Jon Jones has the reach of a 7 foot man..

I'm 6 feet tall and I got fucking Artem arms. I got like the Stipe build, long torso, short legs, shorter arms. The only plus is that in the guard I can create distance well, and when I sink in a choke it's airtight.

Put something over the face and gut, no one wants to see that shit.

Show us your armmsssss,,, boy
No gut.... Just fluffier than I would like. I'm built like a fatter, nattier Bork Laser. Torso is like two feet wide. I weigh about 250 these days. Also don't mind the hotel room, or shoop me doing anything too bad.
open

His boxing is not even that good though, he mostly controls distance with his kicks and on the inside he has powerful knees and elbows on top of great wrestling, which prevents people from being relentlessly applying pressure

....wtf are you talking about. Reach is a huge part of striking, especially at heavier weights where footwork is slower compared to reaction time. Give Jones the reach of Artem and see how quickly he gets wrecked.

This might be the most retarded fucking thing I've seen on this site.
yeah because measuring your arms out in a wingpsan pose tells a lot about a fighters actual reach and whether they are someone who leans back when they punch or are counter punchers who may use a short shot more effectively than a fully outstretched punch. I'm not saying reach doesn't matter, i'm saying the way they measure it is dumb and if you don't believe so then you are the retard.

Yeah, this was the major point Jones haters clung to when he first became champion. Before Jon made it WAAAAY easier to hate him later on.

It is crazy though. He's got the same wingspan as Stefan Struve.

Whats even more crazy is the number of times Struve has been knocked out by much shorter opponents and the fact there are no other successful relatively tall lanky fighters in the ufc

Now he’s picking on middleweights again. That is the definition of a bully.

Last edited:
Whats even more crazy is the number of times Struve has been knocked out by much shorter opponents and the fact there are no other successful relatively tall lanky fighters in the ufc
Silva was a tall lanky middleweight.

In boxing they stopped measuring full wingspan to determine reach, because shoulder width adds an inaccurate representation.

Not really

10251917.jpg

When you punch you suppose to turn your hips, it’s not rock em sock em

No gut.... Just fluffier than I would like. I'm built like a fatter, nattier Bork Laser. Torso is like two feet wide. I weigh about 250 these days. Also don't mind the hotel room, or shoop me doing anything too bad.
open

That’s that shit. Nice span bruh...was hoping to see a fingertip to knee tbh

Ngannou is at 83"

Jones should go HW, but he scared
Ngannou cuts to weight to make 265
Jones was 204lbs his last fight.

I Know your butthurt but thats not fear for a pro fighter, there are weight classes and thats called basic intelligence

Yup. It's one thing to have the reach, it's another to use it.

The true anomaly is his wrestling. I don't think there's even been such a dominant MMA wrestler with Jones' skinny frame.

All relative....always nice to have such an advantage in a fight. But with a pressure game plan and the willingness to take some shots while getting inside; the reach advantage goes away. Need a fighter able to use that tactic, which is not easy. The Mauler exhibited that slightly in the 1st fight. Gots to bully the bully. If Bones goes to HW, a healthy Cain will wreck him

The problem with Jones is that he’s also a beast in the clinch. In fact, that’s his real bread and butter so hastily rushing him allows him to dictate the terms of engagement. Shogun and Bonnar both tried the bum rush approach and got tossed. Cormier found some success with the pressure game plan but was always a step behind in the clinch because he always had to be the initiator. Imagine a boxing match in which the same guy must always throw the first punch.

Yup. It's one thing to have the reach, it's another to use it.

The true anomaly is his wrestling. I don't think there's even been such a dominant MMA wrestler with Jones' skinny frame.

He’s got a confounding combination of skill sets. He’s no doubt great at using his reach but it’s not like he’s Lennox Lewis in there. The reason why he’s so effective is that there are dire consequences for opponents who close distance too hastily. For all the spinning shit and fancy kicks, the clinch and hand fighting game is his real world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back