Just Completed My Home Gym! *Pics*

yeah I agree with everyone, that is a really nice home setup! Hopefully one day I will have enough money to do something like this, thumbs up.

Amazing!! If I had a friend that had that, I'd be real nice to him!

kying418 said:
Hi,

I saw your thread about your home gym- super nice!

Quick question for you- did you get the 1" zebra puzzle mats? If so, are they thick enough for takedowns, given your sub flooring?

If I didnt have a sub flooring, and just laid it on top of wooden floors or concrete, do you think it would be sufficient?

Thanks,
Kon

There's just no way an 1'' mat from either Zebra or GetRung will be capable of accepting a full on crash. The sub-flooring needs to happen with only 1'' of mat and a hard floor. I've even spoke with a BJJ school that has purchased GetRung mats and use them on concrete and they say it's too harsh to do full throws on them.

The extra .25'' provided by the Dollamur FlexiRoll mat makes a world of difference, but Dollamur feels like it's angry rubber that constantly pulls and tears at your skin. This is the mat one of my gyms use, and it has fantastic shock absorbancy.

I was sent a sample of GreatMats 1.5/8'' MMA Mat and they felt as though they could lay on top of concrete without a subfloor. I can't say this for sure, but I do know it'd be easier to install.

Again, I do not recommend 1'' mats without a sub floor. If you do choose them, GetRung has more give, is softer, but may not last as long in the long run. Zebra has a lot of events they provide mats for, then sell off to the nearest bidder. So if you're near one of their events you can pick them up for cheap. They have a newsletter for this.

Hope this help. Feel free to ask any other questions.

Hey Law,

I was wondering how you hung up your thai bag? I just bought a Fairtex banana bag and I'm trying to figure ways to hang it. Thanks!

Hey Law,

I was wondering how you hung up your thai bag? I just bought a Fairtex banana bag and I'm trying to figure ways to hang it. Thanks!

It's a 100lb bag anchored to two different 2x4's with three different 1/2 inch bolts. Anything heavier than 100lb is where I'd recommend spreading the base to three different beams.

I'll take pics when I get home.

whysoserious and Ares.420, I'll get back to you.

Nice, I will be working on my home gym next year. Can't wait

340571_155611727911593_1355020441_o.jpg

theres mine

Last edited:
Back