Junie Browning is missing, last seen in Florida and homeless

Hope he's found and straightens his life out. If he came along about 10 years later, maybe he could've moved to bareknuckle. I don't know if he would've been stable enough to take it seriously, though.

Now that I think about it--a guy who fought at 170 who's now 38 and hasn't fought in years? I'm surprised Jake Paul hasn't called him out.

This.

I'm all for benefits, pension, something more than what's there now.

But, same with any job, there has to be some baselines to qualify. Years of service, total bouts, something. Doesn't make sense for every last person that steps in the cage to qualify, nor is that what happens in the other sports that were given as examples.

Edit: And I just realized I'm replying to an ancient thread lol
Yes, if you could back to UFC 1, there are hundreds and maybe thousands of fighters...some of whom only fought once or twice. It would be the same burden for Bellator and other orgs. And what about defunct orgs like Strikeforce...do they have to keep supporting fighters as well?

hopefully someone chimes in with a happy ending or something. two months later, still nothing?

Yup. Unfortunately, fighting for the UFC is not a career, it is an opportunity, at least according to Uncle Fester. There needs to be a tax on events that funds health care and other services for fighters after their "opportunity" is over. Of course, it won't happen without legislative action, and those guys don't actually care about anything except lining their pockets.
They should be held up to the same standards as any other business.

As long as he does not hurt anyone else or commit crimes, it seems he wants to be left alone. I say let him be. He must be in his mid to late 30’s by now and it’s time for him to man up and take responsibility for his actions.
Just pull himself up by his bootstraps, am I right? That boy just needs to MAN UP. AM I FUCKIN RIGHT?

Talented fighter but a mental midget. He was constantly posting stuff about how he wanted to die on social media because his ex fucked him over.

Shame because deep down from what I could tell he has a good heart but his mind pulls him back 2 steps for every 1 he takes forward.

Nah, you can't give endless support to people who do a pro sport for a few years. Very few are good or dedicated enough to have long careers. You're welcome to fund them yourself, though.
People just need a scapegoat whenever a former fighter has misfortune. Dana & the UFC is always to blame, it's getting to the point a lot people like yourself are noticing it more & more. The people blaming the UFC are the same who complain about fighter pay are the very same who demean fighters and stream fights illegally, support none of the fighters in question. It's embarrassing and tiresome

Reactions: mkt
While your post is fundamentally correct, I would challenge the fact that Lebel was gifted with many opportunities such as working closely with Randy and Dana did give him favorable match ups to make sure he could win. I mean his UFC debut was Jason Thacker and no disrespect but this fight was failproof. From there, Leben gained momentum. That and he was on a 4 fight losing streak but never got cut by the UFC but only retired himself.

Chris got favorable match ups + he was on a 4 fight losing streak and yet he himself decided to retire as oppose to getting cut. He got more treatment than Junie. Was a trouble maker in the house, jumped over the wall and left the house and did NOT get kicked out and when he lost to Kos he still talked shit and still got returned to the house and then lost to Kenny Florian who is like 2 weight classes smaller than him and it was a stoppage.

So while its true that afterwards he did went on to do great things. It was because Randy took a pity on him and took him under his wing and gave him non stop personal training sessions + a teaching job when he went from team quest to opening Xtreme couture.

Meanwhile Junie was being mentored by Shawn but Shawn passed away suddenly all while he was in the beginning of his UFC career which messed him up and he was 1-1 when he was cut which was not fair since Leben kept losing fight but not getting cut.

I agree with everything you said but with Junie, he was barely in the UFC but he had an impact on the UFC and did bring tons of viewership to the UFC. For example we know that an average light heavyweight could kick Conors ass but professional fighting is not about who is the best fighter but rather which fighter has a more colorful, relatable personality that we the audience can relate to.

Junie had that effect on the audience and many people struggle with problems and are not this perfectly portrayed characters seen on TV. Junie showed to be very human because he showed vulnerabilities.
Junie had no impact on the UFC. He was known purely for making an ass of himself. Whatever Leben did was nothing compared to what Junie did. They brought him just to see if he could do anything and he got beat by the first real fighter they put him in there with,and considered the experiment over. Thank God.

That being said I hope he turns his life around.

I was never a fan of Junies antics on TuF but on a base human level I understand dealing with Drug addiction and Mental Health problems on a very personal level. He deserves help if he is willing to take it. I own Dual diagnosis Drug and Alcohol treatment facilities in the Los Angeles area. I would be willing to scholarship him (free treatment) if any Sher-sleuths track him down. Send me a private message and I will help get him out here to LA and provide him with care.

I once was lost in the grips of addiction and alcoholism but sobriety gave me the greatest gift that I never knew I wanted in the first place.

www.elysiumhealthcare.com

Surprise he's still alive. Last I heard he was on the run from authorities or gang members in Thailand a few years back.

Back