Jones seem off physically?

Professional MMA bouts under their belts at the time they faced Jones:
Thiago Santos: 28
Anthony Smith: 46
OSP: 27
Glover: 25
Shogun: 24 (special circumstances though, considering how he trained and sparred back in the day)
Rampage: 41
Machida: 20
Vitor: 31

Not exactly the wild difference you're making it out to be. Shogun was a wreck by the time he faced Jones, I'll grant you that.

None of those were his last couple of fights - which is the time frame during which you claimed he'd started facing more KO artists. So, even if we accept them as KO artists, their inclusion undermines your original point. So, it's your yapping that's baffling.
I'll give you Vitor - who he fought 7 years ago - but as far as the others go, it's a serious stretch to call someone who doesn't at least have a KO rate of 70% a 'KO artist'.

Not all mma fights are the same and competing at the highest levels for 15 fights is much tougher than having 30 on regional circuit.

Lol at not saying Rampage is a KO artist.

Like I said, Jones haters.

Earlier in his career he looked faster and more athletic. I think he's gotten bigger and stronger as he's gotten older but sacrificed some of that quickness and agility, similar to gsp

it was his third fight in around 6 months, fighting 5 rounders that often it's taxing

Not all mma fights are the same and competing at the highest levels for 15 fights is much tougher than having 30 on regional circuit.

And competing in the modern era means competing in a deeper pool against stiffer average competition.
This is a subjective point, and you'd have to make your argument on a case-by-case basis, comparing careers side-by-side. Which, I note, I've made a far more sincere attempt at than you have.

Lol at not saying Rampage is a KO artist.

Lol at thinking a 50% KO rate (comprised of several which were not clean KOs, nor standing KOs) makes a KO artist.
That's a pretty low bar you've set there.
Cormier's not too far off that ratio - is he a KO artist?

Like I said, Jones haters.

Considering your inability to make a point or mount any sort of argument, I'm pretty inclined to believe that you're a fanboy.

How is it 'hate' to point out that he's in decline? Seems a hater would be trying to argue that he's in his prime and that shoddy performances are the best he can manage.

His opponents aren’t improving and yet they are getting closer and closer to beating him.
You know.. I will get flamed for this.

But I think Smith and Thiago Santos are better than a lot of previous opponents.

I would only rank Gus (1rst fight) and DC above them. Maybe Machida too.

The versions of Shogun, Evans, Sonnen (lol), Rampage, Bader, etc. are not better than Smith and Santos.

I think the biggest take away from this fight is that Jones abandoned his wrestling in his last 2 fights and his striking is not nearly as good when he does not mix things up.
Bigger and longer guys like Reyes, Rakic and Walker are going to be a real problem if he does not start fightinng smart again.
Damn even a Thiago Santos with 2 knees is a problem.

He’s in cruise mode. I don’t think he has the same hunger as he did when his championship reign began. I feel like he wanted to prove a point when he’d have these nasty finishes but now he’s just making sure his reign lasts. Kinda disappointing really.
If being in cruise mode means going to a SD being a 5/1 favorite I think Jones is not doing a good job at that.

The easiest path to victory was easy. Take Thiago down and finish him there. Damn... Mousasi took him down easily. Why wouldn't Jones do the same?

It was either a brainfart or Jones not having confidence in his strenght/takedowns anymore.

I don’t know why everyone expects jones to just murder people
Look

He looked dogshit against Gus 1
Average against Glover
Boring against OSP
Stepped up a bit for DC 1
Lost the first couple rounds of DC 2
Awful against Smith
Boring against the ghost of Gus
Bad against Santos

Yet somehow won every single fight
Lets get the order right:

1. He looked dogshit against Gus 1 - yah, because he did not think Gus was that good, went light on the picos and got fucking smashed
2. Average against Glover - He actually looked fucking phenomenal against Glover, he was scared from Gus and up his picos
3. USADA is introduced
4. Stepped up a bit for DC 1 - https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/V...Levels-Before-UFC-182-Highly-Suspicious-80631
5. Boring against OSP - see 4. He tried fighting without the picos, or brought down his dose and that is what happened
6. UFC 200 - First official PED bust, and it was against DC, an opponent he can not compete clean versus
<mma1>
7. Lost the first couple rounds of DC 2 - Busted for turinabol. 2nd PED bust & 3rd USADA bust, any other fighter would be released from the roster forever.
8. Boring against the ghost of Gus - he destroyed Gus this time, but he knew Gus was dangerous and started juicing again, was not even tested by USADA for like half a year. It was the first event ever that was moved owing to a fighter flunking their steroid test and the commission not giving him license.
9. Awful against Smith - won convincingly, was still 'pulsing' (likely new age microdosing), but yes, he looked like a shell of the previous Jones. By this point, his body has acclimated and needs high levels of steroids, if it does not get atleast a maintenance dose, he will grow bitch tits with milk. Jon's testosterone levels have plummeted by now and he has no finishing abilities or killer instincts.
10. Bad against Santos - This is what clean Jones looks like, or as close to it as we will see - this is Stephan Bonnar or Gusmao Jones, the one before he got on the Greg Jackson supplements. He is either going to have to find cutting edge ways of beating the test, get destroyed, keep ducking legit comp or risk getting busted for an unprecedented fourth time. By now it's obvious: homie needs roids and PED's to compete with the best and he knows it better than all of us. Without the roids and rocket fuel, this is Jones:

8XuM78w.jpg

We must also ask ourselves, based off of the moving the Gus fight and letting Jon off for t-bol: "do we trust UFC and USADA to even do the right thing and report his cheating to the public still?".

Last edited:

1. He looked dogshit against Gus 1 - yah, because he did not think Gus was that good, went light on the picos and got fucking smashed
2. Average against Glover - He actually looked fucking phenomenal against Glover, he was scared from Gus and up his picos
3. USADA is introduced
4. Stepped up a bit for DC 1 - https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/V...Levels-Before-UFC-182-Highly-Suspicious-80631
5. Boring against OSP - see 4. He tried fighting without the picos, or brought down his dose and that iOS what happened
6. UFC 200 - First official PED bust, and it was against DC, an opponent he can not compete clean versus
<mma1>
7. Lost the first couple rounds of DC 2 - Busted for turinabol. 3rd USADA bust, any other fighter would be released from the roster forever.
8. Boring against the ghost of Gus - he destroyed Gus this time, but he knew Gus was dangerous and started juicing again, was not even tested by USADA for like half a year. It was the first event ever that was moved owing to a fighter flunking their steroid test and the commission not giving him license.
9. Awful against Smith - won convincingly, was still 'pulsing' (likely new age microdosing), but yes, he looked like a shell of the previous Jones. By this point, his body has acclimated and needs high levels of steroids, if it does not get atleast a maintenance dose, he will grow bitch tits with milk. Jon's testosterone levels have plummeted by now and he has no finishing abilities or killer instincts.
10. Bad against Santos - This is what clean Jones looks like. He is either going to have to find cutting edge ways of beating the test, get destroyed, keep ducking legit comp or risk getting busted for an unprecedented fourth time. By now it's obvious: homie needs roids and PED's to compete with the best and he knows it better than all of us. Without the roids and rocket fuel, this is Jones:

8XuM78w.jpg

We must also ask ourselves, based off of the moving the Gus fight and letting Jon off for t-bol: "do we trust UFC and USADA to even do the right thing and report his cheating to the public?".

No

he seemed off spiritually
doesn't thank jesus for his fights anymore

without god, a man is nothing
PRAISE ALLAH
khabib-haj.jpg

Combat sports like boxing and MMA are funny because guys compete so few times in a career, and having a few bad nights/weird luck can have an outsized effect on how we perceive them.

In my favourite sport, sumo, the wrestlers fight 90 matches a year, and everyone faces off against everyone else, and even the greats might lose 10-20 matches a year but no one sweats it.

Winning and losing is the only objective standard, and Jones always wins.

I mean he obliterated Gus, not sure what you are talking about.

Each pulse is successively weaker than the previous. The pulses are further apart now and not giving him the same super powers as before.

He’s gonna decision everyone and try and fight safe for his 20sumn title defenses he wants.

Kinda like GsP did when he went from a kickboxer to a dominant wrestler. Except Jones is a wrestler who gonna bore us with kickboxing. His ability to hit you one strike at a time instead on combos, really makes striking more boring than it needs to be.

3. USADA is introduced
5. Boring against OSP - see 4. He tried fighting without the picos, or brought down his dose and that iOS what happened
<mma1>
7. Lost the first couple rounds of DC 2 - Busted for turinabol. 3rd USADA bust, any other fighter would be released from the roster forever.
10. Bad against Santos - This is what clean Jones looks like. He is either going to have to find cutting edge ways of beating the test, get destroyed, keep ducking legit comp or risk getting busted for an unprecedented fourth time. By now it's obvious: homie needs roids and PED's to compete with the best and he knows it better than all of us. Without the roids and rocket fuel, this is Jones:

8XuM78w.jpg

We must also ask ourselves, based off of the moving the Gus fight and letting Jon off for t-bol: "do we trust UFC and USADA to even do the right thing and report his cheating to the public?".

You do understand hes not cheating right?

Each pulse is successively weaker than the previous. The pulses are further apart now and not giving him the same super powers as before.
Pulsing is only what USADA can detect, no way to determine if hes been taking it recently, which he probably has. Hes Probably on that Turinabol all the time and maybe hes off because its fucking up his liver. Or maybe his strength gains just arent what they used to to be. Most steroid users who are are on all the time sub in and out other drugs to keep gaining. Jones cant take var or winny instead of T bol, because he doesnt have an exemption for those drugs.

1 KO in last 7 fights (excluding the DC NC for pulsing).

Santos shouldn't be on his level. Jones should be very disappointed with that performance. His opponents aren’t improving and yet they are getting closer and closer to beating him.

He didn't get NC for pulsing ... that was a fresh injection of roids.

He is pulsing since then.

Back