Jones doesn't have the power or wrestling to stop Miocic

I mean, Stipe can actually wrestle, unlike Gane.

I think Jon has better striking overall than Stipe but a lot of that comes from Jon's teep kicks, oblique kicks, elbows, etc. He's not known for having power in his hands.

Stipe is a wrestle-boxer and in a pure boxing match or bareknuckle fight I would favor him over Jones.
He wasn't known for having power in his hands. But he's added a lot of size to a previously skinny frame. Gane himself said that he felt power from Jon's hands:

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2023/07/ufc-news-ciryl-gane-opens-up-mistake-jon-jones-loss

If it happened 5+ years ago it would definitely be a very interesting fight, Stipe's wrestling is pretty good I'd agree, not good enough to outwrestle Jones but perhaps good enough to stop Jones outwrestling him. Striking wise I think Stipe's never been THAT refined but he does have very solid fundamentals and 8 inchs more reach than Cormier plus significant power which could force Jones to take significant punishment, Jones isnt that hard to hit if you can actually get into range.

Did not look very good in his last two fights though and age 41 coming off a 2 1/2 year layoff following a massive KO lose leaves a lot of questions, I would not be supprised if Jones Blitzes him fast or just picks away from range with ease.

Last edited:
The usuals are setting up the "if Stipe loses, it's because he's washed and sucks now."

Jon by brutal finish.

I don't think this will be a close fight AT ALL. Jones might be cautious for a moment but he will brutalise Stipe, I think it's going to be another first round finish.

Jones dominates every facet of this fight. Stipe going to look bad, total control by Jones. Too bad, as I'm rooting for Stipe.

People said the same thing about Gane <45>

Ganes problem is that his wrestling was/is horrid. He got taken down by Francis who fought was torn mcl/acl no less.

Miocics standup is crisp. He has solid cardio and good fight IQ. His mma wrestling is high level. He has eaten shots from some heavy hitters. Jones doesnt hit hard enough, nor will he be able to take him down at will. He will have to out point him and no, it probably wont be an easy fight.

The usuals are setting up the "if Stipe loses, it's because he's washed and sucks now."

Jon by brutal finish.

which we know is a totally outlandish claim because stipe is in his athletic prime at 40 and has kept very active in the past few years with 0 fights

I don’t even think Stipe wanted to ever fight again.

Jones somehow finds a way to win, I won't count him out. As much as I want to. The gane fight showed me that.

Jones may not have the Ko power in his hands but he definitely has it in his feet and knees

Jones somehow finds a way to win, I won't count him out. As much as I want to. The gane fight showed me that.
Count him out? He's like a -400 favorite. Stipe turns 41 in a few weeks and hasn't won a fight in like 3 years.

He might be able to outpoint him but this will be a tougher fight than you'd expect. All depends if Miocic is shot or not.

I think Miocic might have better hands than Jones too. We will see...
Stipe got outwrestled and got KTFO by Francis.

He might be able to outpoint him but this will be a tougher fight than you'd expect. All depends if Miocic is shot or not.

I think Miocic might have better hands than Jones too. We will see...

Jones is going to wreck him in round 1.

Jones should be -10000

LOL I want Stipe to win just as much as the next guy but he has a snowballs' chance in hell.

Back