Julianna Pena Submits Amanda Nunes GIFS

Never in a million years would I have predicted this outcome.

I predicted in some other threads that Pena had zero chance. She would aggressively charge forward and Nunes would beat her down. I was very wrong. :oops:

I am happy to see Pena win.

The true GOAT…
96e00982-1bf0-11ea-8971-922fdc94075f_image_hires_120422.jpg

She absolutely is the GOAT at MMA, but whoever did her makeup in this pic definitely isn't the GOAT cosmetologist.

From that 2nd GIF it doesn't look like Pena is under the chin at all, more of a neck crank or just across the chin. Haven't seen any post fight stuff with Nunes, but I wouldn't be shocked if we hear Pena broke her jaw and that's why she tapped so quickly when the forearm was across her face.

Nunes looked fragile in there, 135 cut is not serving her well nowadays seems like

The greatest MMA moment that ive seen live so far . (only been a fan for a bout 2 1/2 years) . still cant sleep at all

The elbow was under the chin. It was locked.
But without any hooks you can't apply the body - there's no leverage. In that case she could fight the grip by rolling forward (so she doesn't need her arms to hold her up) and grabbing the choking arm. Just looked like she stopped short of doing everything she could but perhaps she was dazed.

Nunes broke after realizing she couldn't sleep Pena who was right there in the pocket throwing hands with her. You can see it on her face....just the look of despair and confusion. And when she got taken down, the utter look of defeat.

Hahaha how will Rogan spin this GOAT talk now?

She tapped quick as fuck too , wasn't even flattened out

I was working so I couldn’t watch but judging by the gifs she jabbed the hell out of nunes. I’m shocked af. Kudos to Pena.

i feel like a lot of people lost money betting last night

Who was the dude Pena was talking to with the headset outside the ring?
Was that Venezuelan tv?

Cyborg would never quit. Just look at her fight with Jorina Baars. Got beat from pillar to post but you couldn’t beat the heart out of her.

Back