Just rewatched Diaz vs condit.

It was just such a fucking underwhelming shit fight vs what we expected.

I literally got a group of non-mma fans together to watch this event promising it would deliver and I still shake my head looking back at it.

Lost alot of respect for conduct. He was known as the natural born killer. He would fight like a rabid wolverine in previous fights .

Diaz turned him into a soft point fighter. In interviews conduct regretted fighting the way he did to get a title shot .

It was a boring fight from what I recall, but blaming Condit is borderline retarded. Then you might as well take Floyd out of GOAT contention and actually call his dogshit because he was exciting and didn't finish people.

It was a classic Jackson-Wink point kickboxing style though and it sucked for sure to watch. Idk. Is Diaz free from blame too? Haven't seen it in awhile but I would think of Romero-Izzy of recent memory...both guys are to blame.

*clarify, blaming him to the level of discrediting him

It was a boring fight from what I recall, but blaming Condit is borderline retarded. Then you might as well take Floyd out of GOAT contention and actually call his dogshit because he was exciting and didn't finish people.

It was a classic Jackson-Wink point kickboxing style though and it sucked for sure to watch. Idk. Is Diaz free from blame too? Haven't seen it in awhile but I would think of Romero-Izzy of recent memory...both guys are to blame.
Diaz just isn't a particularly good fighter. If his opponent doesn't do exactly what he wants he's useless

Diaz just isn't a particularly good fighter. If his opponent doesn't do exactly what he wants he's useless

That's a bit much for me. He was never elite-amazing-awesome as a fighter, but he was good to very good. He was just particularly weak to wrestlers

maxresdefault.jpg

That fight, Ngannou vs. Black Beast, Izzy vs. Romero.

Top 3 most disappointing fights in my time watching MMA.

MMA is so damn unpredictable.

It wasn’t a horrible fight but it wasn’t what was expected. If Nick was better at cutting off the cage then he’d have won more convincingly, but Diaz 1, 2, 5 regardless.

Lost alot of respect for conduct. He was known as the natural born killer. He would fight like a rabid wolverine in previous fights .

Diaz turned him into a soft point fighter. In interviews conduct regretted fighting the way he did to get a title shot .
Diaz didn't turn him soft, the stakes were high. It was for a title shot and Condit did what he needed to do to get the win. He still soundly outstruck Diaz over the course of 5 rounds.

One of the most legendary cases of “OMG, the guy who didn’t walk into counters and play into his opponent’s strengths ruined the fight!”

Takes 2 to tango. Blaming your opponent for not playing your game doesn’t win fights.

Last edited:
I was disappointed in how Condit approached the fight but I liked the fight overall. It's just a shame because it should have been a lot better.

Back