Just got my Bas Rutten Cd's. . . . HOLY ****!!!

Thread bump to say...holy shit

"If you're not tired, do some shadow boxing"

Probably the only time I dare to shout "FUCK YOOOU RUTTEN!!"

i just got one of these

century-fitness-original-wavemaster-free-standing-bag.jpg

I am going to use bas rutten cd's on this bag tomorrow. But i dont have gloves... yet so im worried im gonna hurt myself. oh well.. we'll see what happens. I will try just to do thai boxing with it, & if its not too hard, i will do all around fighting next time.

i heard there was a new version of this coming out. anyone know?

They should be coming out pretty soon. I think he is gonna have an infomercial to launch it.

Yeah, there was a thread on here where Bas was asking for people to send before and after pictures of themselves to help advertise it.

I think one of the S&P guys was chosen in the end - can't remember his name though. Possibly 'finnigan' or something? Guy used to look like a drunken viking but trimmed down to a fighters build and won his first fight recently

EDIT: Found it

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=714777

Yeah, there was a thread on here where Bas was asking for people to send before and after pictures of themselves to help advertise it.

I think one of the S&P guys was chosen in the end - can't remember his name though. Possibly 'finnigan' or something? Guy used to look like a drunken viking but trimmed down to a fighters build and won his first fight recently

EDIT: Found it

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=714777

Yeah, that would be finnegan. And he not only won, he completely dominated the other guy. Fight should have been stopped at least once, probably twice before it actually was.

I've been using the Bas tapes since the fall, and have had great results.

I use the 3-minute Thai tape, and do the first 2 rounds shadowboxing, then move onto the bag. It helps a lot with bag work as having Bas Ruttens voice makes it easier to push yourself for solo workouts.

Yeah, that would be finnegan. And he not only won, he completely dominated the other guy. Fight should have been stopped at least once, probably twice before it actually was.

Probably the best advertising for Bas there is, really. "I did this workout and beat a man half to death". Props to Finnegan

I'm not a fighter (just a serious hobbiest), but the Rutten sessions make sure I don't 'cruise' on the bag. Only been at it about a month and while I'm not exactly a cardio machine, my recovery has gone through the roof. I'm blowing snot and dying at the end of a round, but when the start of the next round comes round I'm up and ready to go.

Still only managing about 5-6 rounds of the 3 min Thai workout, but 3 weeks ago I was dying after 6 x 2min boxing so there is definate improvement.

I haven't tried the MMA or all round workout yet - that will probably kick my ass unlike anything has before...

its a great workout.

all round fighting/workout was the hardest.
i could go 7x 3min thaiboxing and thought i could try the all round workout. wrong , i stopped after 15 min because i nearly had to puke. that was a few years ago. now i do it regularly 3x a week.

best workout eva on cd

Anyone know when the new version will be out?

I'll get the new version, don't fancy coughing up now if it's just around the corner.

I sometimes do a "round-less" training like the KB classes at my gym (yeah, there's girls in it, but at full power I get good and tired, and have some nice "scenery" while I take a 10-sec. breathing break)...

...in between rounds, esp. when Bas dares to tell you to do shadowboxing during your break, do a calisthenic ex., like 10 push ups or 10 burpees, or 20 crunches and bicycles or 20 V-ups with a medicine ball, alternating legs and slamming it in to your shins (my favorite ab routine). You still get a little break, and vary the routine.

i am sorry but how u guys have so much time to do the workout and still train at the gym?

how do have time? A 7 three minute round workout on the bag only takes 30 minutes. You can't find an extra 30 minutes in your week to do a great workout? This is a great workout that you should make time to do. I prefer to do the thai boxing on the thai pads, its killer.

i already train twice a day. 4 days a week and the other 2 days i train once a day and sunday is day off. i mean if u are already at the gym hitting pads and doing what you are suppose to be doing. how u guys still have the energy and time?

i had to kinda give up lifting weights because i think i was overdoing it and i was getting sick.

and also i didn't know it 7 3 min round cd. i was just assuming its some big workout cause u guys were saying it was 4 dvd and 1 cd

thankx for the review, i think ill get them now.... gotta love bas

for those w/ the DVD, what does it have?

i found a good price on these but the guy is missing the DVD. he says there isn't much on it anyway.

Back