Media Jones doesn’t believe Khabib deserves P4P #1

He has three TKOs, three submissions, 7 decisions and one No Contest. It seems you count a TKO in a fight, he didn't even show up clean for, which is a legitimate opinion, but one I don't share. I think the fight he juiced for counts against him, where you seem to believe it counts for him.

Jones has only one finish in his last nine fights. And in four of them (Reyes, Santos, Smith and Gus I), he didn't look particularly impressive. Khabib dominated all of his fights, except the Tibau-fight.

...and oh yeah; Khabib never poked anybody in the eyes.
There was nothing TECHNICAL about that KNOCKOUT, so not sure why you're calling it a TKO. And DC, who I happen to admire, has said as much. He's man enough to admit he got beat by the better man that night and it was a clean KO.

<WhatItIs>

Opponent danger value alone, Jones takes this.
"oh but he robbed the decision".
The same people who shout that he lost decisions, are the same people saying Khabib didn't make weight.
You can't have your cake and eat it.

Jonathan Dwight Jones is a higher tier fighter than Khabib.
Khabib is the best ever in his division.

Admit it. You were sure Gaethje would knock Khabib out and now you're sitting in your basement crying.
Projecting as its finest lol. Khabib had a great career but he did not do enough to be in GOAT conversations and you just have to live with it.

Admit it. You were sure Gaethje would knock Khabib out and now you're sitting in your basement crying.
I literally made a thread saying Khabib would maul Justin, I wanted him to win but didn’t think he would. Everything I said in this thread was factual, those guys have more title wins then he has top 15 wins. Recency bias is very strong. You don’t actually think he’s the GOAT do you?

Jones is technically unbeaten as well.
Well, I don't see anyone saying that Tyson didn't lose to Holyfield in the second fight. Or I didn't see anyone saying Andrew Golota didn't lose to Riddick Bowe.

DQ counts as losing as well. As Daniel Cormier said, Khabib didn't make that mistake in his career. He could, especially in the Conor fight, but he didn't.

There was nothing TECHNICAL about that KNOCKOUT, so not sure why you're calling it a TKO. And DC, who I happen to admire, has said as much. He's man enough to admit he got beat by the better man that night and it was a clean KO.

<WhatItIs>

It was a No Contest. I misremembered the original finish. You are right it would have been a KO, if Jones had shown up clean. My point is that it doesn't count, if the result is overturned because you cheated. You count it towards his KOs, I don't.

How can anyone take JJs accomplishments without an asterisk? He was pulsing for a long time, that’s pretty evident of long term abuse. His supplement excuse didn’t provide evidence. He said he was “spiked”? Lol even had that bs been true it wouldn’t make him pulse and keep failing tests for over a year.

But he also argues that he was vindicated so whatever, anyway Khabibs resume doesn’t have that on it so + 1 Khabib

Well, I don't see anyone saying that Tyson didn't lose to Holyfield in the second fight. Or I didn't see anyone saying Andrew Golota didn't lose to Riddick Bowe.

DQ counts as losing as well. As Daniel Cormier said, Khabib didn't make that mistake in his career. He could, especially in the Conor fight, but he didn't.

I think that one should've been a TKO due to shoulder injury. And it was a compete domination. But Jones still used illegal moves, even though those downward elbows have mixed opinions.

My view on DQ's is they often don't reflect competitive edge. You get the win via your opponent messing up with rules. You didn't get the win yourself. It's often a mistake. And adding to the more accurate shoulder injury ruling Hamill had no chance of winning in those few minutes, so it's maybe more accurate to say Jones is "unbeaten" instead of "undefeated".

It was a No Contest. I misremembered the original finish. You are right it would have been a KO, if Jones had shown up clean. My point is that it doesn't count, if the result is overturned because you cheated. You count it towards his KOs, I don't.
Fair enough.

Lol at Jon "Manchild" Jones

The dude arguably loose his last two fights in decisions that made GSP/Hendricks looks good and can't finish since he's clean, and he still bitch about being the GOAT?

nobody has to believe it, in fact Kabeb simply cannot be the #1 GOAT of all time with his resumee, the only point one could make is his unbeaten record which doesnt qualify you as GOAT, its simple as that, in boxing Rocky Marciano had an undefeated record of 49-0 and the highest ko-rate but he still only makes maximum place 3 and in average place 5 on most boxing experts lists.

guys like JBJ, GSP, Silva and MM fought way more title fights, had a much diverse challenger portfolio and mostly beat those guys at their own game. Kabeb is a master grappler in a division of only strikers and this is why his ground gae shines and he seems unbeatable, but put a small real estate agent out of the top10 with some grappling experience in front of him and he has to go 5 rounds boxing... lol...

Not gonna lie....Jones is right. And he came off pretty sensible and respectful of Khabib in his Twitter novel.

You cannot compare 4 title defenses to 15. Maybe you can call Khabib the lightweight GOAT, but not the MMA GOAT or UFC GOAT. He didn't do enough.

Last edited:
I literally made a thread saying Khabib would maul Justin, I wanted him to win but didn’t think he would. Everything I said in this thread was factual, those guys have more title wins then he has top 15 wins. Recency bias is very strong. You don’t actually think he’s the GOAT do you?
It really doesn't matter to me and Greatest Of All Time can't really be determined as long as time exists.

I'm glad to see it from Jones. This will further motivate him to finally make the move to HW and secure the strap there. He'll go down as the GOAT of GOATs if he does it

Back