Jon Jones or Fedor: Who has the better 10 names on their resume?

That version of Chael was definitely a good win for Jones, that was Chael that nearly beat Anderson Silva twice, and hell even after the Jones lost Chael made Shogun tap the very next fight. Chael was on a roll at the time he fought Jones, thats why Jones camp didn't take Chael fight on short notice, and had to cancel and entire UFC event.

Jones beat up bloated up middleweights LOL

That version of Chael was definitely a good win for Jones, that was Chael that nearly beat Anderson Silva twice, and hell even after the Jones lost Chael made Shogun tap the very next fight. Chael was on a roll at the time he fought Jones, thats why Jones camp didn't take the Chael fight on short notice, and had to cancel and entire UFC event.

Well, Chael certainly almost beat Anderson once. I don't recall the time in the second fight were he was close to beating Anderson.

And Chael beating Shogun was a surprising and good win for him - but since Jones pretty much toyed with Shogun, it hardly makes it an argument in this particular case.

Jones beat up bloated up middleweights LOL

What middleweights are we talking about? Do you mean those middleweights that fought at Heavyweight and LHW before ever fighting at Middleweight? And one of those Middleweights is currently fighting at Heavyweight? Your excuses and save you. Just deal with being a butthurt Conor fan knowing your hero is the most overrated fighter to grace the earth.

It sucks to be a Conor fan don't it?

but since Jones pretty much toyed with Shogun, it hardly makes it an argument in this particular case.
Well Jones has pretty much toyed with most of his opponents lol, so it doesn't make Shogun look any worse either.

Nobody in the world knows Jon Jones.

You know who Jones is obviously, cuz you are mad at him LOL.

And just stop it, I can't even take you serious anymore, at this point you are just raging in your butt hurt feelings because being a fan of the most overrated fighter to ever grace the earth sucks.

fedors CC and Nog wins are better then anything jones has aside from maybe the dc wins.

Conors resume >>> Jones.
Jones is ducking HW.

LHW&HW were always overrated.

giphy.gif
I think a lot of us here rank Nate over Conor.

Fedor easily.

No steroids.

No bitch ass eye pokes.

No bitch ass knee kicks.

Tougher competition.

Jones isnt even worthy to tie Fedors shoes. Jones fought alot of people smaller than him and still cheated to win. Fedor fought anyone anywhere.

I think a lot of us here rank Nate over Conor.

Conor fought a WW and jones is ducking HW.
He made more money than any Fighter.
He almost destroyed Floyd Mayweather
First multi-division champion.
First Irish UFC champion.
He destroyed Aldo in less than 20 seconds ... no one destroyed a legend in less than 20 seconds ... he became a living legend.

Conor McGregor is the best fighter of all time.

I will side on Jones with this one. I am no fan of Jon and it pains me to even give him credit....

My GSP or Anderson Silva resume thread went well so I figured I’d try this one out. Let’s keep this clean gentlemen.

Fedor
  1. Big Nog x2 UD,UD (1 NC in three fights)
  2. Cro Cop UD
  3. Tim Sylvia SUB
  4. Andrei Arvloski KO
  5. Mark Coleman x2 SUB,SUB
  6. Mark Hunt SUB
  7. Kevin Randleman SUB
  8. Heath Herring TKO
  9. Frank Mir KO
  10. Renata Babalu Sobral UD

Jon Jones
  1. Daniel Cormier x2 UD,KO(NC)
  2. Alexander Gustafsson UD
  3. Shogun Rua TKO
  4. Rashad Evans UD
  5. Rampage Jackson SUB
  6. Lyoto Machida SUB
  7. Glover Teixera UD
  8. Ryan Bader SUB
  9. TRT 205 Belfort SUB
  10. Chael Sonnen TKO

Some interesting side notes

-Zero common opponents until Fedor vs Sonnen happens this year

-Both have a 10 year period where neither suffered a legitimate loss (Jon’s streak still active)

-Both won their first major title during their 3rd year as a professional.

I thought it would be easier to pick 10 names for Fedor but realized their are so many squash matches littering his W/L record. It became a bit difficult picking names after the top 5. I think Jon Jones has the better top names and overall resume due to him fighting the best available #1 contenders consistently (aside from sonnen). Plus DC is more skilled than anyone Fedor has beaten.

Who do you think has the more impressive resume?
How many of those Fedor fights have you actually watched, TS? Tell the truth.

Jones. But Jones also popped twice, pissed on the sport, and ruined his legacy. So Jones could have twenty better names on his resume and it wouldn't matter.

Jones is lucky he cheated before Rumble got to him.

The one thing that stands out to me, immediately, is that Fedor was facing Nog, and Nog was probably THE #1 fighter at the time (disregarding weightclasses). And Fedor destroyed him (as much as you can destroy anyone without actually finishing ...).

Jones never faced someone as good as Nog. He was, I believe, a small favorite vs Shogun.

How is Jon supposed to have faced the #1 fighter on the planet when it was himself?

fedors CC and Nog wins are better then anything jones has aside from maybe the dc wins.
Jones dismantling 3 former champions in one year triumphs anything Fedor has ever done.

Also Jones don't fight cans, Fedor was a can crusher.

Back