Just watched the Chris Rock special on Netflix (Tamborine)

Bay Area

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I chuckled maybe 2 times before turning it off midway

Discuss

Oh sad.

I want it to be good.

I watched the Fred armisen stand up and I was shocked at how funny I thought that was...

I guess I don’t know what I like anymore...

Oh sad.

I want it to be good.

I watched the Fred armisen stand up and I was shocked at how funny I thought that was...

It was awful. Even the crowd was given mercy laughs. One lady in the front row stifled a yawn

It did start off a bit slow, I was gonna stop it and watch something else, but it got better.

Wasn't bad at all.

Don't listen to him man. It was cringe worthy. If you value your time, you'll skip it
maybe you didn't like that he got very deep and open about his personal life. You could tell he really needed to get that off his chest. But even with all that seriousness, he was still funny.

I chuckled maybe 2 times before turning it off midway

Discuss

Basically what I anticipated reading. Rock was never funny. He attempts to be edgy and groundbreaking and is like a distilled, bland version of that shit.

maybe you didn't like that he got very deep and open about his personal life. You could tell he really needed to get that off his chest. But even with all that seriousness, he was still funny.

See I like when he gets personal.

I loved good hair. I’m sure a lot of people
Thought it was dumb.

Basically what I anticipated reading. Rock was never funny. He attempts to be edgy and groundbreaking and is like a distilled, bland version of that shit.

I disagree. Bring the Pain was a masterpiece. Bigger and Blacker awesome. His recent work has been dismal. This latest piece was painful. Even the audience looked bored. When you can spot people yawning in the crowd, its time to hang it up.

The wife and I watched it. It was decent. Not Chapelle or Hart, but still entertaining.

god damn.

i tapped out at 20 minutes.

his comedy style is outdated I fell asleep and couldn't finish it.

Oh sad.

I want it to be good.

the dana carvey netflix stand up was funny I didn't expect him to be that good of a stand up.

He hasn't been funny in 10 years. Even Chappelle has lost a step.
High quality, razor sharp comedy is very hard to maintain.

I laughed for a good 20 minutes. Cringed at the failed racial jokes though.

It's a new world brah. I mean, he went back to Bush. Get with the times Chris

Most modern stand up just doesn’t interest me anymore, usually if I wanna watch stand up I just watch classic specials from Carlin, Kinnison, Pryor, Hicks, etc.

He hasn't been funny in 10 years. Even Chappelle has lost a step.
High quality, razor sharp comedy is very hard to maintain.

In the old days, he used to pace back and forth, yell and growl and what not... almost like a caged tiger. Now he's lethargic. He barely moves around the stage, he seems slow witted. Definitely not the Chris Rock I grew up on.

Back