Just got my Bas Rutten Cd's. . . . HOLY ****!!!

Is this thread about the old Bas tapes or the "new" Bas tapes?

I'd love to get this in mp3 and put it on my player when I hit the bag.

Too bad I don't have a hanging bag over my mat.

I love doing them! I hate hearing "defense" like 4 times in a row. Also hate hearing the "stay down" haha but it works well. my recovery times are way up. Big thumbs up to Bas and his cd's!

you guys think these would be good to incoperate into a boxing class i'm teaching.

I just got done doing the Boxing two minute tape for the first time, and I am happy to say that I finished all 10 rounds.
It's a great work out, and I can definitely improve technique, and sustain more power in my punches in the latter stages of the tape.

Again, thanks to the contributions in this thread, otherwise I wouldn't of got around to buying the tapes.

I recently received my copies of the Bas workout cd's and I absolutely agree they are a great workout. I am just able to get through the boxing drills but by my next fight I am going to push myself to be able to comple the thai boxing disc and maybe the all around fight one too. I have to give big thanks to this thread as it was the reason I ended up ordering the discs in the first place.

I just ordered the system. I cant wait to get started. Does Bas outline how often you should do each workout?

I don't recall any info on that. I personally used them 3-4 times a week when i was losing weight initially, and every other day for my current fight prep (3-5 rounds of the All Around Fighting CD.)
I need to reorder. I can't find my boxing CD and my Thai Boxing CD skips on Rd 2. I didn't notice this until I threw something like 7 "A three and a two"s in a row. Can't complain. I've gotten plenty of use out of them.

I don't recall any info on that. I personally used them 3-4 times a week when i was losing weight initially, and every other day for my current fight prep (3-5 rounds of the All Around Fighting CD.)
I need to reorder. I can't find my boxing CD and my Thai Boxing CD skips on Rd 2. I didn't notice this until I threw something like 7 "A three and a two"s in a row. Can't complain. I've gotten plenty of use out of them.

Finn, these really helped with your weight loss? I have the cd's around here somewhere and used them a few times and never really used them again, although they did kick my ass.

Oh yeah, they helped tons. Doing 7-14 rounds (7 for the bag, 14 just shadowboxing) 3 times a week and the All Around Workout once a week is basically what I used to lose 60lbs.

Oh yeah, they helped tons. Doing 7-14 rounds (7 for the bag, 14 just shadowboxing) 3 times a week and the All Around Workout once a week is basically what I used to lose 60lbs.

Very impressive. I'm looking to do just about that. Any suggestions or anything you can send me?

When he says go 100%, do it. Try to keep it at least above 80% intensity for the entire round. If that means you can only make it four rounds, that's fine. Skip round 5 and go 100% on rounds 6 and 7 or skip every other round, etc.
Hitting the heavybag or pads is much, much more taxing than just shadowboxing. Don't be suprised if it humbles you.
Eat! Be sure you have the fuel on hand to get through the workouts.

When he says go 100%, do it. Try to keep it at least above 80% intensity for the entire round. If that means you can only make it four rounds, that's fine. Skip round 5 and go 100% on rounds 6 and 7 or skip every other round, etc.
Hitting the heavybag or pads is much, much more taxing than just shadowboxing. Don't be suprised if it humbles you.
Eat! Be sure you have the fuel on hand to get through the workouts.

I wish I had a punching bag :mad:

great workouts.

You have to push yourself to punch as hard as you can each combo to really push the cardio.

after reading these threads i should get my order into gear on order them, whats the best place for us brits to order from sherdog or bas "s site :

keeping good form while hitting with power is good too...brings a whole new dimension to the workout...

...if you can get to the 4th or 5th round without being out of breath and dripping puddles of sweat, you aren't going hard enough. Or you're in top shape.

Intense workout... I try to at least get to the 6th round.

So far been at it for 2 weeks @ 3 days/week, and have lost around 5lbs/week.

Great stuff.

Awesome stuff, man. Did you see the testimonials thread Bas made? Keep track of your progress.

Back