Joslins Canadian Open 2007

StellarPR

White Belt
Reaction score
Canada's largest Grappling Event, the Joslin's Canadian Open will be held once again in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada on Saturday November 10,2007 and Sunday November 11, 2007. Children compete on Saturday afternoon /evening and all adults compete on Sunday.

Who's planning on going? I'm hoping to compete intermediate -185lbs. I hope border wait isn't a pain, at least you don't need a passport until January.

I'm in at 225 lbs - beginner. Don't know if I'm gonna do Gi & No Gi. It's sure to be a tough tourney.

I'm going too! Weird weigh-in system, you have to weigh in right before your first match starts. Or so it said in the flyer.

Shit, you just reminded me I gotta pay them still lol

Man I remember Joslin's crew from 98'

I'm getting old.

i'll be there

beginner 155 or 140 no gi.

I'm in around 145lbs so we'll see

what the hell is Jeff doing these days?

It sure seems like he is just getting injured on a regular basis...probably training too hard or something...I wonder if he is still on contract with the UFC, or since he bailed out of his last two fights because of injury he is out of it

Ya I was talking to Jeff the other day and he is still under contract with the UFC. Hes still recovering from a serious injury that took him out of the Chris Lytle fight. On a lighter note it should be a good tourney this year! Rick and Jeff Joslin run a good event.

Inter 185 or 205 depending on how much I eat this week :rolleyes:

Anyone know if you make weight in your gi are you all good for no-gi?

I have a fight coming up so I'll probably be reffing instead of competing.

WNYguy you weigh in at the start of both divisions; once for gi and once for no-gi. There is a weight allowance for the gi weigh-ins, not sure how much, check the website for more details: http://www.joslinskarate.com/home.html

I have a fight coming up so I'll probably be reffing instead of competing.

WNYguy you weigh in at the start of both divisions; once for gi and once for no-gi. There is a weight allowance for the gi weigh-ins, not sure how much, check the website for more details: http://www.joslinskarate.com/home.html

Thanks Rory and good luck with your next fight!

It says 7 pounds is allowed in the gi and 1 no-gi.

Curious To Weight Allowance

The 7lbs take in account for your Gi (you have to wear your full Gi when weighing in)
The 1 lb for No-Gi is for clothing (Not that anything you wear should weigh more than that)

Back