Just Throwing This Out There Could Amazon Be Considering Buying Out Paramount/CBS/Viacom?

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
Jeff seems to be making the rounds in Hollywood and the last major Studio that has not been aquired yet is Paramount/CBS/Viacom. I believe that Jeff would like to expand his media reach and also gain access to many of Paramount key properties that can be pretty substantial even though they are not using them very well today. With recent success with smaller budgeted films and winning awards and making good profit I would not be surprised if Matt Damon not giving greater control over the new entity if not full control. Remember Amazon is worth north of 500 billion dollars Viacom would not come up to 75 billion.

jeff-wife-11.jpg

tumblr_ojjx64S28p1tfu6j4o2_540.jpg

casey-affleck-and-amazon-ceo-jeff-bezos-attend-jeff-bezos-and-matt-picture-id627571178

160108-bezos-golden-globes-630x316.jpg

With Bezos money, why dont he just make his own TV shows? What TV shows does he really like that is on CBS or Paramount network? Why dont he just buy those shows individually? He does not need the channel spots. He has Prime video, or he can just buy a channel spot from the cable providers.

Amazon/Bezos is seriously going to try and buy the entire world.

He should buy Sherdog, start making that real paper.......fact, not fiction playa's.

He should buy Sherdog, start making that real paper.......fact, not fiction playa's.
He tried to but those Moderator contracts @Peteyandjia @Madmick @PRIDEWASBETTER and a few others just priced it out of his range. He tried to offer them each a $1MM signing bonus on switch over but they laughed in his face, gave him a wedgie and made him feel like he was that geeky kid back in highschool.

Paramount has been the least successful of the major studios recently, so it's not surprising that Viacom would want out of the movie business.

Would they buy Viacom outright or just look to purchase Paramount from Viacom?

With Bezos money, why dont he just make his own TV shows? What TV shows does he really like that is on CBS or Paramount network? Why dont he just buy those shows individually? He does not need the channel spots. He has Prime video, or he can just buy a channel spot from the cable providers.
Star Trek. Amazon and netflix both offered huge amounts of money, fro just a new star trek show. Its the whole reason CBS built its all access. I'd be fine with amazon buying them, but I believe CBS and Paramount are still battling with each other, regarding a take over.

Back