Law Justice Alito allegedly had a ‘Stop the Steal’ symbol on display at his house

PA is Philly on one end, Pittsburgh on the other end, and Alabama in the middle. Let me guess, you’re from the middle.

Pennsyltucky is in the middle, that's what we call it anyway.

Oh it’s not merely alleged, Alito admits it was there.

It’s funny; if a judge in a Trump case is merely a Dem, or if a DA receives a donation from an organization that in turn receives money from another organization that Soros donated to, they’re supposedly corrupt, conflicted, biased, overseeing a kangaroo court, it’s a banana republic, blah blah fucking blah blah.

But if a justice on the highest Court in the land, one who is overseeing cases involving voters’ rights, displays clear bias like Alito did all I hear is “So what?”
Are you seriously gonna pretend that you don't play the same game? Trump is on trial right now over some nonsense from 8 years ago, because the DA literally ran on "getting Trump". Then you have a judge making special "Trump Laws" to allow him to be sued by some crazy lady, that the same judge now calls "unconstitutional" because a woman wants to sue his ass.

But of course, that naked partisanship is all on the up and up to you. Oh', but "Ermagerd! The world is ending!" at some symbol on Alito's desk.

He claimed his wife did it. Valid argument... well played Justice Alito.
also known as the Bob Menedez gold bar defense, my wife hid our financial problems from me and had family gold in her locked walk in closet that I was totally unaware of.

Nobody bites the bullet and takes the blame anymore. nah push your wife or kid or family pet iguana under the bus and move on.

You have to admit that Clarence Thomas is fully compromised at this point though right? not you personally WM but in general.

His wife is a full on election denier and he was bought and paid for by Rich Guy Mustache Twirling Harlan Crow, which is the most perfect villain name eva!

So yeah, the fact that the supremes are outwardly showing their colors, red or blue, makes one wonder when they start shooting at each other like crips and bloods.

And it would be freaking nice if they could rule on the presidential immunity thing and put that to bed one way or the other but they seemingly have more important things to do.....Go figure.

Nobody does, you're just a delusional retard.
lol what a sad loser you must be to post this in response to a matter of fact.

"A partisan, Republican-instigated review of the 2020 election result in Arizona failed to turn up any evidence of widespread fraud, a major blow to Donald Trump and other conspiracy theorists who celebrated the effort.

The investigation, which lasted several months, confirmed that Joe Biden did indeed beat Trump in Maricopa county, the state’s most populous county, Doug Logan, who led the review, told the Arizona senate on Friday. In fact, a hand recount found 99 additional votes for Biden and 261 fewer votes for Trump."

After the 2020 presidential election, as some Trump supporters falsely claimed that President Biden had stolen the office, many of them displayed a startling symbol outside their homes, on their cars and in online posts: an upside-down American flag.

One of the homes flying an inverted flag during that time was the residence of Supreme Court Justice Samuel A. Alito Jr., in Alexandria, Va., according to photographs and interviews with neighbors.

The upside-down flag was aloft on Jan. 17, 2021, the images showed. President Donald J. Trump’s supporters, including some brandishing the same symbol, had rioted at the Capitol a little over a week before. Mr. Biden’s inauguration was three days away. Alarmed neighbors snapped photographs, some of which were recently obtained by The New York Times. Word of the flag filtered back to the court, people who worked there said in interviews.

While the flag was up, the court was still contending with whether to hear a 2020 election case, with Justice Alito on the losing end of that decision. In coming weeks, the justices will rule on two climactic cases involving the storming of the Capitol on Jan. 6, including whether Mr. Trump has immunity for his actions. Their decisions will shape how accountable he can be held for trying to overturn the last presidential election and his chances for re-election in the upcoming one.

“I had no involvement whatsoever in the flying of the flag,” Justice Alito said in an emailed statement to The Times. “It was briefly placed by Mrs. Alito in response to a neighbor’s use of objectionable and personally insulting language on yard signs.”

Judicial experts said in interviews that the flag was a clear violation of ethics rules, which seek to avoid even the appearance of bias, and could sow doubt about Justice Alito’s impartiality in cases related to the election and the Capitol riot.

The mere impression of political opinion can be a problem, the ethics experts said. “It might be his spouse or someone else living in his home, but he shouldn’t have it in his yard as his message to the world,” said Amanda Frost, a law professor at the University of Virginia.

This is “the equivalent of putting a ‘Stop the Steal’ sign in your yard, which is a problem if you’re deciding election-related cases,” she said.

Interviews show that the justice’s wife, Martha-Ann Alito, had been in a dispute with another family on the block over an anti-Trump sign on their lawn, but given the timing and the starkness of the symbol, neighbors interpreted the inverted flag as a political statement by the couple.

The longstanding ethics code for the lower courts, as well as the recent one adopted by the Supreme Court, stresses the need for judges to remain independent and avoid political statements or opinions on matters that could come before them.

Not very gentlemanly of him to throw his wife under the bus like that! This is not nearly as egregious as Clarence Thomas' wife literally plotting the election fraud, and recommending the imprisonment of her political enemies, but it's definitely not a good look.

Unfortunately, their code of ethics adopted a few months ago is about as toothless as a meth addict with scurvy.
lol i love the "i'm a piece of shit neighbor, not a MAGA dork, and it was my wife!" defense of his actions.

Are you seriously gonna pretend that you don't play the same game? Trump is on trial right now over some nonsense from 8 years ago, because the DA literally ran on "getting Trump". Then you have a judge making special "Trump Laws" to allow him to be sued by some crazy lady, that the same judge now calls "unconstitutional" because a woman wants to sue his ass.

But of course, that naked partisanship is all on the up and up to you. Oh', but "Ermagerd! The world is ending!" at some symbol on Alito's desk.
The issue is the SCOTUS not adhering to the same code of ethics as all other federal judges, and Alito (and Thomas for that matter) not recusing themselves from cases where they have clear conflicts of interest, or at the very very least, the appearance of strong conflicts of interest.

There’s nothing partisan about Trump’s cases, and no one made up “special Trump laws.”
The only “special” thing here is you.

Whatever happened to turn the other cheek ? And you’re okay with Supreme Court justices displaying ostentatious political symbols ? That’s appropriate ?

Fuck turn the other cheek. The neighbors were trolling him and his wife trolled them. Seem like justified to me. Fire with fire.

The same geeks who defended RBG running her mouth about Trump are pretending to be upset about this? "SC judges shouldn't show political preference, unless it's for my side!" Please do continue to highlight your hypocrisy.

No I just support "what goes around comes around". The let's play nice is long dead.
So am I, but unfortunately nothing has really “come around” yet.

—GOP filibustered Obama judicial nominees nonstop, literally for years, so they could stack courts with all their own picks.

—They refused to give Garland a hearing and then went nuclear to ram Gorsuch through.

—They complained about trying to fill Scalia’s spot 9 months before an election, but had no issue filling RBG’s while voting was actually going on.

—They also complained about filling Scalia’s spot with a centrist—a judge that the GOP themselves claimed they’d support if nominated—but had no issue replacing RBG with far-right Amy Coney Barrett.

—Once they had these justices confirmed, they lobbed cases like Dobbs to them so they could overturn a half-century of settled law.

In everything judicial, we liberals have gotten the shit kicked out of us by the GOP for the past 15+ years. So my sincere question is: when does what goes around come around for them?

The issue is the SCOTUS not adhering to the same code of ethics as all other federal judges, and Alito (and Thomas for that matter) not recusing themselves from cases where they have clear conflicts of interest, or at the very very least, the appearance of strong conflicts of interest.

There’s nothing partisan about Trump’s cases, and no one made up “special Trump laws.”
The only “special” thing here is you.

When was the last time a liberal SCOTUS excused themselves. Not going to happen. They only have to decide cases on legal standards not moral ones. The same with both liberal and conservative ones.

So am I, but unfortunately nothing has really “come around” yet.

—GOP filibustered Obama judicial nominees nonstop, literally for years, so they could stack courts with all their own picks.

—They refused to give Garland a hearing and then went nuclear to ram Gorsuch through.

—They complained about trying to fill Scalia’s spot 9 months before an election, but had no issue filling RBG’s while voting was actually going on.

—They also complained about filling Scalia’s spot with a centrist—a judge that the GOP themselves claimed they’d support if nominated—but had no issue replacing RBG with far-right Amy Coney Barrett.

—Once they had these justices confirmed, they lobbed cases like Dobbs to them so they could overturn a half-century of settled law.

In everything judicial, we liberals have gotten the shit kicked out of us by the GOP for the past 15+ years. So my sincere question is: when does what goes around come around for them?

When you get the votes to do it.

Mean while the liberals have found other ways to use the "justice" system to come after their enemies. And I use the word enemies to describe our politics now.

When you get the votes to do it.

Mean while the liberals have found other ways to use the "justice" system to come after their enemies. And I use the word enemies to describe our politics now.
We had the votes to do it, that’s why McConnell wouldn’t even hold a hearing for Garland. We had the votes to confirm many of those judges.

Nobody is weaponizing the justice system to go after the GOP’s poor orange messiah. He’s committed a multitude of crimes, including a multi-state scheme to disenfranchise tens of thousands of lawful voters, and he is going through the justice system as he should be.

I’ll give you yet another example: the blue slip tradition. Started around 1917, any time a POTUS nominates a federal judge, a blue slip is sent to the home state senators of that judge, asking those senators for approval. If they disapprove of the nominee, or simply refuse to return the blue slip, it’s treated as a block on the nominee. Obama respected the blue slip tradition for many of his nominees that we had the votes to approve when that blue slip wasn’t returned by home state GOP senators.

This tradition is a courtesy. It’s something in place to keep respect and civility between our two sides.

Want to take a guess if Trump respected it for us like we did for you? He didn’t. Now we are following in his footsteps in some instances, and the GOP is crying about it. So don’t tell me it’s all about us having the votes. You guys don’t get to pull 15 years of cutthroat bullshit, and then cry and play victim when a small iota of that disrespect comes back to bite you in the ass.

What goes around comes around indeed.

Well they have that right, kind of like he has that right to troll them back by flying the flag upside down. I bet that really pissed them off.

But I see some liberals going to the " you can't do what we do, that's not fair" defense.
We’ve entered the era where Presidents and Supreme Court justices get to act like the rest of us dipshits as long as they’re on our team. Yay.

We had the votes to do it, that’s why McConnell wouldn’t even hold a hearing for Garland. We had the votes to confirm many of those judges.

Nobody is weaponizing the justice system to go after the GOP’s poor orange messiah. He’s committed a multitude of crimes, including a multi-state scheme to disenfranchise tens of thousands of lawful voters, and he is going through the justice system as he should be.

I’ll give you yet another example: the blue slip tradition. Started around 1917, any time a POTUS nominates a federal judge, a blue slip is sent to the home state senators of that judge, asking those senators for approval. If they disapprove of the nominee, or simply refuse to return the blue slip, it’s treated as a block on the nominee. Obama respected the blue slip tradition for many of his nominees that we had the votes to approve when that blue slip wasn’t returned by home state GOP senators.

This tradition is a courtesy. It’s something in place to keep respect and civility between our two sides.

Want to take a guess if Trump respected it for us like we did for you? He didn’t. Now we are following in his footsteps in some instances, and the GOP is crying about it. So don’t tell me it’s all about us having the votes. You guys don’t get to pull 15 years of cutthroat bullshit, and then cry and play victim when a small iota of that disrespect comes back to bite you in the ass.

What goes around comes around indeed.

Yep what goes around comes around and even gets the bar raised a notch.

Don't try to act like the democrats haven't been doing this for the same amount of time and try to play victim.

He claimed his wife did it. Valid argument... well played Justice Alito.

So you agree, Alito should recuse himself over anything January 6th related.
Y’all have been freaking out over a judges daughter, so it would make sense you’d have the same outrage over Alito and his wife’s stop the steal sign.

Last edited:
Back