News Jon Jones In Trouble for Supposedly Threatening to Kill Drug Tester (Updated with Video of 'Incident'.)

"The Albuquerque Police Department responded to a call, after a person working for a drug testing agency was trying to obtain a drug test from UFC fighter Jon Jones. The UFC has a drug testing program called Drug Free Sport International and it is in charge of the collection process. For several years the UFC partnered with USADA however last year the UFC cut ties with them and started contracting with Drug Free Sport International instead.

Sources who are not authorized to speak to the media said the drug tester noticed Jones appeared extremely intoxicated and threatened to kill the tester. Jones at one point even snagged the drug testers cell phone. The incident happened at the end of the March however the tester went to a location nearby Jones home today to report the incident. A court record search did not produce any criminal summons or charges related to this incident as of today.

The tester met with officers at another location in far northeast Albuquerque. APD is currently investigating the alleged criminal act.

Jones is no stranger to the long arm of the law. He has faced a few criminal cases in New Mexico, New York where he is from and also Nevada where the UFC star most often fights.

Jones is a long time UFC champion who currently fights in the heavyweight division and is the current champion. He was expected to defend his heavyweight title later this year. Jones was supposed to fight Stipe Miocic last year but got injured during training.

We will be following this story as it develops."

https://abqraw.com/post/ufc-star-jon-jones-threatens-to-kill-drug-tester-apd-responds/
[in best George St.Pierre Quebec accent]

Drug tester : "Mr Jones....are you intoxicated?"

Honestly fuck this website on mobile. Typed up a nice reply to @Davidjacksonjones ..it bugged out and scrolled automatically and made me click a link and lose it. Happens all the time. Im an idiot for continuing to use it but no more.

Really fuck it. Not using on mobile again, just rarely on pc. Bye
Download the brave browser on mobile. Its night and day difference.

Their new anti-doping policy is a joke anyway.

Only USADA was reliable.

If it's like USADA the UFC pays the drug test company to oversee things. The UFC is more or less the boss I believe. I could be completely wrong though, I'm sure someone will chime in that's more knowledgeable about the stuff.
On paper, the UFC would hire them by signing a contract that would include the rules the agency goes by, so they would have say in suspending a fighter just like USADA did.

But as @Flower2dPeople already mentioned, who says even the agency has to follow its own rules, since USADA babied the hell out of Jones already

Back