News Jones: "It's Okay. Derek can have the fight"

Jonny Bones would probably rather Lewis goes in and softens Francis up before he takes a shot at him, after his performance last night.

He's basically doing the smartest thing, pricing himself out of the fight until he can figure out his next move, or, the landscape changes so that he can capitalise on some kind of advantage.

Izzy don't want Jones, and I don't blame him.

Jones don't want Ngannou and I don't blame him either.

At least izzy was quick to live up to LHW and test himself

Jones has been bulking up and training for his move to HW for more than a year posting videos and taunting other HW non stop on twitter and is still not ready. Really lame

Tbh, I think all that's happened so far is that Jones and Dana got themselves into a little pissing match. Dana prodded him and he said fine I'll take my toys and go home.

I'm not reading into much further than that at this point.

Jones is smart here. Any fighter moving up to do a superfight should always ask for more money. You're taking more risk.

He knows THIS IS THE FIGHT.
This is the fight to make in all of MMA at the moment. It would be one of the biggest fights in MMA history.

Not even a Jones fan but a Jones Francis fight Is a legit superfight and way waaaay bigger fight than Francis vs. Black Beast 2.
Homie. Jon is not taking this fight, lol. Jon saw a path to victory through stipe. But now that ngannou one, the excuses are already starting. “Show me the money”, n “derek can have the fight, I’ve already had a hall of fame career.” Id love to see this fight, but it’s never going to happen. Jon did the same exact shit with the Reyes rematch before he vacated the belt and “was going to heavyweight.”

Now show the context. Namely that it was in response to someone saying they will use BB as a reason to lowball him.

I'll be upset if we never get this fight, not gonna lie

H6029Pp1.jpg

I get the feeling he is just fucking with everyone.
This is far too blatantly obvious not to be a joke.

Feels incredibly odd for Jones to be mentioning money now after sitting out for a full year to bulk up. Why would he do that if he wasn't committed to HW/the money wasn't already ironed out? Pretty fishy IMO sounds more like he hopes Lewis KOs Ngannou so he can get an easier fight

GSP wasn’t afraid to move up and face the champ at a higher weight class. Even with all Jon jones performance enhancing drugs, he’s too frightened to do that. Smdh...

Just lol. He cherry picked the easiest fight for him. Tyron Woodley or any top 5 middleweight would have been more impressive. Lets not forget bisping had been holding the belt hostage for a year at that point without fighting anyone in the top 10

Jon Jones really don't know how to get news fans...you're supposed to negociate the money behind the closet, not tweeting it after a call out.

Bones and Dana are both going to jockey hard through their Tweets. Jones needs the $$$ and he’s going to get it. He’s the greatest of all time and is taking a huge risk with this move to HW. Dana, in his effort to avoid paying a fortune to Jones will choose to disrespect him. I’ve never been a fan of Jones’ antics and outside the cage behaviour but the man should get paid for this one.

I mean if they can't give one of the GOATS a decent payday then what are we really even watching

Feels incredibly odd for Jones to be mentioning money now after sitting out for a full year to bulk up. Why would he do that if he wasn't committed to HW/the money wasn't already ironed out? Pretty fishy IMO sounds more like he hopes Lewis KOs Ngannou so he can get an easier fight
Yes I posted this exact thing pretty much in another thread. HE decided to vacate months ago and move to heavyweight. It ain’t like he’s the lhw champ and Dana is asking for a superfight. If he wants to compete at HW Dana is offering him the title shot isn’t that what he wanted? Why not negotiate a new contract before he moved up if he wasn’t happy with his current contract? Doesn’t make sense.

If they can pay that "can" McGregor the money they did then they surely can pay Jones and Ngannou the same or more for their fight.

Lol at basement dwellers acting like Jon is afraid of Ngannou, he has been complaining about his pay for a long time. He is completely right here, his resume is probably the best in MMA, this is a huge super fight and he should be paid the big bucks for it. When Mayweather was asking for big pay to fight Mcgregor was he scared of him also ?

Jon is lucky he still has a job and isn't sitting in a cell somewhere. He got a few lucky breaks when it came to some judges both in the cage and in the courts lol he has an amazing resume and if he wasn't a shithead constantly getting into trouble he probably would be making much more money AND have some major sponsors. The fact that he doesn't is no one's fault but his own.

Last month he was saying all that matters is the hw title and after again seeing Francis send someone into orbit he now needs his "bread" fuck outta here. He is a duck and the cause of all his own issues. Cry me a fucking river. Francis takes his head clean off and the junkie knows it.

Back