Jones vs. Gane is similar to GSP vs. Bisping

Solid work dumbass.

<36>

"Fishing for likes" would be the most exercise you've gotten in years.
Wow. I touched a nerve.
Quick! Go on the main page and hit refresh. You need to post something witty early in a thread and get some likes.

It’s ridiculous how everyone is overlooking Gane’s wrestling/grappling, because they can’t accept that Ngannou is actually a great wrestler now. It was obvious in Stipe rematch that Ngannou is a high level wrestler now and he’s strong af. Gane isn’t a bad grappler, he had some nasty submission wins in UFC, his clinch game is one of best in UFC and he has solid TDD. TBH I think Gane runs through Jones and I consider Jones an all time best fighter. I don’t think his skills transfer well to HW though and Gane is an exceptional fighter. Much like Max at LW or DJ at BW
That didn't age well.

Wow. I touched a nerve.
Quick! Go on the main page and hit refresh. You need to post something witty early in a thread and get some likes.

I have no idea what you're blabbing about. I understand it hurts to constantly look like an idiot though. I apparently posted in this thread 20 minutes after it was made. That's quite the "refreshing."

<36>

You've been a moron for almost 20 years on a public forum. It's probably time to accept you have nothing of value to offer. Good times, Canquerelle.

nah. bisping was a paper champ, shouldn't have even been there, whereas gane is legit, the real #1 (with francis gone). jones isn't cherrypicking here, gsp was.
lol you have no idea what a paper champ actually is.

GSP got pieced up and bloodied by Bisping.

Jones took zero damage from Gane. Only illegal nut shot.

Not comparable.

you are crazy and simply wrong.
Stipe is not his toughest matchup.
Jon does not match up well with Francis.
Francis was his toughest matchup.
It's not surprising given that, that this fight didn't get made until Francis was out.
Yeah, on second thought … <TheWire1><YeahOKJen><Neil01>

lol you have no idea what a paper champ actually is.
from an online wiki - "A Paper Champion is a boxing champion who is considered to be a false champion, or champion only on paper."

which is exactly what i meant. so STFU.

Jones came off a controversial decision win over Reyes and went AWOL.

GSP came off a controversial decision win over Hendricks and went AWOL.

GSP and Jones were both out of their prime, with a long list of decision wins.

GSP decision wins:
View attachment 970951

Jones decision wins:

View attachment 970952

Bisping is a bigger striker and one of the weaker MW champions with weak grappling.
Gane is a bigger striker and never been a HW champion with extremely weak grappling.

Even the narrative is very much the same. People doubted GSP due to the long lay off and how he looked against Hendricks. People are doubting Jones due to the long lay off and how he looked against Reyes.

Will Jones choke out Gane?

Solid post and perspective, Sir. #Hespect

from an online wiki - "A Paper Champion is a boxing champion who is considered to be a false champion, or champion only on paper."

which is exactly what i meant. so STFU.

how does Bisping fit that definition? He KOed Luke who was the undisputed champion.

Yeah, on second thought … <TheWire1><YeahOKJen><Neil01>
Francis was the specific heavyweight Jon actually seemed respectfully nervous about. Jon is smart AF. He said similar stuff about fighting DC at heavyweight when he was a LHW, and not because he didn't think he could beat DC. BC he's on that Sun Tzu Art of War type of level that other fighters just aren't intelligence-wise.
After seeing how good Jones looked, he very well might beat Francis if they fought. BUT, I think Francis is his toughest match-up. Francis is massive and super strong. Lights-out power and has developed decent wrestling. Maybe not the best technique, but given his strength it works... look how solid it was vs Stipe AND Gane in his last 2 fights.
Stipe is getting too old I think to beat the very best - like JBJ - and Francis destroyed Stipe when they last fought and both were healthy.
Too much is made in the wrong way of the Francis/Gane fight where Francis took the fight on a fucked up knee bc he wanted to finish his UFC contract. Think a 100% Francis beats Cyril a lot easier tbh.

Back