Joseph Parker vs Zhang co-main March 8th Saudi Arabia

Two of the more likeable personalities in the sport. I think they'll make it a barnburner. If Parker can withstand the big bombs I think he can out-pace Zhang and win a UD.

Two of the more likeable personalities in the sport. I think they'll make it a barnburner. If Parker can withstand the big bombs I think he can out-pace Zhang and win a UD.

Yeah, I can see Parker outpointing Zhang.

…and, yay, we find out it has a rematch clause.

Just what we all wanted I am sure. Not boring at all.

Gonna go with Parker UD but not with any confidence. Other than the wilder fight I think he’s looked poor recently. Wilder can’t box so I don’t really know if it’s a resurgence or I just that he was fighting someone rubbish. I’m guessing a bit of both

Gonna go with Parker UD but not with any confidence. Other than the wilder fight I think he’s looked poor recently. Wilder can’t box so I don’t really know if it’s a resurgence or I just that he was fighting someone rubbish. I’m guessing a bit of both

Wilder looked like inactivity/age had taken a lot off him.

He never had a brilliant set of boxing skills or craft to back him, but he was quite fast and rangy. I'd hesitate to say athletic because I don't think his balance was great but he had explosiveness that could catch people. And obviously the power.

I think Wilder sat back waiting to strike like a crocodile as usual but the relfexes had gone and everytime he thought he saw an opportunity it was gone in a blink before he could even get himself to do anything. Short of that, he then didn't know how to manufacture himself a chance, he's never had to really.

So we may have seen Parker turn up sharp and Wilder on a steep slide.

I'd like to see Zhang win this one. I like watching him, he gets stuck in and I think he can rattle one or two more cages before he's done.

if Parker does get hit by Zhang, he's in deep trouble. Zhang one punch KO'd Joyce who has a pretty tough chin. also knocked down Hrgovic pretty hard.

Wilder looked like inactivity/age had taken a lot off him.

He never had a brilliant set of boxing skills or craft to back him, but he was quite fast and rangy. I'd hesitate to say athletic because I don't think his balance was great but he had explosiveness that could catch people. And obviously the power.

I think Wilder sat back waiting to strike like a crocodile as usual but the relfexes had gone and everytime he thought he saw an opportunity it was gone in a blink before he could even get himself to do anything. Short of that, he then didn't know how to manufacture himself a chance, he's never had to really.

So we may have seen Parker turn up sharp and Wilder on a steep slide.

When was peak wilder? When he was smashing cans and journeymen or losing to fury? The reality is he’s looked awful against the only 2 proven fighters he’s fought! He’s avoided tough challenges his whole career and came up short whenever he’s stepped up.

Ironically no one made these excuses when he ran through helanius recently . Another big plodding journeymen with slow feet. Absolutely perfect for a wilder opponent. If anyone looked past their prime in recent performances it was Parker against Joyce! joes certainly chosen a harder path to tread than wilder, and had harder fights. Let’s be honest, wilder could’ve fought Parker years ago. He could’ve taken the belt Joshua (a less than 20 fight novice) took off of him but he had no interest in that. He fought none of the contenders or belt holders until he cherry picked rehab fury instead on the unification fight.

He’s an awful boxer and one of the most protected fighters in modern history. He’s made a career of avoiding contenders and fighting journeymen, and his fans have bought in to the hype. It took Saudi money for him to actually take some risks. He could’ve been on the upcoming card but he’s once again turned down the fights he was offered. Why, probably because the Saudis won’t let him/his team cherry pick fights. The guys he was offered, zhang and hrgovic, beat him up and knock him out

He’s not suddenly past his prime, he was never any good and only ever defended his title against cans and journeymen. him and his team have pulled the wool over his fans eyes

Last edited:
if Parker does get hit by Zhang, he's in deep trouble. Zhang one punch KO'd Joyce who has a pretty tough chin. also knocked down Hrgovic pretty hard.

Parkers chin is as solid as Joyce’s tbf. I’m sure zhang can KO parker as well but he’s not gonna get to land it nearly as much as he did with Joyce. He literally landed it at will

He never knocked Hrgovic down hard.

This whole forum is gonna find out what Chinese power and Chinese speed is all about. Zhang is knocking parker out.

I favour Parker in this but I’m not great at calling his fights recently. Along with Joyce he has as good a chin as anyone at HW. Joyce didn’t really make an impact on Parker until his gas tank was drained late in the fight. And that was as much about the pace he set throughout the fight. Zhang will not fight at that constant pace/pressure and parker will be a far harder target to hit. I’ll go Parker point but not with great confidence. Zhang gonna have to get it done early to mid rounds to win imo

Top fight this. Age gotta catch up with Zhang at some point, if Parker is savy, I can see him racking the rounds up.

Back