Jones Cherry picky fight.. 41 years old Miocic, coming from being Koed and hasn´t fight since 2021. Embarracing.

Not a Jones fan at all but in his position, the right move is to retire after Stipe fight. He can retire & claim he's undefeated (DQ loss wasn't a real loss). He will have a unblemished record (I do think he lost to Reyes but that doesn't matter now). Why would he risk all that against a young hungry lion who poses a real threat in Tom? It would only make sense if UFC offered a insane amount, & I don't think Tom is a big enough name for the UFC to make a offer Jones can't refuse

If you care about PEDs, then no matter who Jones faces, its not gonna change your opinion, so he's not really gaining anything but risking a lot to face Tom. I think Jones is a dirtbag outside of MMA, but just make peace with the fact that life isn't fair. I know lots of people wanna see him lose because he's a dirtbag but life isn't fair

The UFC is just enabling this bag fumble by giving Jones softballs at HW like No ground game 1-1 Gane and now old Stipe coming off a KO loss as it seems they don't believe he can beat the top contenders like Tom or Blaydes

Shame that the UFC seems to be protecting Jones from the top contenders at HW like Tom & Blaydes

They need to have more faith that Jones could beat Tom or Blaydes, they shouldn't be protecting him, Jones is capable of beating those top contenders but it is strange the UFC doesn't think so

Jones is certainly the LHW GOAT but his run at HW is just a farce

you forgot to add hes 2-1 in his last 3 fights
fighting the best of the best championship fights
he has wins over nganou and dc
you could argue that nganou just landed a lucky punch
dude molested nganou
he basicaly nullified dc's wrestling (one of the best wrestlers)

people trying to look down on stipe
because they know jon is that good
they hate the fact that if jon wins hes gonna add a great name on his stacked resume

cherry picking fighters who had great accomplishments is not bad
like trying to fight pereira and stipe
its more idiotic to fight fighters who accomplished nothing

Last edited:
c71.jpg

At least he's not getting KO'd by Uriah Hall or Ryan Bader
Well, Anderson and Fedor were like 45 when they lost those fights. Pretty sure Jones would get KO'ed if he fought a dangerous fighter at 45 years old

I don't think there is much cherry picking going on here for an easier fight. This narrative that Stipe is this old man and Jon has some big advantage here is something I don't agree with. I think Jon just wants the name value of Stipe and his legacy and the pay day.

Stipe has 24 fights, Jon has 29, Stipe started in 2010 and Jon in 2008, so in terms of career and wear, they are very similar. Stipe actually has less fights, and less fight time. Jon is 5 years younger than Stipe, but more fights and fight time. And Jon hit his peak faster, he was doing all title fights from 2011 to 2016 while Stipe was moving up the ranks getting quick and dominant wins.

Both guys have been pretty inactive with 2 fights since 2020. Stipe got KO'd vs Francis, so did everyone else but prior to that had two wins over Cormier where both guys looked older. But Jon on the other didn't look so great vs Reyes and Santos. He did have a great finish vs Gane, but that fight lasted less than 2 mins, we don't know what kind of shape Jon is in.

I will say Jon being 5 years younger at this stage and having fought lately gives him an advantage, but I don't think it's that much. I think Jon and Stipe are both in pretty much the similar shape in terms of their prime and condition, both are passed it IMO. I don't think Jon many advantages here in that aspect.

I think what Jones is doing is perfectly fine. Criticisms aside he has had a strong career and I think he should be able to pick his last fight.

But the UFC allowing him to bogart the HW title while doing it is what is embarrassing. If Jones is not fighting legit contenders, he is not the legit champion.

Back