Jon Jones Nigerian tweet - real VERIFIED!!!

Why do people care about this Dna/ancestry stuff, I mean you are black obviously, who cares what countries your great great great grandparents came from

good thinking jon, give law enforcement easy access to your dna...

i mean it's not as if jon has a history committing crimes, and i'm sure he'll stay law-abiding.

what could posssibly go wrong?
Law enforcement doesn't need your DNA to have your DNA. If anyone from even your extended family has given DNA, they have your DNA.

Law enforcement doesn't need your DNA to have your DNA. If anyone from even your extended family has given DNA, they have your DNA.

tenor.gif

Why do people care about this Dna/ancestry stuff, I mean you are black obviously, who cares what countries your great great great grandparents came from
You're contributing to a database that slowly builds knowledge of human migrations. It can track all kinds of interesting shit.

For instance, based on my genetic simularity to other people that have donated DNA, they were able to track entire populations of migrations throughout the USA through different time periods and link my DNA to them. Looking at bits and pieces of what I know of my family history, it totally fits: specific German migrations from one southern state to another, etc. It's pretty cool.

It's gotta be especially cool for African Americans because their history and heritage was stolen from them. They don't have any family records of where they're from. The more African Americans contribute their DNA, the more they can piece together histories of migrations from parts of Africa to American states and so forth. By contributing his DNA, Jon did his part to help build a base of knowledge that will help other African Americans learn about their heritage too. If more keep contributing, maybe one day they'll be able to trace it even to specific villages and Jon will get to know even what tribe he's from, and learn about their traditions, maybe find out that his great great great great grandfather was the P4P #1 fighter of Kenya, and that's gotta be super cool

Those tests throw out varied results everytime you do them. He could quote equally do another and find out he’s 60% ginger Irish.

Those tests throw out varied results everytime you do them. He could quote equally do another and find out he’s 60% Irish ginger.
It‘s a shame they can’t put a figure on how much a percentage of a twat he is.

Cause it's interesting, duh.

The catch is that genetics are very complicated,while people are prone to try to some simple conclusions from them.

Reactions: Goh
Pretty rare to see an African American with that much Nigerian ancestry.

Nigeria has only been a country for about 70 years and "Nigerian genetics" is super vague. There's loads of different genetic groupings just in North Africa and they don't neatly match national borders. So I'd say this mostly just qualifies Jon as of North African decent but not really 'Nigerian' in any meaningful sense.

Last edited:
probably as fake as jones
these tests don't take months, you get the results in a couple of weeks

Nigeria has only been a country for about 70 years and "Nigerian genetics" is super vague. There's loads of different genetic groupings just in North Africa and they don't neatly match national borders. So I'd say this mostly just qualifies Jon as of North African decent but not really 'Nigerian' in any meaningful sense.

Nigeria is not in north africa <36>
it is west africa, natives in north africa (berbers) are not even black

a question please, are you american? because there's this reputation of americans being quite (how to say politely..) not very good at geography

The most interesting part in this whole thread was this:

"It feels amazing to finally know where all this awesomeness originates"

Back