Jones was boxing the ears off Gane before the takedown

He looked like Jon out there. Gane is a top notch striker at HW and is pretty unorthodox with how he darts in, but Jon has fought plenty of strikers, some who presented similar yet more challenging tricks to deal with at a weight class where fighters were even faster.

To Jon, Gane was just another striker, only difference was that Gane hits harder in the grand scheme of things.

Jones had a good read on Gane, Gane relies on footwork and range similar to a lot of MMA fighters for defense...if you can force him to exchange he doesn't move his head well and gets flustered...I remember him running away from a decrepit JDS when he got on the inside vs Gane. Jones also looked longer and faster than Gane on the night but 20 seconds on the feet isn't really enough data to pool anything together definitive.

Ran away from JDS? If by that you mean Gane picked at JDS from range, destroyed his lead leg, and then KOd him when he no longer had the mobility to get out of the way then sure.

Was Gane supposed to brawl with JDS in the pocket?

Its amazing how once fighters lose some luster "fans" start rewriting history.

Ran away from JDS? If by that you mean Gane picked at JDS from range, destroyed his lead leg, and then KOd him when he no longer had the mobility to get out of the way then sure.

In the pocket Gane was uncomfortable and didn't look good, of course Gane fought smart and dominated JDS. I meant literally though, I could misremember but I remember Gane turning his back and getting out of there at one point like Izzy. I'm not rewriting anything, save your idiots rhetoric for someone else about that.

Indeed. Difference in this fight is that Gane couldn't pick Jones apart at range like he has done with other fighters.

Jones wrestling advantage was talked about alot before this fight; for whatever reason his reach and snappy kicks not so much (well, Mir mentioned it). It's like people forgot he could strike.

Jones had a good read on Gane, Gane relies on footwork and range similar to a lot of MMA fighters for defense...if you can force him to exchange he doesn't move his head well and gets flustered...I remember him running away from a decrepit JDS when he got on the inside vs Gane. Jones also looked longer and faster than Gane on the night but 20 seconds on the feet isn't really enough data to pool anything together definitive.

don't forget when Gane fought Volkov too. Volkov did well in the first rd because he threw a lot of volume (at least for him) and was doing a lot more pressuring with forward movement. i instantly was reminded with the way Jon came out and took charge and attacked first. because of that Gane's timing and distance was off which lead to that weird jab and how he got taken down.

Fight was 2 mins. IDK about that, but he didn't seem too concerned with the power. Jones said himself afterwards that he hadn't sparred much and didn't feel great on the feet yet.

Indeed. Difference in this fight is that Gane couldn't pick Jones apart at range like he has done with other fighters.

Jones wrestling advantage was talked about alot before this fight; for whatever reason his reach and snappy kicks not so much (well, Mir mentioned it). It's like people forgot he could strike.

the fight did not last long on the feet and Jon won because of his grappling, had Gane been able to regain back to his feet you never know what he could've done. just because you win 1 exchange doesn't mean you're the better striker.

In the pocket Gane was uncomfortable and didn't look good, of course Gane fought smart and dominated JDS. I meant literally though, I could misremember but I remember Gane turning his back and getting out of there at one point like Izzy. I'm not rewriting anything, save your idiots rhetoric for someone else about that.

So its idiotic to correct you about something that literally never happened?

Got it!

I was surprised he showed no fear of Gane power

what happened to jones its too old fat and slow, has ring rust, cant hold gane down, can't wrestle anymore,
lost the last two fights to lhw's lol ,

jj is back, and i noticed most of the dagestani fan boi's are silent today

He was? That’s not what the striking stats show. I mean, he was definitely finding Gane, but Good Lord.
7EAB386B-F815-4BD2-845B-B4CBD6D7641E.jpeg

So its idiotic to correct you about something that literally never happened?

Got it!

It's the implying broad sweeping narratives in a means to strawman a point that's idiotic of you. Are you this dense? You also didn't correct anything, I never refuted in my response or initial statement what you said Einstein.

Landing 2/5 punches is schooling someone now <45>

To me, Jones feet looked very slow and his timing was off ..but as everyone already pointed out, the standup never really got going in this fight as Gane got taken down and smoked almost immediately. Troll on though, if you really need that in your life.

what happened to jones its too old fat and slow, has ring rust, cant hold gane down, can't wrestle anymore,
lost the last two fights to lhw's lol ,

jj is back, and i noticed most of the dagestani fan boi's are silent today

What do the dagestanis have to do with Jon Jones?

Honestly Jones looked clumsy on the feet before he went for the takedown. I was getting really worried but he powered through and finished the fight before anything bad could happen.

Last edited:
He was probably worried about his gas tank with all that extra weight. I was surprised he was so aggressive. Gane was too apparently, lol.

Jones has a high fight IQ and his team likely came up with an excellent game plan after studying Gane. I'm sure his approach will look completely different when he fights Stipe.

Back