Everyone knew Jon was a fraud, especially at HW. Dude arguably lost 3 or 4 of his last fights at LHW, and then takes 3+ years off to move up to HW only when Ngannou leaves. Fights the weakest fighter with no ground game, who got D1 wrassled by Ngannou. Now only wants to fight retired fighters. Dude is a fuckin chump.

It's true that Jon can carry a card on his own. It's also true though that the UFC has all the PPV numbers and data that come with Stipe Miocic as well. Is it really a question of who's more proven as a draw between Stipe and Tom? UFC has data none of us have access too to make proper analysis. We just have to look at their actions and come up with our own theories.

It's wild to me how they don't have Aspinall headlining in what should be a finish within 2 rounds in his fight with Blaydes over a 5 round point fest between Leon and Belal. Maybe Leon is just this huge draw and I'm making the wrong conclusions.

Always though, UFC is going to make the final decisions. None of these fights ever happen without them signing off on them and approving them and making them with mostly what they want to do. We can put some blame on Jones and Stipe but my ire is always directed towards the UFC when it comes to these types of things.

I do believe Jon and Tom will happen if they both win their upcoming fights. It's possible Jon retires but I think he has pressure on him to destroy Tom and he might even see it might affect his legacy in the eyes of fans if he doesn't. I could be way off. The narrative of being scared is always hilarious to me. Anyone who has ever competed in anything always understands there's a possibility of losing. It doesn't stop you from competing. Jon has had LOTS of fights with some #1 contenders and scary fighters.

If we go by social metrics alone, Jones is a payday for everyone with +8M followers. Tom and Blaydes together (Under 1M followers) don't have half the following Leon and Belal have (Almost 2M followers together). Tom needs 3x the amount of followers to reach Stipe status that sits around 1.5M followers. In this day and age, this might very well be how fights are placed in the cards as they are, probably even booked.

At the end of the day, if Jones wants the Stipe fight and Stipe wants the retirement money which is more than deserved, just let him have it.

It is understandable from a merit perspective on why Tom should fight Jones and why purists are annoyed but Jones vs Stipe is the most logical choice busine$$ sense. After this is done they can build up Tom and have the marketing machine work him. There's also the scenario of Jones defeating Tom and retire, then what? Tom would be the guy that served as the goodbye fight for Jones and will forever carry the "Oh but Jones defeated him" aura around him, how do you sell a guy like this then?

Last edited:
You guys are so hilarious.

Why would Jones fight into his 40's and end up like Chuck and everyone else?

He isn't quitting like Khabib did after 2-3 good opponents. Calm your tits.

He doesn't need to fight longer but since he is fighting again and he is the champ he should do what's expected of a champ and unify the titles, as there is an interim champion. In this scenario he should just relinquish the title and fight his little retirement fight.

Less fight mileage, but Jon Jones is actually younger than Alex Pereira is right now.

36 is young for Heavyweight.

I like how you specified "right now" as of he is going to catch him in age at some point

13 fights where his opponent is older means nothing because Jon won the title when he was young.

This idea that jones won’t fight people he “doesn’t have an advantage over” is comical. He literally cleared out generations of the LHW division and still there’s a sect of “fans” that are upset. He moved up to HW and walked through Gane (who at the time Sherdog was literally split on who would win pre fight). A decade and a half of dominance aren’t enough for all of you.

Although your right he doesn’t fight those he doesn’t have an advantage over… his advantage is he’s the greatest MMA fighter of all time.
Loooool he didn't clear out sh**! You talk as if he went through a row of murderers at LHW. The division was so thin, after his 3rd title defense he had to fight Vitor and Chael who both were MW's and way past their primes. Not even counting that in those 3 defenses he fought Machida and Rashad who both moved to MW because they were too small. The LHW division was ridiculous back then it's not even funny. The fact that he actually "lost" and actually fought bums like Marreta, Reyes for the title is just a joke...

Ha, look at that claim of "in your 16 UFC title fights, 13 of your opponents were older than you." I wonder if that has something to do with Jones being the youngest UFC champion in its 30+ year history? Shame on him for winning the belt at age 23, I guess.

Pfft, he cherry picked Rua when he was a last minute replacement. He knew fighting a 29 year old fighter was lambs to the slaughter.

It always seemed pretty transparent why Jones wanted the Stipe fight. He can talk about Stipe being an all-time great heavyweight and a guy with a ton of name recognition (true) but the reality is that Stipe has essentially been retired for years. Now, if he comes in looking as he did in his prime, chances are he is a tough fight for Jones regardless. But what are the odds of that?

The truth is we have nothing to base Stipe still being a beast on because we have no recent fights, no tape, nothing. Jones is savvy and knows this. Stipe fight presents the right ingredients for a final bout. jones views him as a vulnerable opponent with great name value. Obviously that’s more appealing to Jones as a sendoff than a lesser-known, dangerous opponent on the upsurge.

I’m not even saying it’s a bad thing. I think a lot of fans already view Aspinall as the full-on champ, which he or Blaydes will be once Jones/Stipe happens.

So have Jones keep his belt till he faces Stipe. If he wins, it’s more of a good close to a career than a notable title defense

What the FUCK does "on his way to losing" mean?

He beat him TWICE. The LHW and HW champion DC.

6b213e0abc52abeb52d3013ac53590ccad9352f0.gifv

Why did you ignore all the rest of the post?

Jones, if he lost every controversial fight he ever won, would still be the LHW GOAT and in the GOAT conversation for the dominance he displayed from the time he won the LHW title through his first several defenses.

The fuck are you talking about? So Jones has special rules where he's not allowed to cut weight, only other fighters are?

Which eye should Jones have to put an eye patch over since he has 20/10 vision?

get a grip dude you sound retarded
Damn, IDK about Jon using an eye patch. But his opponents for sure where blind from one eye after fighting him. Tbh, i think would be fair to Jon use it.

So what interest would the ufc have in giving him this cherry? if he walks away after? I hope they wake up and force him to either fight Tom or vacate.

Back