Julius Indongo vs Terence Crawford

J

Julius_Caesar

This historic unification fight on August 19th needs more attention. I don't think most know how much of a good match up it is. Indongo is still not very known but from what I've seen I think he COULD be special. I'm not saying he will beat Crawford but I think people are sleeping on him a little just like they did in the Troyanovsky and Ricky Burns fights. The fights free on ESPN in the US and Sky Sports in the UK.

Some training footage of Indongo:

Sick fight. Indongo is good, but Crawford takes it.

Don't sleep on Indongo, I can see him getting stiffed on the cards though.

One of the best fights this year so far, Indongo will have his moments early on but Crawford always grows stronger as the fight progresses, with that said Indongo is going to bring out the best in Crawford, can't wait for wait for this one.

Crawford by late KO

nice to see a fight where crawford doesnt have clear size strength power advantages; an is fighting a guy in his prime, his skills should be enough... but he gonna have to earn this

Shit needs to end in a KO, otherwise Indongo getting robbed if it goes to the scorecards, presuming he does well.

The winner will be the only fully unified champion in boxing (at least for male boxing). Hopefully this gets some attention from fans.

One of the best fights this year so far, Indongo will have his moments early on but Crawford always grows stronger as the fight progresses, with that said Indongo is going to bring out the best in Crawford, can't wait for wait for this one.

Crawford by late KO

I am a big fan of Crawford's. He possesses a lot of great traits, including a killer instinct. What I admire most about his work is his ability to figure his opponents out after a few rounds. Once he does that, he seems to just toy with them. I am not very familiar with Indongo at all, but reading through this thread has be intrigued by the match up. Hoping we see a good competitive fight, and we get to see Crawford tested, because so far he hasn't looked like he has had much trouble with his previous opponents.

Last edited:
I like Crawford to win this one, but Indongo is a tall, lanky, awkward son of a bitch and he'll give Crawford a lot of problems in there. I expect he'll win at least 3 or 4 rounds against Crawford, but ultimately Crawford is too slick and too versatile and he'll earn the UD.

I am a big fan of Crawford's. He possesses a lot of great traits, including a killer instinct. What I admire most about his work is his ability to figure his opponents out after a few rounds. Once he does that, he seems to just toy with them. I am not well familiar with Indongo at all, but reading through this thread has be intrigued by the match up. Hoping we see a good competitive fight, and we get to see Crawford tested, because so far he hasn't looked like he has had much trouble with his previous opponents.
Indongo possesses a busy work rate and excellent conditioning, both of which are enough to test Crawford a little bit, especialy since no one he's fought at 140 has had those traits, he is also significantly bigger than Crawford so it may or may not matter, Dulorme and Postol where much bigger and Crawford just toyed with them, but he does lack experience against world class opposition so it could turn out to be another dominating performance by Bud, just the unifying of the titles and the undefeated records on the line makes this a must see.

I am not well familiar with Indongo at all
No ones really that familiar with Indongo yet and that's why it confuses me that so many people are writing him off. He still is big mystery. A dangerous undefeated mystery who does this to undefeated prospects:

I want to see the fight, Indongo looks solid, but he beat a prospect and old man Ricky Burns, and I do expect Crawford to win, maybe even easy again, but I'm hopeful for a great fight.

DONGO FEAST

a guy who is going to have a chance agasint crawford will have to have ko power in both hands, which the limited indongo does not.

a 140 pound version of gervontae davis would have a good shot.

It's the most meaningful fight on paper (that'll be recorded in the history books) that we've had in what seems like an eternity (more than 10 years), even if most fans don't know who Indongo is. Maybe this will motivate other titlists to attempt to fully unify their divisions and look to become undisputed champions.

Indongo is a good fighter. He's a very big rangy dude (frame, height & reach), hits harder than his numbers reflect, is awkward and not shy about traveling in order to fight the best in his division. Crawford is the man at 140 and isn't taking him lightly. Crawford should beat him handily, but, Indongo does have a combination of physical advantages and an awkward style to go with it that can't be outright ignored.

Winner takes all: The legitimate Lineal World Championship (The Ring's & the TBRB's versions) + Full WBA (Super), WBC, IBF, WBO world titles & the IBO minor world title.

Last edited:
Finally a true World Championship!!!!
What are you blabbering about. There's been many lineal championships change hands over the last few years. If you think indongo (I guarantee you can't name an opponent without google) is finally a world title fight start watching synchronised diving.

Finally a true World Championship!!!!
2017 so far has been very good but yeah Crawford-Indongo is probably the best fight of the year to get made, hopefully it lives up to its hype that it creating here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back