Media Jose Aldo solving Rob Font's jab

This still might be one of the dumbest things I've read on this forum, lol.

Explain, how?

1) WEC paid a lower salary than the UFC.
2) UFC did not develop a featherweight division because they didn't believe in lower weight classes at the time.
3) Aldo has 7 title defenses in the UFC from a heavily WEC fighter dominated division who's fighters were not scouted by UFC talent but by WEC.
4) Aldo took his championship belt from Mike Brown, the same Mike Brown that had really poor fights against Faber in WEC, then was just gifted the belt by the UFC.
5) UFC's featherweight division was extremely shallow that Aldo had to fight and lap the same fighters (Mendes, and Edgar).

Look at all of the WEC bred fighters that Aldo fought during his title defense:

1) Mike Brown: WEC
2) Urijah Faber: WEC
3) Manny Gamburan: WEC
4) Mark Homnick: WEC
5) Kenny Florian: WEC
6) Chad Mendes: WEC
7) Chan Sung Jung: WEC
8) Richardo Lamas: WEC

ONLY Frankie Edgar was scouted by UFC rather than a merge from WEC.
And the second non-WEC fighter that Aldo fought, he got KOed in seconds.

Aldo might be the GOAT WEC fighter, but that's it, he's nowhere in contention for UFC GOAT.

Explain, how?

1) WEC paid a lower salary than the UFC.
2) UFC did not develop a featherweight division because they didn't believe in lower weight classes at the time.
3) Aldo has 7 title defenses in the UFC from a heavily WEC fighter dominated division who's fighters were not scouted by UFC talent but by WEC.
4) Aldo took his championship belt from Mike Brown, the same Mike Brown that had really poor fights against Faber in WEC, then was just gifted the belt by the UFC.
5) UFC's featherweight division was extremely shallow that Aldo had to fight and lap the same fighters (Mendes, and Edgar).

Look at all of the WEC bred fighters that Aldo fought during his UFC title defense:

1) Mike Brown: WEC
2) Urijah Faber: WEC
3) Manny Gamburan: WEC
4) Mark Homnick: WEC
5) Kenny Florian: WEC
6) Chad Mendes: WEC
7) Chan Sung Jung: WEC
8) Richardo Lamas: WEC

ONLY Frankie Edgar was scouted by UFC rather than a merge from WEC.
And the second non-WEC fighter that Aldo fought, he got KOed in seconds.

Aldo might be the GOAT WEC fighter, but that's it, he's nowhere in contention for UFC GOAT.

Zuffa owned WEC, lol.

They purchased it in '06 and merged it in January of 2011.

The UFC ran the WEC. They scouted those fighters.

L
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
L.

Zuffa owned WEC, lol

So what? I know they are owned by the same company. If Endeavor bought LFA, does that make LFA fighters UFC caliber all of a sudden?

You can own two companies and have one of them be the flag ship and the other one a B company. WEC was clearly a left behind for smaller weight classes that Zuffa did not think could generate money, this left WEC with a underdeveloped talent pool due to having even crappier fighter pay than the UFC did.

Before these ladies started getting sloppy on post-mortem baldo he used to be known as a boring decision machine. couldnt even finish florian or lamas and only fought once every 10 months. volkanovski surpassed him years ago, just a few months after he kicked his ass outta the division really

I'm impressed by Rob's toughness some of Jose body shots he landed on Rob's body was nasty. Great fight overall and Jose still shows why he was a champion for a decade.

Zuffa owned WEC, lol.

They purchased it in '06 and merged it in January of 2011.

The UFC ran the WEC. They scouted those fighters.

L
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
L.

I highly doubt the corporate structure of the WEC has the exact same people as the UFC on day to day management. You really think the same people are running the operations behind two companies?

I don't even have to look at financial to bet that WEC employees were not also UFC employees. I'd also bet that the funding given by Zuffa behind each venture were obviously very different.

Saying Aldo is the featherweight GOAT is like saying Royce Gracie is the heavyweight GOAT. He was the best in a crappy division that was just starting which the UFC took from the WEC, as soon as the division got new blood and better scouted talent, Aldo faded. You can argue that's age but I think it's clearly a difference in talent.

I highly doubt the corporate structure of the WEC has the exact same people as the UFC on day to day management. You really think the same people are running the operations behind two companies?

I don't even have to look at financial to bet that WEC employees were not also UFC employees. I'd also bet that the funding given by Zuffa behind each venture were obviously very different.

Saying Aldo is the featherweight GOAT is like saying Royce Gracie is the heavyweight GOAT. He was the best in a crappy division that was just starting which the UFC took from the WEC, as soon as the division got new blood and better scouted talent, Aldo faded. You can argue that's age but I think it's clearly a difference in talent.

You should stop typing, lol.

You should stop typing, lol.

That's fine, you don't have to agree with my opinion, as long as you don't yellow card me for it again for thinking that Aldo is overrated for facing a mostly WEC developed talent pool.

Aldo's good, but I don't even come close into buying the UFC generated hype that he's the featherweight GOAT, let alone the GOAT across weight classes.

FW GOAT is between Conor, Max, and Volk, and Max has the strongest claim to it, but it should be a discussion between those 3.

That's fine, you don't have to agree with my opinion, as long as you don't yellow card me for it again for thinking that Aldo is overrated for facing a mostly WEC developed talent pool.

Aldo's good, but I don't even come close into buying the UFC generated hype that he's the featherweight GOAT, let alone the GOAT across weight classes.

FW GOAT is between Conor, Max, and Volk, and Max has the strongest claim to it, but it should be a discussion between those 3.

You're even clueless as to why you got carded. The gift that keeps on giving.

i really want to see aldo vs tj/cruz/aljo

As far as i am concerned right now aljo, tj, cruz are the top 3 in the division. and the next title shots wll be involve them. Fuck cejudo as tj and aldo don't have much time left.

I love yan, but with 2 loses to aljo, he wont' be in the title picture for awhile. he should take on cejudo or omalley next. Cejudo won't take the match with yan though.

I was hoping they were going to make TJ/Aldo but I think they're really going to give TJ the shot next. TJ also seems to only be mentioning Aldo after he gets a title shot.

I was hoping they were going to make TJ/Aldo but I think they're really going to give TJ the shot next. TJ also seems to only be mentioning Aldo after he gets a title shot.
TJ, Aljo, Cruz are the only fights that Aldo should even consider taking. Aljo/TJ for obvious reasons and Cruz for the legacy Goat 135er vs Goat 145er

Aldo the goat! Dominating for years in the most stacked division. Can't wait for the Aljo fight, he wins easily and beomes bw champ as well 20 years into his mma career. Undeniably the goat.

You do know talent is developed by independent gyms, not the UFC or WEC? Fighters who are signed by the UFC rather than WEC don't get some extra special training and magically become better. Ridiculous thinking.

Aldo is easily an atg. The same people who deny Aldo are the same people who think Hendo was better than Aldo

You do know talent is developed by independent gyms, not the UFC or WEC? Fighters who are signed by the UFC rather than WEC don't get some extra special training and magically become better. Ridiculous thinking.

Fine, the correct phrase to use is, fighters scouted by the UFC, rather than developed.

It seems Aldo never loses motivation or discipline. He is as good as ever right now

Please make Aldo / Sterling. This is his best chance at becoming double champ as Serling is tailor made for him!!!

People call Khabib lightweight GOAT and sometimes even just the GOAT period. Who did Khabib beat? Fought Al Iaquinta for the belt, and then defended against DP, McGregor, and Gaethje and out of that 3 only McGregor was LW champion (Interim champs are fake champs).

McGregor's run at featherweight carries as much weight as Khabib's run at LW.
Except for ...you know....the fact that Kabib actually defended his LW title.

Aldo is the GOAT at getting his mind messed with & letting an inferior fighter with no one punch KO's one punch KO him.

Back