Media Julianna Pena pleads her case for Nunes trilogy: "There's nothing else going on in the division"

She does have a point, but its a fight no one wants though. UFC should Push for Val vs Nunes 3....its really that last chance for it to be made both women are getting older and in a few years it wont have any point to it.

She got beat about as dominantly as anyone has ever been beaten in the UFC. It was worse than getting finished, it was a comprehensive outclassing.
LastingThinCoqui-size_restricted.gif

VainFoolhardyDromaeosaur-size_restricted.gif

ExaltedImpureBluebreastedkookaburra-size_restricted.gif

ShyGaseousAfricancivet-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Even her streak leading up to the title was weak. She got the shot by Aldana fucking up, talking and just kinda being there. Kudos to her for getting that original win. Was a great moment but we all knew skill wise, she's far behind in the division.

Nunes demolished her in the rematch. She's a tough chick for sure but there is nothing that warrants a trilogy. Thewhole point of the rematch was to prove it wasn't a fluke. She couldn't show she's the better fighter.

Win a big fight and go from there.

She needs a win over Ketlan, Holly, or Irene before another title shot. Preferably she fights all three, that's how far she is from a rematch.

Right now she is a commentator and has a young child right? Honestly I would rather do that and maybe rematch GDR in a few years. Avenge that loss. Ride off in the sunset.

Last edited:
Irene Aldana poses an actual legitimate threat to Amanda Nunes. She had gotten KO's her last victories. She deserves the next titleshot.

I agree. Her last fight vs Chiasson was a catchweight but that wasn't because of Aldana so it should be treated as a legit win as far as the rankings. I think UFC dropped the ball not putting Nunes vs Aldana on the 283 card, could've had 2 Brazilian champions fighting 2 Mexican challengers.

I think she has a better chance at getting a title fight at 125 then a rematch with Amanda. Schev has beaten all the 125ers there are in the UFC at this point.

Not that i want to see that fight ever again, but she's right for saying the other girls in the division should be pushing to fight Amanda since she doesn't have any fight booked. And if Val and all the other girls are scared, then fk it and give it to her.

I

theres nothing else going in the division? then get rid of it!

Come to think of it, has there ever been a trilogy in UFC wmma?
I'm pretty certain that at the championship level it hasn't.
As decorated as she is, that is one thing she is missing,
Trilogy bout with either Pena or Valentina is the way to go for Nunes.

Back