Jose Aldo could be out of UFC 237 due to bacterial infection

Didn't some guy say something about Brazilians being "filthy"?

Come on, it's a joke.

He was going to lose that fight anyways. And I say that as a big Also fan.

Read the post people. He's not pulling out, he needs to show improvement in his health to be cleared by the doctor. It's not up to him. There's a difference in pulling out of a fight due to injury or other reason and not being cleared due an illness.

Humans versus bacteria only on pay-per-view

I'd rather him skip this event if he's not going to be 100% for it, I want to see him at his best and continue killing these contenders

https://mmajunkie.com/2019/03/jose-aldo-hospitalized-bacterial-infection-brazil-ufc-237

Seven weeks before a scheduled UFC 237 meeting with Alexander Volkanovski (19-1 MMA, 6-0 UFC), former featherweight champion Jose Aldo (28-4 MMA, 10-3 UFC) has been hospitalized with a bacterial infection in Rio de Janeiro.

Brazil’s Combate.com was first to report the news, which MMA Junkie confirmed with Aldo’s manager and head coach, Andre Pederneiras, on Friday.

Aldo has been in the hospital since Wednesday due to an infection stemming from a small cut on his knee. The report says the antibiotics treatment didn’t work at first but that the UFC’s former featherweight champion responded after 24 hours and has been fever-free since Thursday night.

According to Combate, the illness casts doubt in Aldo’s ability to meet Volkanovski in the May 11 card, since there would need to be a vast improvement in his condition over the next week in order for him to be cleared by doctors to compete. The story, however, also said Pederneiras expressed confidence that the infection wouldn’t affect the featherweight’s preparation too much.

HiddenRespectfulFlyingfish-size_restricted.gif

Fuck. Hope he'll be alright in 7 weeks in time to fight

Last edited:
Oh man, that sucks.

@Clippy send him a get well soon bro.

NOOoooOooooOOOOooooooOoooOooOOOOOooooooOOOO

I don't want this fight anyways. Volkanovski is the next contender, silly to fight possibly his worst match up in the division against Aldo, who has already fought max twice.

Back