Just started rewatching The Wire again - Forgot how GOAT tier it is!

The Sopranos vs The Wre

• The Sopranos

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • The Wire

Votes: 37 69.8%
  • I simply cannot decide and am going to take the easy way out and not pick one

Votes: 6 11.3%

• Total voters
Nothing about the wire deals with the mafia.

Organized crime and gangster stuff? Yes. Mafia and wiseguys no. The mafia/Cosa Nostra is strictly Italian
yea
but they are a criminal organization
seems dumb to just simplify it to I wanna see eyetals

if the actual criminal stuff is what you are interested in

if you wanna see class struggle and sociological issues related to identity and assimilation then sopranos is your show

I thought both Prez and Kima had compelling and satisfying story arcs that are never really talked about, which is a shame.
When the kids ask Prez to teach them the odds of dice and he has this "a-ha" moment as to how to more effectively teach them math is such a subtle but gratifying scene.

If not my favorite show of all time, it's very close.

Great show until S4.
WTF are you talking about? Season 4 is the best season imo. Definitely the most critically acclaimed one at the very least.

The writing in the wire, the dialogue, acting were all top tier. Considering how layered and rich the Wire was with its storytelling and characters, it is quite possibly the greatest show of all time.

WTF are you talking about? Season 4 is the best season imo. Definitely the most critically acclaimed one at the very least.
The show lost something for me once the Barksdale crew was taken out and I didn't like the school stuff.

Back