Jon Jones reveals how stupid Sherdog has become (long read)

Jones-Ngannou may be "a fight that his haters and fans alike have craved for" but it wasn't a fight that the UFC initiated trying to set up.

Really? I remember that differently, but I could be misremembering.
Wasn't Dana shitting on Jones in the last couple of months for not moving up to HW? That's what I was referring to.

Jones only brings the hardcore views to hope to see him lose.

If you were to poll the general population of the world 95% wont know who Ngannou is.

The fight doesn't make tons of money or sense.

Maybe. I doubt anyone thought Chael vs Anderson was going to blow up Silva's career. The fight game is pretty much unpredictable. You never know what's going to catch peoples attention or who's going to be famous or what fights going to blow up.

Sherdog hates the true GOATs, Jones and Anderson. Is normal.

Anderson was one of the most beloved fighters ever

People turned on him when he started acting like he was on dancing with the stars instead of fighting

Also the way he handled his failed drug test didn't sit well with a lot of people

the ufc, as a "promotion" sucks. it's really up to the fighters to push themselves as dana and company really dorp the ball with promoting their own fighters as "the best".

JJ is on the downward side of his career.

Honestly this might be the perfect way for JJ to hang them up. Make it about money, standing up to the UFC and all while challenging the scariest fighter in the sport.

Doubt this is part of a master plan, but if it is, hats off to him. Kinda a cool way to leave the sport with no real loses.

If you don't get it, explaining is pointless.

He is a cheater.people want a goat to be legit.although not many fall into that category. Ultimate fighting cheaters.

you're a fan of the axe murderer, i didn't think you would have such a problem with peds
If all were allowed to use, like in pride days that would be fine.

In UFC they enforce these rules and Jones is the only one allowed to use them.

That's some major BS.

Jones' value is also tied to who he's fighting, and unfortunately for him, 205 has very, very limited options with regards to interesting Jon Jones fights.

Jones fighting Jan Blachowitz isn't going to get people talking, whereas fighting Ngannou will, unfortunately not to the tune of tens of millions like Jon is hoping though.

Much like when Hendricks beat GSP, Jones knows that Reyes got the better of him and wants nothing to do with that rematch. He'd rather go out on top. The Francis thing was just a smoke screen to make it look like he tried to push for some huge fight that was never going to get made due to his unrealistic demands. All talk just like every other time regarding him moving up to HW.

He just wants to keep his 0. Maybe he'll come back in a while when there's some historically weak champ like GSP did and he needs the money.

The hate for jones comes from all the drama loving bitches who let jones star as their ultimate villian in their bitch drama. Thats why they want to see an unbeaten (1dq) all time great exit the fight game without facing more competition. Most legit sport fans wouldnt want to see tom brady or steph curry exit the game just because they hurt peoples feelings

The hate for jones comes from all the drama loving bitches who let jones star as their ultimate villian in their bitch drama. Thats why they want to see an unbeaten (1dq) all time great exit the fight game without facing more competition. Most legit sport fans wouldnt want to see tom brady or steph curry exit the game just because they hurt peoples feelings

Spot on

Really? I remember that differently, but I could be misremembering.
Wasn't Dana shitting on Jones in the last couple of months for not moving up to HW? That's what I was referring to.

I don't remember Dana doing that (though of course that doesn't guarantee he didn't). Before the Reyes fight he was saying "I don’t know about him going to heavyweight, I think he’s comfortable at light heavyweight, and every time that you think there’s not another challenger for Jon Jones, there’s another challenger for Jon Jones"— which doesn't sound like a slam to me, more like a calm acceptance and even defense of him staying at LHW.

I know at one point Dana claimed he had been looking into making a Jones-Miocic fight, back in that sliver of time between Jones making DC cry and the USADA results coming back. But I can't recall another time where he was actively pushing for a move up. Even that would have come on the heels of Jones publicly calling out Lesnar for a fight, so the idea of Jones' next fight being at heavyweight seems not to have been Dana's idea.

because he's undefeated and has the most title defenses

that's coming from a gsp fan

Jones is a proven steroid cheat. His win/loss record and 'accomplishments' are absolutely nothing
Do you think that Lance Armstrong is the GOAT of his sport as well?

Back