• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jon Jones on the metabolite in his system: This could live in my system for 7 years.

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Jones, 31, has maintained his innocence in the matter, and says he won't let it distract him from his first appearance in 18 months.

"I think my trying to prove any type of innocence is going to be virtually impossible before the fight, because of the controversial image I have," Jones told ESPN. "People are kind of set in what they're going to believe. I can't win over many minds before the fight."

Jones has previously failed (and served suspensions for) two drug tests, which has cast a shadow over one of the greatest resumes in the sport's history. In both cases however -- 2016 and 2017 -- USADA ultimately ruled Jones' positive tests were not the result of intentional doping.

USADA and CSAC ruled this latest result was likely caused by a long-lasting metabolite of the same substance Jones tested positive for last year and has provided no performance-enhancing benefit.

The state of Nevada, where this weekend's fight was supposed to be held, couldn't clear Jones in time for UFC 232, so the UFC moved the event California.

Jones acknowledged this week has "been a nightmare" following the announcement of that atypical test, but said he feels personally comfortable with the result.

"Even the scientists that found it, don't know much about it," said Jones, on the metabolite in his system. "I'm hearing reports this s--- could live in my system for seven years. I've learned to say, 'You know what Jon? You know in your heart you did nothing wrong.' If I took another polygraph test and answered the question, 'Have you ever knowingly put this in your system?' I could confidently say, 'No, I never knowingly put this in my system.' And it would be a true statement.

"I just have to surrender to people's opinions. I gotta surrender to the ignorance our sport is surrounded by. I gotta surrender to the fact most people will never pick up a book and do homework for themselves. I gotta surrender to it all and say, 'Listen Jon, you've had a controversial career. You're fun for people to pick at. You're fun for people to talk about. If you are part of anything that's not positive, it's going to be huge news.'

"I have to be 100 percent confident in knowing I didn't do anything wrong."

One thing Jones said he has felt genuinely bad about, however, is the need to relocate the event. Jones was in Las Vegas on Wednesday, and said he spent the day apologizing to other fighters on the UFC 232 card who were affected.

He also announced on Instagram a last-minute autograph signing at his hotel for any fans who traveled to Las Vegas to see the fight. Afterward, he posted a thanks to those who attended.

"I had to really speed up my healing on this, but I understand there are fans out there who aren't healed and lost some serious money," Jones said. "I've almost had to bury my emotions and deal with them after the fight, but I will try to make it better for the fans after the fight."

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/...ssible?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Jon seems like a really credible, intelligent guy. With a really good set of morals and values. I think i'll believe him.

I'm sure that pregnant woman had it coming anyways.

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE
<{hughesimpress}>

He’s serving notice to expect failed drug tests for the next seven years.

He has pretty much been given a free pass for the rest of his career.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhhahhahaha hahahahahahaha

People don't base their opinions on you on this one failed test, Jon but rather on the fact that it's happened before, more than once.

free microdosing for 7 years, yeeyyyyy

Last edited:
Nice, so the UFC and USADA need to prepare themselves for 7 years of mental gymnastics and lame excuses as to why they're bending over backwards to let this cheater compete.

This guy is fucking unbelievable.

This is great for Jon. He can dose with this particular steroid on a permanent basis, and when it pops up on a drug test just shrug his shoulders and say 'Not my fault'. USADA, the UFC and the CSAC have all legitimised him doing so.

Money talks.

Already lining up the excuse for the next dozen fails.

And the UFC will certainly back him up and enable him, as we have seen here.

Career cheat / fraud.

Nice, so the UFC and USADA need to prepare themselves for 7 years of mental gymnastics and lame excuses as to why they're bending over backwards to let this cheater compete.
There is something disgustingly beautiful about your av. Idk what it is but...
<{dayum}>

I love to see the guy fight but this bullshit is getting ridiculous!

Back