Josh Taylor - How good is he?

HardasNAILZ

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
This guy has some really special talent. He’s fighting Victor Postol next and I think it’ll be a walkover. Just watch some of his fights, he’s absolutely obscene. Fantastic shot selection and great cardio, never looks like he’s been in a fight. Can’t wait to see him in action - superb.

This guy has some really special talent. He’s fighting Victor Postol next and I think it’ll be a walkover. Just watch some of his fights, he’s absolutely obscene. Fantastic shot selection and great cardio, never looks like he’s been in a fight. Can’t wait to see him in action - superb.

Yeah I really rate him also think he beats postol fairly easily
He fckin clowned Ohara Davis, it was embarressing. Every Scottish boxing fan I know loves him. He has flown way under the radar in the rest of Britain, no ones talking about him? He’ll have a world title within 12 months.

Last edited:
Nice fighter. Let's wait a second before we think he'll walk over Postol, though; Postol can fight. Taylor does look a fair bit more equipped to do well than several other British fighters who have been touted as of late.

Nice fighter. Let's wait a second before we think he'll walk over Postol, though; Postol can fight. Taylor does look a fair bit more equipped to do well than several other British fighters who have been touted as of late.

Postol is a great test, can’t wait for the fight

I've only seen him in the one bout vs. Davies but he looked very good in that. He kept really tight, good defence and unleashed hard tight counters on his opponent. He does the basics very well. I look forward to watching him take on Postol.

Super talent but concerned they are rushing him. Got hit more than I expected last night. Having seen his opponent kris george a few times he is tough but pretty limited. Only had like 7 fights or close too?

Super talent but concerned they are rushing him. Got hit more than I expected last night. Having seen his opponent kris george a few times he is tough but pretty limited. Only had like 7 fights or close too?

I think you’re getting your josh’s mixed up fella, though there is a fair amount of similarities with josh Taylor and Josh Kelly tbf

Josh Kelly is being heavily touted for success, but even if he makes the grade can’t see him winning a title at ww anytime soon
Josh Taylor is fighting victor postol next weekend and he's a lw. He’s only has 12 fights but has a lot of ami fights for Scotland and Britain. He’s the fella people should be talking about imo. Ohara Davis was a hot prospect over here until they met and it was a ridiculously one sided fight.

Last edited:
Southpaw chaos. They do have a fair amount of similarities, actually. Prograis is a tad more reckless, though.
Kinda hoping Taylor looks beast here, and wrecks Postol. Then again if Postol proves too much, I'm down for Prograis/Postol as well. Was pissed that fight didn't go down.

This fight IS 140lbs, right? I read somewhere in this thread Taylor is a LW?

Best British prospect. He'll pick a belt up for sure. I like the way that are matching him. Postol is the right opponent at the right time.

Fighting on Saturday against Apinun Khongsong a Thai .Not hear much about the Thai any yous know if any decent .Hopefully a good fight but Taylor is quality think Ramirez next after this .Just wondered if the guy had any Muay Thai fghts under his belt etc.Taylor was a taekwon do world champ as well .

Unified world super-lightweight champion Josh Taylor says he will be sharpened by the "fear factor" of taking on a relatively unknown quantity in Apinun Khongsong on Saturday.

Scotland's Taylor will defend his WBA and IBF world titles against the undefeated Thai at London's York Hall.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/54209216

Fighting on Saturday against Apinun Khongsong a Thai .Not hear much about the Thai any yous know if any decent .Hopefully a good fight but Taylor is quality think Ramirez next after this .Just wondered if the guy had any Muay Thai fghts under his belt etc.Taylor was a taekwon do world champ as well .

Fights under Downua Ruawaiking (or SakreerinProm), was manoeuvred into a title shot after winning a regional belt versus oft-beaten Japanese trial-horse Akhiro Kondo.

Put Kondo down for the count in an upset but though Kondo had never been stopped he was best at lightweight & even then was only like Japanese-champion level, not a true international threat (& that was a decade ago).

The Japanese fighter is the only recognisable name on the Thai's record, but the kid looked crude but also like he had bricks in his fucking gloves (at an admittedly Top-20-at-best level, mind!):

I expect Taylor to run rings around him & rip him up, but Josh got nailed & hurt by Prograis (no dis, thought he won it close, just pointing out like), so if he walks onto that right...

Last edited:
Back