Jon would've won the fight even without grappling

Literally nothing happened in the stand up, I think they exchanged 1 lowkick both lol. If anything Gane looked better because of his footwork, but like Jon said it's not a kickboxing fight.

He would have one the fight even if he didn't have the extra fat he put on for this weight class.

You can't really say so after trading so few strikes, and it's not possible really to strike with Jones without grappling being a background consideration at least. You might be right but last night on its own didn't prove it

Jones striking looked faster imo.

Gane was seconds away from knocking Jones out cold, Jones got lucky

He was pushing Gane back and owning the center of the octagon in every second of the fight. It was brief but frankly Gane looked outclassed in the stand up department as well.

I think Jon would've won even ifhis wrestling somehow failed him.
He might have but why does it matter? We have no way of knowing.

This is for all the haters that, because they never have any arguments, say that jones is a stationary fighter who never does anything and just keeps his distance with knee caps and waits for others to come to him....

lol

Jones can do whatever he pleases, to anyone he pleases. He just chooses to engage or not depending on the gameplan.

Best gameplan executioner in the history of fighting. Period.

Gane is the quintessential mental midget. Jones was pushing him back and apart from one nutshot the only contribution he made was entering the ring

Of course because Gane wasn't mentally there. He was frozen as hell. During face off he was chill but when he stepped in Octagon his pants were full.
Another awful performance during high stake fight - on par with Jan against Glover.

And he had all the tools to beat 3 year lay off Jones...

There was barely any stand up, we can't say shit about it

Of course because Gane wasn't mentally there. He was frozen as hell. During face off he was chill but when he stepped in Octagon his pants were full.
Another awful performance during high stake fight - on par with Jan against Glover.

And he had all the tools to beat 3 year lay off Jones...
I don't think he froze, for me it looks like he's not the type of athlete with that fury to win, he's simply too calm

No way. <{cruzshake}>

It was the takedown threat that pushed Gane back. Praise Jon all you want, he's by far the better MMA fighter, be he's not a better striker than Gane

It's certainly a better take than saying "Jones was losing before the fight hit the ground".

Back