Jones Would Consider to Keep Fighting if Ngannou Returned. Not for Pav

Will Stipe Miocic be Jon Jones last fight

• Total voters
Yep, his just setting himself up for negotiating. He clearly has the intent to fight once the money is right. He probably figures after beating Stipe he will have a ton of leverage and his probably right.
Let's hope that's the case because Jones and Pavlovich would be huge.

The UFC seem VERY interested in Pavlovich fighting for the title.

I'm sure Dana and co. will do everything in their power to try and pull it off.

LMAO the gall of this guy to dare say that just because he waited till Francis was gone for sure. Holy fuck

It would be huge for the hard-core fans that argue on forums like this. I don't think the general public could possibly give a shit less. Jon has kind of lost the casual fan attention due to PEDS and inactivity, and ducking the Francis fight and HW in general for so long. It wouldn't even hit 900k ppv buys. Jon will price himself WAY out of that fight.

Jones coming back to the UFC backfired.

He wanted to improve his legacy but now more people are going to question it than ever after USADA and now he ducked as well (well it looks like it so far).

If you want to put a stamp on being the GOAT by going to HW you don't avoid the best HW.

Could be a next series of TUF if after Stipe too. Jones would love a chance to be start of the show.

We all knew this. He gets nothing by beating Pavlovich. For many, he got nothing by beating Gane. And if he lost, he would get all the hate and some more. But it was for belt and thus it made sense. He is at the point in his career when he has nothing to prove to anyone but himself, if he so wants it.

I think it won't happen, even if the UFC decides to throw serious money on Jones' way. He is right, he has everything to lose. He can plow through Stipe, who is essentially retired and way past his prime, and retire as a double champion, undefeated, with more money than he'll ever need. Taking a risk with Sergei is not only a potential loss, but a diminishing brand value.

He doesnt want to face a legit threat. The last time he was up for that was DC only cause he was very confident in his reach advantage.

The last time he actually went in to test himself in the ring was probably the Rashad fight

We all knew this. He gets nothing by beating Pavlovich. For many, he got nothing by beating Gane. And if he lost, he would get all the hate and some more. But it was for belt and thus it made sense. He is at the point in his career when he has nothing to prove to anyone but himself, if he so wants it.
Exactly and he has no interest in proving anything even to himself.

Same shit Floyd did. As a fight fan it sucks

Yep, his just setting himself up for negotiating. He clearly has the intent to fight once the money is right. He probably figures after beating Stipe he will have a ton of leverage and his probably right.
I can see him retiring as well..he’s been around a long long time and has had a very successful career.. I would think the money has to be astronomical for Jones to even considering sticking around…

I think it won't happen, even if the UFC decides to throw serious money on Jones' way. He is right, he has everything to lose. He can plow through Stipe, who is essentially retired and way past his prime, and retire as a double champion, undefeated, with more money than he'll ever need. Taking a risk with Sergei is not only a potential loss, but a diminishing brand value.
If it's about brand value I think Jones is overestimating his brand value when his career is over.

He has the chance to finally make some real money now more than any other time earlier in his career.

He's not all that popular given all of his success probably because of all his personal life fuck ups.

I mean, he has virtually the same Instagram following as Islam Makhachev who just broke out on the scene.

Jones is basically pulling a GSP when he came back to fight Bisping. Fight one or two fights, re-retire after he just had a 3 year hiatus. I thought Dana hated that shit.

I seriously doubt he would come back for Ngannou if Francis returned. I don't believe a word Jones says. He's too much of a troll to be sincere about anything.

Good. Pav is a nobody and his "fans" are bottom feeders.

Jones is basically pulling a GSP when he came back to fight Bisping. Fight one or two fights, re-retire after he just had a 3 year hiatus. I thought Dana hated that shit.

I seriously doubt he would come back for Ngannou if Francis returned. I don't believe a word Jones says. He's too much of a troll to be sincere about anything.
The UFC does hate that shit.

Jones fans thinking UFC is not going to try to get Jones and Pavlovich to fight by any means necessary are deluded.

As soon as Jon leaves Dana will be calling him chicken again and use his ego against him to get the next big fight, probably talking about how much money he is offering Jon as well.

This is how fight promotion works. Dana is not actually sitting giddy thinking about Jones retiring with a legacy like his fans desperately want, they want to squeeze him for every penny he's worth and then besmirch his legacy and pass it on to someone else.

The show must go on.

LOL Dana must be pulling out his imaginary hair! Goes all in on Jones, gets one fight, maybe two and back to a vacant belt. Meanwhile Gane was a rising star of a new market and that’s up in flames too. Hilarious!

Oh well. At least slap fighting is doing great, oh wait!

Gane = Poirier of HW Division
Jon = Khabib of HW division
Stipe = Tony of HW division
Pavlovich = Oliveira of HW division
Aspinall = Chandler of HW division
Pavlovich = future HW Champ from beating Aspinall for the vacant title
also man, I feel bad for Russian UFC fighters, they always win titles when they're vacant, but it can still be considered that Islam took the title from Olives cause even tho it was vacated, the last title holder was Olives, he lost his title to himself due to missing weight

Jones actually talking a lot of sense. Haters gonna hate
Imagine if we said that about every champ who wanted to duck the best contender?

"Totally genius of Rich Franklin not to fight Anderson Silva because it would affect his legacy"

lol

Jones is correct. Remember how Gane was supposed to easily beat Jones before the fight. And now he was never that good and was not even a contender.
I mean
{<shrug}
Ganes lost 2 of 3 and got knocked stiff by Tuivasa who was too out of shape to capitalize and finish

Back