Jordan Leavitt KO Matt Wiman GIFS

that's why I hate this bush league. It's supposed to be the elite but we see constantly mismatches just like in bellator. taking unneccessary damage as a washed out fighter or as a young brawler without proper technique is not entertainment. thats just human cockfighting.

first cut all brawlers and washed out diegoesque fighters.

tbf they gave Wiman an nice and easy loss with this matchup, he was supposed to get subbed

they couldn't know he would manage to get himself slam KO'd instead

Extreme cross-eyedness is almost like a hindsight, if you look hard enough. Not 20/20 but

3uYq2dx.jpg
This is horrific. And by "this" I mean how much I should not be laughing yet still. He'll never see 2020 the same way. Like many of us.

that's why I hate this bush league. It's supposed to be the elite but we see constantly mismatches just like in bellator. taking unneccessary damage as a washed out fighter or as a young brawler without proper technique is not entertainment. thats just human cockfighting.

first cut all brawlers and washed out diegoesque fighters.

tdworld_5303_are_you_not_entertained_w_text_720x396.png

Wiman was attempting cm punk's hanging sloth guard, but that move is only for true bjj masters
So what is the "sloth guard" trying to prevent? It doesn't prevent a slam. Serious question. Or is it a joke?

That has got to be one of the most awkward sequences of all time.

Wiman returning after a 4 year hiatus is one of the weirdest & unexpected returns I've seen, he was always a respectable fighter and had a few good runs but returning at the age of 36 after a 4 year layoff was never going to treat him well. The LW division has improved a lot since the days he was competing.

I'm pretty sure he was working a full time job even at his peak who knows what sort of injuries he had. He's had some horrific ko losses in his career and this only adds to it, one of the first UFC events I watched live was UFC 60 when he was flatlind by a flying knee, that felt like a lifetim ago and the fact he is still competing is baffling.

Damn that was a scary spinebuster.

Poor Watt he’s been the victim on quite a bit of highlight reels now.

He's a mormon, it all makes sense now.
source.gif

Dana tried to justify cutting Romero but has Matt Wiman on his roster in 2020. Lunacy.

Back