JURASSIC WORLD: DOMINION (Premieres June 9, 2022; Dragonlord's Rating)

If you have seen JURASSIC WORLD: DOMINION, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
I haven't seen it yet but I'm very disappointed (not surprised though) that it is receiving such bad reviews. I don't know what is so difficult about making a good sequel but they just seem incapable of doing so. It really bothers me too because the first movie is my favorite and had such an impact on my childhood and love for dinosaurs.

I'm not going to cancel my tickets over it though, I'll judge it for myself when I see it next week. Unfortunately, this weekend is really busy for me and I won't see it until Wednesday in Imax. Hopefully with such low expectations it will at the very least be stupid entertainment.
Cancel the tickets. I wanted to like it but to be honest it’s just boring . Not even entertainingly bad , but just boring sadly

I gave it a 5 but would have picked 4.5 if that was an option. And a 4.5 is me being very generous.

Movie was not bad but a big let down. Below average. The previous ones were better.

Something about it seemed low budget to me, not the effects or set design or actors ofcourse but the story. The antagonist had very little going for him and his crew; almost like they were an afterthought.

Last edited:
They explain why somehow in 2022 with all modern tech fat ass lizards are supposed to conquer earth, when i'm pretty sure ancient romans level of tech would have been enough to whipe them out?
I remember hearing something about the dinosaurs being the end of humanity in one of the trailers and that was enough for me to opt out. Zombies, aliens, viruses, magic, demons, obesity, a bad rash, or just about anything else is more believe as an extinction level threat than some dumb animals killing us off one by one. Just a dumb proposition.

Also the end where different species form groups is just corny. The large prehistoric apex marine predator just chilling with blue whales was especially idiotic.

I almost fell asleep a few times. There is really no reason for this movie to have been made. It tells no story and relies entirely on nostalgia that falls flat. It just really felt like a very, very lazy attempt.

I will say some of the dinosaur types were cool but most of it is a complete retread of things we’ve seen before.

The dinosaurs look worse because they're full CGI now. In the original, a lot of the shots were real models. The T-Rex was a mix; sometimes model, sometimes CG, which helped the CGI shots for lighting and stuff because they had some actual model shots filmed to base off of.

There's a pretty quick in depth look at it on YouTube, I think the guys from Corridor Digital.

The Jurassic Park episode in The Movies That Made Us on Netflix is a great watch.

They explain why somehow in 2022 with all modern tech fat ass lizards are supposed to conquer earth, when i'm pretty sure ancient romans level of tech would have been enough to whipe them out?
Dude , are you still butt hurt about Kong getting his ass kicked by godzilla?
I didn't hear anything in the movie about Dinosaurs taking over the World in the movie

Last edited:
I'll give it a 7/10. It seemed like the jw trilogy felt
Like a giant fan service .
Dominion had a few good acción sequences like the malta scene and the scene with the mosasaurus attacking the crab fishermen on the bering sea but, overall dominion felt flat .i did like addition of dimetridon and therizosaurusand the return of the dilphosaurus but dominion seemed flat overall .i still like it better than fallen kindom. I'm also getting tired of the whole " genétic engineering is far too dangereous" narrative.
I think the jp franchise has run it's course

Last edited:
Dude , are you still butt hurt about Kong getting his ass kicked by godzilla?
I didn't hear anything in the movie about Dinosaurs taking over the World in the movie
That crime will never be forgiven

Btw still did'nt seen the movie yet (i'm asking for this reason), but title literally say "world dominion" and trailer have usual bunch of super worried humans, so guess it's a fair question lol

I remember hearing something about the dinosaurs being the end of humanity in one of the trailers and that was enough for me to opt out. Zombies, aliens, viruses, magic, demons, obesity, a bad rash, or just about anything else is more believe as an extinction level threat than some dumb animals killing us off one by one. Just a dumb proposition.

- How zombies are belieaveble? If zombies doesn't exist. The human body enters decomposition seconds after dying and zombies are stupid. They wond't be able to execute hunting tatics like carcharodontosaurus. Zombies are stupid and the biggest cans in cinema.

Dinosaurs wond't kill the mankind, because some of them are quite big and easy to avoid, we have guns and if all that fail, we can just pet them!

Just like Jurrassic Park OG. The first was great........ the second just sucked as novelty was gone, the 3rd was boring at first but a decade later I actually like the 3rd better than the first 2.

Thos movie my friends saw and just said it's total dog shit. I might see ifcthe kids want to but it will beca megs let down after the greatness of Top Gun

- How zombies are belieaveble? If zombies doesn't exist. The human body enters decomposition seconds after dying and zombies are stupid. They wond't be able to execute hunting tatics like carcharodontosaurus. Zombies are stupid and the biggest cans in cinema.

Dinosaurs wond't kill the mankind, because some of them are quite big and easy to avoid, we have guns and if all that fail, we can just pet them!
Go on Twitter and write "men can't be women", then get back to me about zombies. Don't like that? How about rabies or that weird fungus that takes over ants minds.

Sure the big lumbering beasts could pose issues. But nowhere near threat to humanity levels.

As much as I Love a fun dumb movie, I'm actually skipping this one, specifically because I want the taste of TOP GUN: MAVERICK to linger in my brain longer as my most recent cinema experience. I will probably even go catch it again in IMAX before it leaves.

And meanwhile if I do get the overwhelming urge for dinosaurs, I'll just throw the original Spielberg up on the widescreen in surround, a movie that never gets old.

Jurassic Park is the combination of all the things I find boring.

Dinosaurs
Spielberg
Spectacle over story
CGI

i liked the 2015 movie because it had the kids dynamic.

once they removed the children and just made it about chris pratt vs the dinosaurs, a lot of the stakes and mystique of "whats going to happen" are gone

jurassic world was a fun summer popcorn flick that a family could enjoy. i remember when i saw fallen kingdom i fell asleep in the theater.

That crime will never be forgiven

Btw still did'nt seen the movie yet (i'm asking for this reason), but title literally say "world dominion" and trailer have usual bunch of super worried humans, so guess it's a fair question lol
Yeah , I thought that was the direction the plot would go based on the trailers but the movie takes a weird turn. I'm not sure I would reccomend it . You might not enjoy it unless you like the original jp.

Last edited:
Just like Jurrassic Park OG. The first was great........ the second just sucked as novelty was gone, the 3rd was boring at first but a decade later I actually like the 3rd better than the first 2.

Thos movie my friends saw and just said it's total dog shit. I might see ifcthe kids want to but it will beca megs let down after the greatness of Top Gun
Is the new top gun good? Ive been thinking about seeing it but I still havent decided

Is the new top gun good? Ive been thinking about seeing it but I still havent decided
It was phenomenal definitely check it out.

Can somebody tell me if blue and the baby die cuz I can’t see it unless I know they’re safe beforehand lol

Yeah , I thought that was the direction the plot would go based on the trailers but the movie takes a weird turn. I'm not sure I would reccomend it . You might not enjoy it unless you like the original jp.
I consider the original JP a very great movie (probably the one that impressed me most at cinema, back in the time was incredible), sequels got me bored

Felt like were all variants of same shit, but the idea of dinosaurs ending up around the world and maybe interact with normal animals feels good idea, would also be cool how different cultures would handle the coexistence... but by the trailer did'nt got much of that, more like "omg fucking dinosaurs we're doomed" lol

Back