Just found out Karo has the most career takedowns of any UFC fighter. He's at 53...

Joe Stevenson has to have more than 53. he is an MMA take down machine and has 40 fights

Karo actually has a higher success rate shooting doubles than he does throws, if you only include takedowns where he stays on top.

More than Travis Fulton?

I'm a big Karo and Judo fan, but one of the reason he probably has so many takedowns is the guy he takes down often gets up within 10 seconds.

More than Travis Fulton?

I'm a big Karo and Judo fan, but one of the reason he probably has so many takedowns is the guy he takes down often gets up within 10 seconds.

Don't taint our nuthugging with logic my dear sir

They don't get up he lets them up so he can throw them again

Wow- i would have though Sean Sherk or someone with a bigger record or more fights.

I think this is just in the UFC and not worldwide. Otherwise if Dan Severn, Travis Fulton and Jeremy Horn had just one takedown in all their fights they'd easily beat him.

There's no way that 53 is the biggest number of career takedowns in MMA. No way.

Sounds to me like Karo has given up the most career escapes, too. Wouldn't it be better to take people down and keep them there?

53 in 1 career seems...really low.

Am I over-estimating the amount of takedowns people do?

BS I'vs watched dan severn score over 20 live and I haven't been to that many of his fights

Imagine if Tito let ppl get up all the time, he'd be going for a WR!

Did some research. Fedor has 70 career takedowns.

Karo has had 24 fights. 53 is JUST his record for his UFC fights.

If you count the Shonie WEC fight, he's at 60.

If you count his other first eleven fights, he's at 100-110.

Hmm, is there a link to a list or something? That's an interesting stat. I wonder what Hughes is at in the UFC?

Back