Jon Jones(present) vs 2005 Fedor, who would you favor in a cage+unified rules?

I have Fedor's poster on my wall

all due respect to him. He's a truly inspirational fighter / athlete.

If Jones weren't around, he'd be the undisputed GOAT in my mind.

However my love may be, I do not have the rose colored glasses or try my best not to..

Fedor was truly great and will embodied In history for all eternity.

I think Jones would win though. I love Fedor but In analysis I have to be real.

Fedor is my favourite fighter but I don't ever see him beating Jon Jones.

Here are Jon Jones attributes.

1. Strong chin. (Never been rocked before).
2. He has the highest fighting IQ in the history of MMA.
3. Has a reach of a 7 foot person and is able to successfully utilize it.
4. Most well rounded MMA fighter. Top level striking and top level wrestling.
5. Insane cardio and never gets tired.

Lastly, Jon Jones is the best at controlling the distance and the pace in the cage. He'll tear you up while avoiding points and damages. He's like the Mayweather of MMA which is why he'll retire undefeated.

Stand, Fedor doesnt give Jon any time to do his trademark knee kicks. Fedor just rushes him with pinpoint devastating looping hooks. Jon has a chin that can take it, but he gets fucked up.

He tries to initiate a clinch and either get sambo throwed, or succeeds and is almost immediately armbarred. Fedor wont fuck up like Vitor did, he will just rip the long ass arm right off.

Jons only avenue to winning IMHO is stoppage via cut from elbows.

Jon would be bewildered by Fedors combination of speed, accuracy, power, and fight IQ

iFNwQWx.gif

Fedor would respect Jones but not at all be cowed by the hype. He'd get inside the oblique kicks no problem and overwhelm Jones on the feet. Jones wouldn't be able to backpeddle over and over to control the range because Fedor would capitalise.

Pretty much this here. Jones can take shots very well from guys like Machida and Gus at 205, but were talking about a Hw who puts guys down who are 280+ fight night. There is some serious power in those punches, Jones wouldn't be able to handle it.

so torn about this fight

-jones got tagged by a one dimensional striker dc
-fedor is alot smaller
-jones has the best heart in mma all time
-fedor and jones grappling would cancel each other other likely
-what if fedor has jones in gnp?
-could jones tko fedor on gnp?

Does reading comprehension completely fail you? I guess that's a rhetorical question.
Lol I'm the one lacking comprehension? If DC had to cut to 205 for their fights, which he did, then when did Jon fight heavyweight DC?

Hint: Jon Jones has never fought a hw.

Lol I'm the one lacking comprehension? If DC had to cut to 205 for their fights, which he did, then when did Jon fight heavyweight DC?

Hint: Jon Jones has never fought a hw.

Jon Jones stated he's a beast at HW and can beat anyone in HW and plans to move up when the time is right. You think he was bullshitting or was he for real?

You either are a troll or are ignorant to what you see. I'm not sure which. Jon Jones, the youngest champion in UFC history has never impressed you? Jon Jones, the guy that beat 5 former champions, consecutively, never impressed you? He's the only man in history that made Shogun tap to strikes. He standing choked Lyoto into a living death. He submitted TRTor who is a legitimate blackbelt in BJJ. He destroyed Rampages legs and then rear naked choked him. He head kick KO'ed Daniel fucking Cormier. He destroyed Gus the second time around so bad Gus practically couldn't even hit him. His defensive wrestling is second to none, we've never even seen his guard during his career because nobody can top control him. His clinch game is one of the best I've ever seen and to make matters worse his control of range is obscene.

But he's never impressed you in any way? Just another run of the mill journeyman right?
Yes jones was never that good tbh. Pride would probably cut him after the 3 losses in a row.

Jon Jones stated he's a beast at HW and can beat anyone in HW and plans to move up when the time is right. You think he was bullshitting or was he for real?
Oh I would love to find out. Been a Jones fan for a long time, and he's done everything at lhw.

Oh I would love to find out. Been a Jones fan for a long time, and he's done everything at lhw.

If DC is able to humiliate and knock out Stipe in the first round and successfully defend his title against Derick Lewis by dominating and submitting him. By the way, Derick Lewis is a beast who beat Francis Ngannou, Alexander Volkov and Marcin Tybura. All HW elites than I honestly don't see Jon Jones having any problems at HW.

Jones but if you asked a Fedor that was born 10-12 years later and got to train ,evolve and have all the different coaches and nutrionists that fighters have now coming up ------- now , that would be interesting. In fact, id say Fedor.

Come on now... In a lot of ways, Fedor is the white version of DC. DC just has better wrestling, while Fedor may have more power. On the feet, Jones will do to Fedor exactly what he did to DC. And Fedor won't be able to stop Jones from taking him down and smashing hallows through his skull.

I wish there was some way to make these fantasy fights happen in real life

Fedor would get inside Jon's range, and he would hit him. That much is certain. He ALWAYS gets inside, even on Semmy Schilt several times LOL. What happens from there is anyone's guess.

I don't think he can stop Jon's takedown, not in a cage. Maybe in a ring where Jon would have to shoot rather than be able to work a TD off the cage.

Fedor is somewhat weak off his back apart from the armbar, and Vitor almost beat Jon via armbar.

So it could go either way. In a ring Fedor by TKO (or hail mary armbar) or Jon via GnP TKO or doctor stoppage. In the cage, I see a repeat of what Cain Velasquez did to Bigfoot Silva.

Fedor is a bad cage fighter, and arguably the greatest ever ring fighter. The ring MASSIVELY favors Fedor through his career as it allows him to corner his opponents and makes it harder for opponents to get a takedown. He's a bit like Golovkin IMO, corners them then you know some HEAVY shots are gonna come flying. Due to the more circular shape of the cage it's harder to put opponents in a position it's hard to escape from.

Last edited:
Fedor would take chicken legs down and pound him out.

Did you see the roided out monsters fedor beat in his prime?
Jones would get fucked up by just not having the overall strength to deal with fedor.

Also people saying jones was never in trouble of getting submitted he almost tapped to trt washed up vitor. Claiming jones is unbeatable because he beat up washed up former champ after former champ are razzle dazzled by the anderson forrest griffen effect.

UFC got you boys drinking that coolaid that they have the best fighters. The fact that the strikforce champs did so well when they came over shows us all of that was just bullshit.

Back then fedor didn't wilt to pressure, he would fucking smash a guy like jones. I dont even think jones beats big Nog

Back