Media Jon Jones predicts Israel and Alex Pereira 2

Jon Jones did OK by saying this.
maxresdefault.jpg

Oh yes remember when Izzy was pushing for fight with Jon yeah that would've been something

maxresdefault.jpg

Oh yes remember when Izzy was pushing for fight with Jon yeah that would've been something
Pepperidge Farm remembers he went up the LHW as quote on quote fuck you to Jon Jones. With the hopes of winning the belt. I think Izzy also said he would fight Stipe around this time

I feel Jones is speaking what he believes is the truth. I also believe Jones destroys every version of Adesanya. He is way too powerful for a guy that size. I’m no fan of Jones either however I have come to accept his acumen when it comes to fighting.

maxresdefault.jpg

Something embarassing, yea. I dislike Jon but if you're getting grapplefucked by Jan, you aren't ready to change the vowel in the name, Izzy would have lost all credibility against Jon.

Realistically, how does Izzy win?
He's in there with a guy who can eat his shots and at anytime can give him the kill shot. He can match him on the feet.
So he either implies the first fight strategy, trying to outpoint him and utilize speed and timing,
Utilizes a grappling heavy approach, which Alex is probably expecting and trained for,
Or he mixes them together, but in doing so implies a style that isn't his strongest at all and therefore is allowing himself room for increased error, lending to another Alex ko

He's certainly capable of winning, he was winning until he wasn't in the first fight.
But even then, that after the bell shot likely fucked things up for Alex early, and the few grappling mistakes in the scrambles in the 3rd(?) Round lost him that one completely. Then iirc Alex won 2, and obviously 5 if it hadnt been stopped, So it was pretty close.

Tldr, Izzy has to be absolutely perfect or he's getting slept again. This is his stylistic kryptonite.

On Coke again or he finds him the only guy to put his monsterchin out.

Realistically, how does Izzy win?

Its doable ... izzy badly rocked him at the end of the first and was winning on points heading intp the 5th.

If he had 10-15 more seconds in that first round ... maybe even just 5 more seconds ... Izzy wins by TKO or KO.

Difference between this and the 5th is that Alex had more time in his round where he hurt Izzy.

Its a winnable fight for both based on actually judging their fights and it just happens to have gone with the same winner 3 times.

Same as u can flip a coin 3 times and land on heads 3 times.

Its doable ... izzy badly rocked him at the end of the first and was winning on points heading intp the 5th.

If he had 10-15 more seconds in that first round ... maybe even just 5 more seconds ... Izzy wins by TKO or KO.

Difference between this and the 5th is that Alex had more time in his round where he hurt Izzy.

Its a winnable fight for both based on actually judging their fights and it just happens to have gone with the same winner 3 times.

Izzy also hit him after the bell lol

I feel Jones is speaking what he believes is the truth. I also believe Jones destroys every version of Adesanya. He is way too powerful for a guy that size. I’m no fan of Jones either however I have come to accept his acumen when it comes to fighting.

Yeah I totally agree. Particularly if Izzy weighed at 200 pounds at a potential LHW match up, I think you're in a bit of trouble if you give Jones 20 pounds start and are not primarily a grappler (even if you were you're fucked)

Poatan set out in the fifth round looking for a stop and got it (pretty easily). That’s way different than catching someone with their hands down at the end of a round.

Poatan set out in the fifth round looking for a stop and got it (pretty easily). That’s way different than catching someone with their hands down at the end of a round.

Sounds like u are overly protective of a fighter who won but did look beatable.

By all means bet ur house and life savings in the rematch.

Good luck to u.

Jones vs Izzy would be awesome … who cares who wins … one of them gets shut up

Back