Media Jon Jones responds to Aspinall

Who was? That was the same guy making all the Gane predictions threads, and everyone else pretty much unanimously said if Gane can get taken down at will and LnP'd by Ngannou, Jones shouldn’t have any trouble holding him down or subbing him.
People were using the Reyes fight as an evidence that Jones wouldn't be able to take down Gane.

Also Yeah, that poster was annoying as hell

People were using the Reyes fight as an evidence that Jones wouldn't be able to take down Gane.

Also Yeah, that poster was annoying as hell
I think people underestimated just how bad Gane's grappling is.

Struggled when they forced him to stop juicing / close his hands. Dudes a fraud.

I don't know, the longer it takes the more risk for Jonny because I think Stipe's inactivity and advanced age will become the defining aspect of the fight, especially if he puts him away quickly. Anyone just looking at Stipe's record will assume he got knocked out by Frank and then came out of retirement years later to fight Jon. But if Stipe somehow pulls it off it will look very bad for Jones.
Nah. If Stipe beats him people will say "yeah but Jones just had a major injury, pre- pec-tear Jon would've SMOKED him". I've seen too many belittlings of Stipe's accomplishments—often before the page could turn on the PBP thread!—to believe otherwise.

Jon is a great LIGHT heavyweight.
He's had an amazing career and is probably the best ever but facts are facts.
Only Tom has beaten a heavyweight legend and has beaten more heavyweights plain and simple.

I guess the ufc are rock hard for jones and stipe so tom should just ensure his contract is paying championship money and keep knocking them off. Just take on and destroy gane and that's that.

I agree with Jon, but I think he should give up the belt and fight Stipe for a special legends fight or something, maybe they can make them a 'GOAT Belt', he's obviously not going to keep fighting after that, and he is right he has nothing to prove, so let the kid have the belt and make that Stipe fight regardless

Fight or get stripped. Don't care who you are. No fighters should get favoritism. Aspinal is right here. Fight the IC or retire

I don't like Jon Jones, but he's right. The dude destroys everyone he fights. He's only had 2 really close matches.

"I'm Jon Jones.... smthn smthn..."

That's all I heard

Aspinall is right. If Jones wants a low-risk opponent for his final fight, based on what he's done over the course of his career, that's fine. But do it on the side. Don't hold up the division.

Jones had his chance to make it for the title but he got injured and well, them's the breaks. He should be stripped and then fight Stipe whenever he likes.

ideally since he is injured Jones SHOULD vacate the title. it would be the right thing to do in terms of moving the division along.
Stipe vs Tom is a good fight. fuck all the casuals that think Stipe is done for; the last time he was in the octagon he lost to Ngannou who is the lineal HW champ now. we havent seen him in some time so theres no telling how he looks til he gets in the octagon. i dont know if Stipe beats Tom but its a fight id like to see.

in reality, Jones will probably keep the title and we wont get a HW championship fight until late next year which is pretty disappointing. If i remember right, the nature of Jones' injury requires 8-9 months of recovery.
UFC might even have Tom defend his interim title. as far as HW resumes Tom's is far superior simply because he's been a HW longer than Jones has. Jones' overall resume is superior, but im not sure how much longer he is gonna compete at HW after (or IF at this point) he fights Stipe. ultimately Jones is an egotistic dude so i dont expect him to vacate at all.

so look forward to more division stalling, hooray!

Am I missing something here? Who has tom aspinall beaten? What cards has he headlined? Didn't he buckle himself when fighting Curtis Blaydes!?

Are we really going to give the HW belt to someone who beat sergei fucking pavlovich? Who nobody has even heard of 6 months ago.

Make this guy fight Cyril and then lets see.

Jones should shut his mouth. He couldn’t even beat a handicapped man while being juiced to the gills…

Says the guy planning on ducking Aspinall as soon as he fights Stipe

Jones haters are hilarious. Stay salty

I have to agree. Jones was spot on in his post. All this "paper champ" silliness when Francis Ngannou left the UFC after choosing to defend his title against Gane and then going out with a surgery and exit from the organization is hilarious. There was ONE TIME Jones and Frank coulda fought and Frank fought Gane.

Jones should shut his mouth. He couldn’t even beat a handicapped man while being juiced to the gills…

What evidence do we have that Jones was ever "juiced to the gills?"

Back