Jose Aldo NOT retiring Still Eying Bantamweight Title - Can He Do it?

I think o Malley would still have the boxing and power advantage but it would be a fun fight

The problem is he has already fought everyone

He's fought Volk, Max, Chito, Yan.

Maybe fights with Cejudo/Cruz would be good. Or a super fight type deal against Pantoja.

Or just keep fighting fun fights like he did tonight. Hell I guess let him fight OMalley if he beats Merab, or even if he loses.

O'Malley's volume and movement would be tough for Aldo to overcome in a 5 rounder imo. Aljo wouldve been a better match up for Aldo
100% correct. Sterling or anyone else for that matter will still have trouble taking Aldo down. O’Malley’s reach and amazing pace would really hard for Aldo to overcome at this point.

a true fan would want him to retire. he's washed, can't beat anyone in the top ten and will ruin his own legacy. He's old and deteriorated to the point of no return and will have serious medical issues in the future if he doesn't retire. Doesn't he have a real close friend to tell him the hard truth? Why is he doing this to himself?

Aldo needs a Joe Rogan/Brendan Schaub moment...

a true fan would want him to retire. he's washed, can't beat anyone in the top ten and will ruin his own legacy. He's old and deteriorated to the point of no return and will have serious medical issues in the future if he doesn't retire. Doesn't he have a real close friend to tell him the hard truth? Why is he doing this to himself?

Shut up. Jackass.

Not a 5rounder - at this point he'd gas and get tko'd.

I think he should retire from mma and go to boxing. Nothing left to prove.

If he decides to return maybe some less dangerous 3rd fights - Dom, CCC, rematch with Yan.

I dont think he beats Merab in a 5 rounder .in three rounder in right elevation he might- or Sean but he can do whatever he wants. It's nice to see legend competing in later years and not shot at all.

Just checked the top 15. I'd say with certain level of confidence

He beats:
4.Vera
5.Cejudo
6.Fig
8.Font
11.Cruz
12.Martinez
14.Simon
15.Pedro

He loses to:
C.Sean
1.Merab
2.Cory
3.Yan
9.Umar

Unsure:
7.Yadong
10.Phillips
13.Bautista

He looked pretty bad in his boxing fights and I just caught the last 30 seconds of this one. How was it? DId he look good?

Back