Just had my first kickboxing match! (Vid inside)

Maximus100

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sherbro's, had my first kickboxing match three weeks ago. Want to share the footage with you guys. I'm the guy in the red Twins shorts.

I did win the match on points. I felt a little bad I didn't put him away but overall I liked my performance. Let me know what you think, there are always things to learn.

Nice man keep up the good work. I like the beard, jab, and low kick

Sherbro's, had my first kickboxing match three weeks ago. Want to share the footage with you guys. I'm the guy in the red Twins shorts.

I did win the match on points. I felt a little bad I didn't put him away but overall I liked my performance. Let me know what you think, there are always things to learn.

giphy.gif

Wow your opponent was a total spazz. You did great tho!

Congrats, you did very well. Btw how old are you and how long have you been training?

Good composure. I was surprised the ref didn't stop it because he easily could have for the entire last minute.

Your opponent's body language was outright begging for the ref to put an end to it

Why did conor take out his tattoos and take growth hormones to get taller while getting skinnier?

Congrats, you did very well. Btw how old are you and how long have you been training?

I'm 22 and I've been training kickboxing for a couple of years with some long lay offs and some periods of training just once a week. Since last may twice a week and in the 7 weeks prior to the fight 4x per week kickboxing and 2x cardio.

Before taking kickboxing more seriously I was mostly lifting. Was very bulky in last july, went from 95 kg to 75kg on weigh in day.

rofl wow who was that guy? Huge winding punches, zero technique. I'm glad you saw through his guard and started throwing uppercuts. I think you should throw more low kicks instead of head kicks though.

I knew you were red from the thumbnail before reading your comment. GJ brother.

I'm 22 and I've been training kickboxing for a couple of years with some long lay offs and some periods of training just once a week. Since last may twice a week and in the 7 weeks prior to the fight 4x per week kickboxing and 2x cardio.

Before taking kickboxing more seriously I was mostly lifting. Was very bulky in last july, went from 95 kg to 75kg on weigh in day.

I'm 22, i had long lay offs, i train a few times a week sometimes. are you me from another universe? Are you my alter ego? Or maybe just maybe your mystique in disguise.

Excellent work for your first fight! No shinguards or headgear either? I thought in Amsterdam there would be a C,B,A class type system.

Anywho, the good - Composure. pressure. Uppercuts. People need to throw more of them (I don't think i through one until my 3rd fight).
Keepin your right hand up since he was throwing Left FUCK YOU "hooks". It would have been good to get him to miss all together (head movement) since he was throwing wild, but your guard was pretty good.

Things to work on -
More double jabs! And Teeps! Being the longer guy against a "spaz" you could have shut down half his shit with more long range/direct attacks. Esp. a defensive teep. That would have opened him up for head shots. Your lead hook was looking good here though.

More LEG KICKS. I am a huge fan of them, esp in the first round. The kicks you did throw were pretty good; you did one outside, then one inside (2:51 of the video) and they scored really well. That would have been a good thing to keep going with.

You chased him around along the ropes, instead of cutting him off. Super relatable as I did the exact same thing my first fight, pretty much at the same period of the fight. Cut him off and take your time a bit more. That will come with some more experience.

All said, you did really well. You clearly won and in lots of ammy shows I've been to I seen the ref stop it in similar situations. That guy was done.

For first match this is beautiful perormance.
Kicks with knee delivered too slow...
Congratulations, if you are 22 years young, then you have many years for good achievments in kickboxing. Keep up, good luck.

rofl wow who was that guy? Huge winding punches, zero technique. I'm glad you saw through his guard and started throwing uppercuts. I think you should throw more low kicks instead of head kicks though.

I knew you were red from the thumbnail before reading your comment. GJ brother.
Your average kickboxer. You should see my weight class. (superheavyweight) I've got my first kickboxing match this weekend and am a little disappointed that I likely won't see real competition..

Your average kickboxer. You should see my weight class. (superheavyweight) I've got my first kickboxing match this weekend and am a little disappointed that I likely won't see real competition..

I really love how your AV looks like the illustration on the side of a late 80's arcade machine

You got your:

☑ Massive Bodybuilding Tank in the back left, wearing a signature 80's lifting top. All slams and throws and meat-hammer fists. Always there to back up his buddy in the front, and because he loves nothing more than an opportunity to brawl

☑ All Arounder in the front, very balanced technique-wise probably trying to find/help mysterious kidnapped sister/brother twins we saw abducted onto the cargo hold of a jumbo jet in the opening scenes, probably does some crazy flashy kick moves that clear the screen. [Out of frame] - blue or red kickboxing pants with a contrasting blue or red stripe down the side. Shadow Corp picked the wrong dude to threaten this time

☑ Young scrapper in the back right. Probably does kung-fu and holds people while kicking them instead of throwing them- finishes with a single kick to the face. Might have a nasty futuristic yo-yo, probably wearing jeans and generic all-stars. Usually a lone wolf, he's here because his family has a historic score to settle with the evil gang/corporation that recently tangled with the guy in the front

Last edited:
I really love how your AV looks like the illustration on the side of a late 80's arcade machine

You got your:

☑ Massive Bodybuilding Tank in the back left, wearing a signature 80's lifting top. All slams and throws and meat-hammer fists. Always there to back up his buddy in the front, and because he loves nothing more than an opportunity to brawl

☑ All Arounder in the front, very balanced technique-wise probably trying to find/help mysterious kidnapped sister/brother twins we saw abducted onto the cargo hold of a jumbo jet in the opening scenes, probably does some crazy flashy kick moves that clear the screen. [Out of frame] - blue or red kickboxing pants with a contrasting blue or red stripe down the side. Shadow Corp picked the wrong dude to threaten this time

☑ Young scrapper in the back right. Probably does kung-fu and holds people while kicking them instead of throwing them- finishes with a single kick to the face. Might have a nasty futuristic yo-yo, probably wearing jeans and generic all-stars. Usually a lone wolf, he's here because his family has a historic score to settle with the evil gang/corporation that recently tangled with the guy in the front
Lmao. That's hilarious. If someone wants to use me for videogame artwork consider permission granted.

But the funny thing is the big ginger is me. I'm a heavyweight. But I'm the guy with the flashy kicks. Hell if anything im not powerful for my weight. The guy in the middle is one of my coaches and the last guy is the bodybuilder.

You look good..conditioning wise you threw alot of strikes and went all three rounds, your opponent was GASSED

Theres some techniques to inprove on but thatll come in time,your uppercuts and straight right in particular but your kicks and lead hand look good

As to your comments about not getting a finish , i saw atleast a few times a standing 8 count or a stoppage could of taken place, i think the ref was being very relaxed in calling the fight..

Good work, keep training and fighting i hope to be posting some stuff up soon of myself!

Congrats on the win..how did you feel after? How did you celebrate

I also loved the music , that was playing during the fight ahah

Back