Joshua Van appreciation thread

Van was one of the best Flyweight prospects out of the US, this is going to sound shitty but there's tons of guys his age at that weight with as good of records and as much or more potential in and out of the UFC though, if you think him being 22 is "amazing" you gotta follow more Flyweights. He definitely can be a bit reckless in there and his biggest issue is that he's way too small for 125lbs, kinda how before the UFC had FW and BW divisions you'd see many lightweights that were truly FWs and even BWs fighting at 155. Van could easily be fighting at 115lbs, maybe even 105lbs. This issue is significant because it's not really something he can fix much. He gives up 2-5 inches of reach vs a lot of flyweights and a few inches of height, his frame is small too.

Well since you came in to shit on Van, have at it.
He's still an exciting prospect and he shows a lot of skills that other FLWs don't.

As far as all the other FLWs that you mentioned...I don't have to know them.
Nor did I watch them on Saturday.

I made this thread to show appreciation to a young fighter that I like and that's exactly what I did.

He may be small, he may be able to fight at a lower weight, he may have a reach deficit...but the kid fights hard, and thats all I care about.

Everything else is 💨

He's still an exciting prospect and he shows a lot of skills that other FLWs don't.

I made this thread to show appreciation to a young fighter that I like and that's exactly what I did.

He may be small, he may be able to fight at a lower weight, he may have a reach deficit...but the kid fights hard, and thats all I care about.

Everything else is 💨

Not bad in the ring, made a decent bet on him to win rd.2

He needs a personality though if he wants to be a star and popular with more fans.

Probably a title contender or champion in the future if he can get popular, otherwise Dana will feed him to the wolves through match selection and I don’t see him surviving bad match ups against the elites.

Not bad in the ring, made a decent bet on him to win rd.2

He needs a personality though if he wants to be a star and popular with more fans.

Probably a title contender or champion in the future if he can get popular, otherwise Dana will feed him to the wolves through match selection and I don’t see him surviving bad match ups against the elites.

Im not watching the WWF sir, Im watching real fighters fight.

Everything else is 💨

Not really shitting on Van, he's a guy I've been following for a couple years and he's no doubt talented, young and heavy handed. I do think he will hit a wall due to his size and lack of lower weight classes however. This is a common issue at 125lbs. Guys like Taira, Mokaev, Tagir, Nascimento, Moreno, Azat, Erceg etc are significantly bigger. He does get hit a fair amount and his skills seem a limited due to his size honestly.

It's a Van appreciation thread but I got nowhere else to be critical and discuss this so why not?

Im not watching the WWF sir, Im watching real fighters fight.

UFC is 50% wwe drama and 50% actual fighting.

It is the formula that works.

If you want Van to find success in UFC you should be rooting for him to work on his promo abilities.

30 years of MMA should have shown fighters how important having a good promo game is.

Not really shitting on Van, he's a guy I've been following for a couple years and he's no doubt talented, young and heavy handed. I do think he will hit a wall due to his size and lack of lower weight classes however. This is a common issue at 125lbs. Guys like Taira, Mokaev, Tagir, Nascimento, Moreno, Azat, Erceg etc are significantly bigger. He does get hit a fair amount and his skills seem a limited due to his size honestly.

It's a Van appreciation thread but I got nowhere else to be critical and discuss this so why not?

I think it's uncouth to do it in a thread meant to show love, but I'm not a man to shit on your freedom of speech.

John Lineker was "too small" as well and he did pretty good relying on his power and chin.
Josh has is more well rounded than Lineker is and he's young enough to get better.

His up side seems good, and I think the kid is a good fighter.

If you want Van to find success in UFC you should be rooting for him to work on his promo abilities.

30 years of MMA should have shown fighters how important having a good promo game is.

Cool beans.

Dude you keep popping up with these awful takes. Its nowhere near 50/50, maybe thats what defines your interest but its not NEARLY as important as winning fights.

Dude you keep popping up with these awful takes. Its nowhere near 50/50, maybe thats what defines your interest but its not NEARLY as important as winning fights.

Covington got three title fights because of his promos.

You can be a decent fighter/good fighter with promo skills and potentially make it to the top.

Yoel got a title shot off a lost, is it any chance he also does some of the weird promos and post fight antics with his Jesus hates gays stuff?

What about Bisping, he would never have been champion or even got the shot on short notice vs Rockhold if he wasn’t a character.

Also actual fight time vs. everything else, fight time is probably only 20% of an entire ufc event.

McGregor smashes a bus, highest selling PPV in history.

Covington got three title fights because of his promos.

You can be a decent fighter/good fighter with promo skills and potentially make it to the top.

Yoel got a title shot off a lost, is it any chance he also does some of the weird promos and post fight antics with his Jesus hates gays stuff?

What about Bisping, he would never have been champion or even got the shot on short notice vs Rockhold if he wasn’t a character.

Also actual fight time vs. everything else, fight time is probably only 20% of an entire ufc event.

McGregor smashes a bus, highest selling PPV in history.

He never said Jesus hates gays ffs.
No forget Jesus is what he said, and his accent made it sound fucked up.

Your takes are seriously fucked in the head sir.

He never said Jesus hates gays ffs.
No forget Jesus is what he said, and his accent made it sound fucked up.

Your takes are seriously fucked in the head sir.
Lol none of my takes are that controversial. You ever read MMA media? Watch any blogs by fighters?

It’s a widely shared opinion that you need to cut good promos to be successful. Telling that Van kid he needs to work on his promos to succeed is common sense for anyone who knows the business.

Lol none of my takes are that controversial. You ever read MMA media? Watch any blogs by fighters?

It’s a widely shared opinion that you need to cut good promos to be successful. Telling that Van kid he needs to work on his promos to succeed is common sense for anyone who knows the business.

Zzzzzzz

Yeah zzzzz, go listen to Joe Rogan, Chael Sonnen, Brandon Schaub, Dana White, Ariel Hewanli, MMA fighting, Scott Coker, heck even Jessie on Fire.

All of them will emphasize how important a good promo is and why you need to up your mic skills to succeed.

Yeah zzzzz, go listen to Joe Rogan, Chael Sonnen, Brandon Schaub, Dana White, Ariel Hewanli, MMA fighting, Scott Coker, heck even Jessie on Fire.

All of them will emphasize how important a good promo is and why you need to up your mic skills to succeed.

I hate Joe Rogan and the rest of those douchebags you goofy broad.
Don't assume you know anything about me.

Go make another Conor dick sucking thread, it's what you do best kid.

I hate Joe Rogan and the rest of those douchebags you goofy broad.
Don't assume you know anything about me.

Go make another Conor dick sucking thread, it's what you do best kid.

Those people are the leading voices in MMA, I made no assumptions about you.

All I said is they know the business more than anyone and your opinion is definitely fringe on this matter.

Remember this has been true since the dawn of time. Controversy creates cash.

1705323396985.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luciusaugustus
Back