Judges robbed 3 fighters tonight. Not a good look for the sport.

PlasticFishBowl

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Cory, Kyler Phillips and Maverick all won but lose on the cards.

In all 3 cases, they did more damage and outstruck their opponents but lost because the judges scored cagestalling heavily.

I just wish they would be more clear on how scoring is done. Not sure why a guy who outstrikes the opponent 29-16 loses a round because he got stalled on the cage for 45 seconds.

These judges need to be lined up and hit in the face

Cmonn TJ & Cory could go either way. I agree it's split dec.

But Phillips I agree. Should be his win

Holding someone against the cage and humping their leg. Or taking someone down and allowing them back up immediately. Is scored more then strikes that bust ur eye and nose up.

Was it the same judges on all those 3 cards? i think D'amato was on all 3 and he went with the winner side...

Cory, Kyler Phillips and Maverick all won but lose on the cards.

In all 3 cases, they did more damage and outstruck their opponents but lost because the judges scored cagestalling heavily.

I just wish they would be more clear on how scoring is done. Not sure why a guy who outstrikes the opponent 29-16 loses a round because he got stalled on the cage for 45 seconds.

Maverick-Barber was a bad robbery imo. The other two were closer and valid ways to see those fights. That said, I just watched a main event in which I thought every decision was wrong.

Cory even had better moments on the ground, popping TJ's knee. Then pieced him up on the feet. All TJ was doing was missing punches while walking forward and stalling on the fence. Terrible decision imo

TJ and Cory was a coinflip. Says more about the issues with the current scoring system.

I thought Phillips won 29-27. Scoring the first 10-9 and giving Paiva the 3rd for literally a minute of LNP is fucking stupid. Phillips did way more damage. Bullshit decision. At worst, it was a draw.

The Barber nod was one of the worst robberies I've seen in a while. Idk how you score the second round for her when Maverick significantly outstruck her, and had grappling control.

Maverick is the only one who got screwed .

TJ Cory could've gone either way & Paiva/ Phillips was a draw at best for Phillips.

I think Phillips was at worst a draw. Clear 10-8 first round. The other rounds were close.

I also thought Cory was clear winner based on the rules. "Chasing after an opponent with no effective result or impact should not render in the judges’ assessments." <-- that is what TJ did for the majority of the fight and really had little impact on Cory. The decision in TJ's favor IMO says holding someone against the fight while doing nothing scores too highly.

Don't think TJ vs Sandhagen was a robbery. It was close as fuck.

Dillashaw oustriked and outwrestled Sandhagen in at least 3 rounds.
Paiva/Kyler was extremely close, and Paiva controlled the fight for most of the third round.

Only the Maverick fight was suspicious...

D'Amato is trash but he did give Philips 28-28.

He gave it to Barber and Sandhagen tho, yeah pretty awful overall. He's probably the judge with the most split decisions out there (even if you adjust it for %, since he's judged far more than others).

Back