Media Junior Dos Santos rustled up over Gane hammerfist on Tuivasa

JDS didn't get hit in the back of the head, or at least not the area that's officially an illegal striking zone.

I hope the NFL way of debating a play in slow motion never happens in mma, especially like DQs where you give the loser a W. It is a sport where fighters fighting 2x a year are "active". However Gane even though maybe his strikes were legal is still cutting it close to an illegal strike and needs to pick his shots better.

That is different though, as they are facing each other, there is no way one can target the back of the head. It's like head kicks where the foot wraps around the back of the skull.

But when JDS finished Lewis, not only he did exactly what Gane did but he did it twice in a row. I posted the video earlier in the thread.
Wether it's targeted or not,its difficult to avoid hitting it

Smh.
It's not illegal to hit the back of the head.
It's illegal to aim and hit the back of the head.

If I throw a right hook as you duck forward and I clip the back of your head that's not illegal. You moved yourself into that position as I was throwing my punch.

It was definitely an illegal shot.
Yeah, Tai was getting the shit kicked out of him.
But it was still an illegal shot.
Nothing gonna change that.

Lol. JDS should retire. He great run but he should really stfu.

old bald bastard still salty because he got cut by the UFC after he became a punching bag for any decent heavyweight

I respect JDS, even if I don't always agree with him. I saw one hit to the back of the head in the Gane-Tuivasa fight, but it did not seem like an intentional foul - rather it was part of the onslaught of a finishing sequence. I vaguely remember JDS-Gane but I don't recall there being fight-altering blows to back of the head (despite what JDS said).

It was definitely an illegal shot.
Yeah, Tai was getting the shit kicked out of him.
But it was still an illegal shot.
Nothing gonna change that.
Its hard not to do it though in the heat of a fight.

He is right about the back of the head blow. It happened. I like Gane a lot, his personal and fighting styles, but I watched it live and he did it, unfortunately. He was going to win regardless, Tuivasa was being beaten, but it happened and it's wrong.

JDS is the expert in hitting behind the back of the head because he did it to Cain and finished him without any regards if hit the spine or not. JDS the meaning of hypocrisy
oBNRkbK.gif

Out of hespect for JDS i'll just keep my mouth shut. For now. He better let it go though

Yeah it hits him right in the back of the head though,just like everyone except you would think

You never heard the common saying it hit him "behind the ear"? Go look in the mirror, technically it could be seen as the back of the head. But in MMA it's not.
I was talking to some Pride FC prick on here recently and he kept posting this picture:
Illegal_Striking_Zones_PIC.jpg

Although I still think the center area is ridiculously narrow, it basicely means you are allowed to hit the side of the temple and even behind the ear as they call it. That's where Hunt got hit.

Except when it's against a former Pride fighter though, then it's illegal.

Back